Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:12 PM
United States, AL, Northport
Joined Apr 2010
127 Posts
Not very well but it will knife edge really well. I also added a little down in the hora stabs on the katana to look like the habu32. It's nice but gotta watch landings so you don't take the tail off.

Razerworkz is offline Find More Posts by Razerworkz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2014, 01:31 PM
Joined May 2010
1,672 Posts
I would think a rudder mod with the stabs set up in vertical would maybe make rudder even better...but that's just speculation... I just got a new screamer with the larger bullets,so i think i got the higher KV motor.... i ran it up and feels nice smooth and powerful on 3s
hate2crash is online now Find More Posts by hate2crash
Old Yesterday, 02:52 PM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Apr 2007
1,873 Posts
Funjet 50mm EDF, ctd.

I had posted the video and pics of my first attempt here, hope no-one will mind I show how it's developing - nicely, in short:

- re-balanced the 7-blade rotor (sitting on a 4000kV 2610 Turnigy motor, all in a Haoye 6-blade shroud (which includes, very nicely, a front end and a thrust tube, which is why I used it here)
- made some kind of "fairing" over the upper front part of the EDF so that some kind of "nacelle" intake results, with a rounded edge
- following some advice from this thread, I cut a bigger wedge in the canopy for better airflow to the EDF

All those measures made it fly just like I wanted (not fast, but decent), and it is not awfully loud anymore. The Funjet is of course an excellent model to begin with, flying it is really "fun", mabe the video shows some of that, too

Funjet 50mm EDF 7-blade balanced (4 min 33 sec)

1000mA 3s Nanotech 25C, Supersimple 25A ESC, HXT900

cheers
Clemens
mopetista is online now Find More Posts by mopetista
Old Yesterday, 03:38 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
4,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopetista View Post
I had posted the video and pics of my first attempt here, hope no-one will mind I show how it's developing - nicely, in short:

- re-balanced the 7-blade rotor (sitting on a 4000kV 2610 Turnigy motor, all in a Haoye 6-blade shroud (which includes, very nicely, a front end and a thrust tube, which is why I used it here)
- made some kind of "fairing" over the upper front part of the EDF so that some kind of "nacelle" intake results, with a rounded edge
- following some advice from this thread, I cut a bigger wedge in the canopy for better airflow to the EDF

All those measures made it fly just like I wanted (not fast, but decent), and it is not awfully loud anymore. The Funjet is of course an excellent model to begin with, flying it is really "fun", mabe the video shows some of that, too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoETZBdIIbo

1000mA 3s Nanotech 25C, Supersimple 25A ESC, HXT900

cheers
Clemens
Now that is really cool! I bet the 10 blade Dr. Madthrust would work really well in there too!! It looks and sounds like my Thunderbird...

gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM
Joined May 2010
1,672 Posts
Anyone have information on what dr mad thrust motor/fan combo that out performs SA stock 4300/5blade.... 3s only... Again i like the performance of stock SA on 4s,but it gets way to hot where i live and melts the motor mount housing ... I installed a new rc lander with 5200kv inrunner and it sounds great,but does not have even 1 to 1 PWR in my mirage using a 3s 850.... I have not flown it yet so maybe it will still out perform stock speed wise since i never used anything except stock SA 50mm i am not sure .... thax
Last edited by hate2crash; Yesterday at 06:38 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
3,899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2crash View Post
Anyone have information on what dr mad thrust motor/fan combo that out performs SA stock 4300/5blade.... 3s only... Again i like the performance of stock SA on 4s,but it gets way to hot where i live and melts the motor mount housing ... I installed a new rc lander with 5200kv inrunner and it sounds great,but does not have even 1 to 1 PWR in my mirage using a 3s 850.... I have not flown it yet so maybe it will still out perform stock speed wise since i never used anything except stock SA 50mm i am not sure .... thax
what does the 5200 draw? that 850 battery cant be happy if u expect to get much more power than stock . have u tried a bigger battery , at least for test ?
chas650r is offline Find More Posts by chas650r
Old Today, 06:11 AM
Denver CO
Joined Apr 2008
2,017 Posts
i think a min. for these 10+blades would be at best 1300mah 45c
D_FAST is online now Find More Posts by D_FAST
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 08:20 AM
Joined May 2010
1,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas650r View Post
what does the 5200 draw? that 850 battery cant be happy if u expect to get much more power than stock . have u tried a bigger battery , at least for test ?
Its a 40c and its a 5 blade not 10... anything bigger in mirage i will have to add weight to tail....I have battery back as far as possible its behind canopy... I am going to field to test now...thax
Old Today, 09:23 AM
Joined May 2010
1,672 Posts
Just got back after flying screamer and testing mirage with newly installed rc lander 5blade 5200kv on 40c 3s...Very disappointed in performance... it climbs out same as stock but is actually slower top speed... what a waste of $40... But yes its balanced and sounds great..