SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 13, 2013, 09:13 AM
Flagstaff, AZ
USA, AZ, Flagstaff
Joined Mar 2003
3,852 Posts
I finally got a chance to look through some of the video I shot during WeaselFest. Here is a clip that was taken just as the wind picked up early Saturday afternoon.

It was so fun to toss into a group of Weasels rippin' it up in great lift... flown by such talented pilots, including, Weasel designer and Dream-Flight owner, Michael Richter. It doesn't get much better than that.

We had a similar session on Sunday. Fun! Long live the Weasel!

Dawson

P.S. It was crazy to see Doug Montgomery's GoPro equipped EasyRider flying through the fur ball. I was surprised he wasn't "taken out."

Intense Weasel Flying on Saturday, April 6th, 2013 Weaselfest (4 min 39 sec)
dawsonh is offline Find More Posts by dawsonh
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2013, 11:25 AM
Keep slop'n!
Anchorage/Tucson
Joined Nov 2010
67 Posts
That was the biggest concentration of slopers in the air at once I've ever flown with...it was awesome. Was surprised at the relative lack of mid-airs. My thanks to the Santa Barbara folks for their hospitality. As usual Dawson nails it with his awesome flying and video presentation.
AKSLOPE180 is offline Find More Posts by AKSLOPE180
Old Apr 13, 2013, 11:39 AM
Joined Jan 2007
4,747 Posts
Dawson that was an awesome video and it was nice to see Doug's camera ship in action as well. Good lash-up with the song too.
prodjx is offline Find More Posts by prodjx
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 13, 2013, 12:35 PM
Sky Surfers
USA, ID, Hailey
Joined Apr 2005
2,434 Posts
Until next year

Great video Dawson. It fills in what I missed on that day since I ended up at the Ruins. If I'd known it was that wicked I'd been down the hill in a flash. Perhaps I didn't hear my phone with the alert .

I didn't think I was going to be able to have a proper maiden for my Fish so I put off my departure, day by day, 'til I called Andy on Thursday to meet at Ellwood, about one thirty, and it was "on" thankfully. We had a really fun hour or so which completed my trip. Thanks Andy!

I left SB after Ellwood and got home at noon Friday. Great drive back with a 4hour nap near the half way point. A quick "howdy" to my wife and off to the barn for some horsing around .

All told, another wonderful Fest and a spot is cleared for another 2000+ mile trip in '14.

Nice to see the faces/families old and new. Thanks to Michael and everone who keeps the Weasel spirit alive.

Pete in Idaho
-=RCpeterV=- is offline Find More Posts by -=RCpeterV=-
Old May 06, 2013, 10:49 PM
Glendale,Az.
Joined Oct 2004
3,539 Posts
SHIRTS-WEASELFEST-2013- or
Slope Aerobatics with Lefish Plans on the back-

If you did not get one or you misplaced it, ruined it or want another- I am doing another shirt run.

please do not respond on this thread-please respond via pm or email
White Gildan Long sleeve or short sleeve
paypal: dtmontgomery@cox.net

state in Paypal NOTES-
SIze
LS or
S/L
and which shirt.

25.00 shipped, 30.00 for L/S Shipped

Thanks,Doug
dougmontgomery is offline Find More Posts by dougmontgomery
Old May 06, 2013, 11:39 PM