Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Aug 11, 2011, 06:34 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined May 2011
77 Posts
I have the Audi model... Yellow LED stays bright.
kencamp is offline Find More Posts by kencamp
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2011, 07:20 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kencamp View Post
I have the Audi model... Yellow LED stays bright.
Maybe your Audi is designed with fog lamps?

out of curiousity, what firmware are you running? I doubt that makes any difference, but you could try another as a test. I'm running a new 70 min recording duration firmware right now (just an extended version of the 50 min. S/S/C firmware I have posted).
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:00 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Maybe your Audi is designed with fog lamps?

out of curiousity, what firmware are you running? I doubt that makes any difference, but you could try another as a test. I'm running a new 70 min recording duration firmware right now (just an extended version of the 50 min. S/S/C firmware I have posted).
Beware of the Edsel versions......

Tom,
Any hope of getting the clock removal for either the 70 or the 50 minute versions?
JumpySticks is offline Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:18 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpySticks View Post
Beware of the Edsel versions......

Tom,
Any hope of getting the clock removal for either the 70 or the 50 minute versions?
PM me!
Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:24 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbagels View Post
Hi --

I've been searching to see if this has been addressed. Sorry if this is a duplicate question.

I have two 808 #11 cameras. I've updated the firmware to remove the time on both. One works great. On the other camera, if I record a video lasting more than one minute or so and turn the camera off, no file is saved. If I leave the camera on and can connect to a computer before it turns off, I've been able to access files of 5 or 6 minutes in length.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

George
It seems there is more than a few #11s that shut down on their own after a minute or so, with no file saved. But no one knows why. Did yours work OK before you flashed in new firmware? If so, have you tried re-flashing in the firmware... maybe what you were running before when it was working to see if it returns to normal?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:01 AM
Joined Dec 2006
3 Posts
no file after shut-down

Quote:
It seems there is more than a few #11s that shut down on their own after a minute or so, with no file saved. But no one knows why. Did yours work OK before you flashed in new firmware? If so, have you tried re-flashing in the firmware... maybe what you were running before when it was working to see if it returns to normal?
Thanks for your reply. Yup, I tried reflashing the same file that worked in the other camera, but no luck. I'm afraid I didn't try any videos longer than a minute or so before I flashed the firmware to remove the date, so I don't know if it worked originally.

George
gbagels is offline Find More Posts by gbagels
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:34 AM
Latrobe, Pa
Joined Jan 2005
144 Posts
jerky video questions

I've finally stepped up from the edvr to the #11. Looking at raw or natural test video with quicktime it jumps 2x per second like it has dropped some frames. After putting it on youtube to ask questions here I see it's nice & smooth. So first, does the raw vid require some conversion to clean it up even though it is an .mov file? Is quicktime possibly the culprit & I should use a different viewer? Or could my winxp system not be up to the task?

Other casues?

Thanks,
Doug

PTDC0002 (0 min 15 sec)
lead foot is offline Find More Posts by lead foot
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:41 AM
USA, CA, San Diego 92120
Joined Oct 2007
3,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kencamp View Post
Jim - I drilled out the LED hole with a #51 drill... easy to see the LED's now. I've tested all 3 of my jumbo's and they all will stay on in standby mode (amber lite on) until the cows come home. I've sent an email off to Emma (eletoponline) to get her thoughts.
Ken
Ken,
I'm going to drill mine out too.. I think Tom's suggestion to reprogram them is a good one..alll Jumbo's have the identical card layout and circuitry I believe. If you want help doing it, let me know we can both do it at the same time if you want .. and then see how long it takes for the cows to come home..
jims123 is offline Find More Posts by jims123
Old Aug 12, 2011, 09:13 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lead foot View Post
I've finally stepped up from the edvr to the #11. Looking at raw or natural test video with quicktime it jumps 2x per second like it has dropped some frames. After putting it on youtube to ask questions here I see it's nice & smooth. So first, does the raw vid require some conversion to clean it up even though it is an .mov file? Is quicktime possibly the culprit & I should use a different viewer? Or could my winxp system not be up to the task?

Other casues?

Thanks,
Doug
This question has been answered recently.
There's certainly no conversion needed!
Use VLC Media player (viewer) or AviDemux. If it's still jumpy, then it's time for a new, fast, computer or maybe (a big maybe) better graphics card. I take it for granted that you are viewing the video from your hard drive and not via a USB connected reader or camera.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Aug 12, 2011, 09:33 AM
Joined Jul 2011
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lead foot View Post

Other casues?

Thanks,
Doug
Smooth as butter here from YouTube... no jumps at all...
Manny Gonzalez is offline Find More Posts by Manny Gonzalez
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:20 AM
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Aug 2011
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modea2 View Post
Re-flashing DID NOT get it working again

Could the mark actually be alive? Could it literally be A MICROSCOPIC BUG ?????

For anyone who's interested, here is a link to a webpage showing the fault occurring:-

http://web.mac.com/modea2/Rangeway.TV/Keyfob_Fault.html

Does the other fault previously mentioned by other posters look like this?
Has anyone taken a look at the video?
I can't understand it. Why should a fault move?
Look how wobbly the video is too on the last shot just before it "died".
Any ideas anybody?

P.S. sorry for typo on first message concerning this, re-flashing did not revive the camera!
modea2 is offline Find More Posts by modea2
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:34 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,139 Posts
Quote:
Re-flashing DID NOT get it working again

Could the mark actually be alive? Could it literally be A MICROSCOPIC BUG ?????

For anyone who's interested, here is a link to a webpage showing the fault occurring:-

http://web.mac.com/modea2/Rangeway.TV/Keyfob_Fault.html

Does the other fault previously mentioned by other posters look like this?
That is most likely caused by a small piece of foreign material INSIDE the lens CMOS module, in the narrow gap between the back of the lens and the CMOS chip. When you move the camera, the piece of dirt moves. To fix that you will need to unscrew the plastic lens barrel from the plastic CMOS chip holder piece, but recent posts say the newer cameras are using a VERY strong adhesive to hold the lens. Earlier versions were easy to unscrew the lens barrel by chipping off the adhesive with a sharp tool, then tightly (but not TOO tight) holding the square CMOS chip holder with some pliers whil turning the lens barrel counter-clockwise to loosen it. With newer cameras, some have been ruined by trying to do this.

You may want to have the camera replaced rather than trying to fix it yourself?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:14 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,458 Posts
Quote:
Has anyone taken a look at the video?
I can't understand it. Why should a fault move?
Look how wobbly the video is too on the last shot just before it "died".
Any ideas anybody?

P.S. sorry for typo on first message concerning this, re-flashing did not revive the camera!
There's definitely something wrong with your CMOS module. Wobbly and moving dirt, so it looks as if something internaly has broken off and the processor is receiving wavy information from the CMOS module.
I think you mentioned that you had opened and broken something. That's too bad, because this is a case for replacement. However, if you can solder SMD, you may be able to persuade the seller to send you a new CMOS module, including the cable, or maybe the'll give you a good discount on a new camera.

I'm afraid you don't have any other choice. A real bummer, I know.
Good luck
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:34 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
This question has been answered recently.
There's certainly no conversion needed!
Use VLC Media player (viewer) or AviDemux. If it's still jumpy, then it's time for a new, fast, computer or maybe (a big maybe) better graphics card. I take it for granted that you are viewing the video from your hard drive and not via a USB connected reader or camera.
My dual core laptop does this, sometimes. It's usually if I leave VDub or some other program running while viewing the video in another player. It's just not enough memory, or slow disk access or something. It looks like dropped frames but it's just the viewer skipping what it cannot display at the proper time.

Sad to say that my 2 year old dual core laptop is becoming a dinosaur.
JumpySticks is offline Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Old Aug 12, 2011, 01:18 PM
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Aug 2011
154 Posts
Quote:
That is most likely caused by a small piece of foreign material INSIDE the lens CMOS module, in the narrow gap between the back of the lens and the CMOS chip. When you move the camera, the piece of dirt moves. To fix that you will need to unscrew the plastic lens barrel from the plastic CMOS chip holder piece, but recent posts say the newer cameras are using a VERY strong adhesive to hold the lens. Earlier versions were easy to unscrew the lens barrel by chipping off the adhesive with a sharp tool, then tightly (but not TOO tight) holding the square CMOS chip holder with some pliers whil turning the lens barrel counter-clockwise to loosen it. With newer cameras, some have been ruined by trying to do this.

You may want to have the camera replaced rather than trying to fix it yourself?
Unfortunately not only did I have to squeeze very hard trying to unscrew the lens, but in doing so the lens casing now looks very mangled. I don't think they would entertain a replacement now. I wish I'd had a word with you guys before attempting a repair and instead I could have sent it back for replacement. Perhaps they are not using a clean room to assemble these parts? A bit of a bummer though as someone has mentioned.
I think I'll just order a jumbo "Toyota" marked one next month.
I'm too poor this month
modea2 is offline Find More Posts by modea2
Closed Thread