HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:52 PM
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
533 Posts
I'm trying to put the latest version of th firmware on my fc and when try to load the curren version into the upgrade tool it see the file in the browser, but when I click on it it never loads into the upgrade tool. There are also a couple of strange charecters in the file that I don't know what the are, can I remove them or should they be changed to something
richkphoto is offline Find More Posts by richkphoto
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:59 PM
Joined Aug 2012
599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRyder View Post
I've been absent from this forum for a while but its not because I'm over the moon about my YS-X6, rather the opposite mine is safely tucked away in the box it came in over next to the workbench. After it flipped my Cinestar 6 on takeoff a while back, damaging the Photohigher AV130 in the process I retired mine until I can be assured that it's going to work at least as good as the Wookong-M it was to replace. From what I'm reading about some of these bugs people are finding it looks like that box is going to have a thick layer of dust on it before the controller sees daylight again, that is if I don't sell it first.

The Cinestar is back to flying with the Wookong-M that was on it from day 1 and the Droidworx AD6 that I was thinking of putting the YS on has gone back to Mk electronics, both hex are flying solid and reliably and that's OK with me.
Sad to hear RTryder,
I've had a small anomaly like a few which may be similar to yours 'flipping'.
I get some strange slow response to the TX, so I take off in manual 1, and when nearly in the air (no weight on the ground but still on the ground, I test the elevator, yaw and aileron function, and if slow, I power off throttle, wait 10 seconds, re-arm and take off again. This fixes my issue.

I'm about to decomposition my coaxial frame in favor of a new hexa, similar to your frame. (XM-6 arrives Monday). I'm setting it as an X hexa, not a + but can share my findings if you like. I also have the AV130.
Salocin is offline Find More Posts by Salocin
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:00 PM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
I had exactly the same problem only 30 minutes ago! Start by removing those characters within the file name itself. Close down the upgrade software, reopen it, and try again. It should work fine this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richkphoto View Post
I'm trying to put the latest version of th firmware on my fc and when try to load the curren version into the upgrade tool it see the file in the browser, but when I click on it it never loads into the upgrade tool. There are also a couple of strange charecters in the file that I don't know what the are, can I remove them or should they be changed to something
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:23 PM
Joined Jan 2012
533 Posts
Thanx I give that a shot
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdreitman View Post
I had exactly the same problem only 30 minutes ago! Start by removing those characters within the file name itself. Close down the upgrade software, reopen it, and try again. It should work fine this time.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:14 PM
Joined Jan 2012
533 Posts
That did the trick.
AS to the Wifi not working My modle carrier pushed and upgrade through to my phone and it changed the IP of my hot spot, I changed that and every thing is fine
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:33 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajar View Post
It may not be a valid test but zero's tech people has confirmed about the issue or rather the feature. A simple auto land feature would be a better solution. Having said that, I've never had a problem with RTH so yeah this may all be hypothetical but IMO auto land would be a better solution.
Hi Fajar.....As long as we agree that switching to RTH while it is on the ground is not a valid test, as it will switch of the motors automatically, because when it has landed, that is what it does.

As for what ZeroUAV said. I posed the question to their support and, I have it on email that the only time motors will shut off on the return is if the angle is too high or the shake value is too high. "i want to tell you why about the motor is shut when the aircraft in the back landing .
if your aircraft Tilt angle is big than 60 Degree for one second , the ap will be shut the motors .
why the aircraft tilt for this too much defree ?
you need check the value of Vibration and shaking data
"

What I really cannot understand, is that people make these comments without any proof. Hearsay is not good enough.
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:53 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRyder View Post
I've been absent from this forum for a while but its not because I'm over the moon about my YS-X6, rather the opposite mine is safely tucked away in the box it came in over next to the workbench. After it flipped my Cinestar 6 on takeoff a while back, damaging the Photohigher AV130 in the process I retired mine until I can be assured that it's going to work at least as good as the Wookong-M it was to replace. From what I'm reading about some of these bugs people are finding it looks like that box is going to have a thick layer of dust on it before the controller sees daylight again, that is if I don't sell it first.

The Cinestar is back to flying with the Wookong-M that was on it from day 1 and the Droidworx AD6 that I was thinking of putting the YS on has gone back to Mk electronics, both hex are flying solid and reliably and that's OK with me.
You should give it another go. Take off in Manual 1 or Full GPS mode and you wont have a problem. I cannot take off in Manual 2.

If you have a look at the list of "bugs" at least one of them is hearsay and actually no proof, and I personally have had a look at some of the data files and IMO a lot of the other "bugs" are caused by vibration and bad installation.

I will list all the bugs here and go through them one by one

b1. *Bad RX input will cause motors to cut off. (Installation problem. But where is the proof and anyway, I am sure that it reverts to control by the GCS of the Android tablet or PC)
b2. *Bad sensor data will cause motors to cut off. (Proof. I have seen data files where the GPS data exceeded the acceptable speed, caused the LED to shine white, which means land immediately or switch to manual mode...which was ignored)
b3. May not be able to re-enable radio via GCS (Proof required. Anyway, the Manual says that you should not disable the radio if you don't know what you are doing)
b4. *Motors cut off if RTH enabled and sats less than 7. (Hearsay. Not happened to anyone)
b5. Using Bluestacks on the PC, you cannot set a FLYToPP on it. (Not a bug. It is a software compatibility problem and they have never designed it to be used with bluestacks)

And that is the full extent of the bugs.

Rob
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:20 AM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
b1. *Bad RX input will cause motors to cut off. (Installation problem. But where is the proof and anyway, I am sure that it reverts to control by the GCS of the Android tablet or PC)
b2. *Bad sensor data will cause motors to cut off. (Proof. I have seen data files where the GPS data exceeded the acceptable speed, caused the LED to shine white, which means land immediately or switch to manual mode...which was ignored)
b3. May not be able to re-enable radio via GCS (Proof required. Anyway, the Manual says that you should not disable the radio if you don't know what you are doing)
b4. *Motors cut off if RTH enabled and sats less than 7. (Hearsay. Not happened to anyone)
b5. Using Bluestacks on the PC, you cannot set a FLYToPP on it. (Not a bug. It is a software compatibility problem and they have never designed it to be used with bluestacks)

Rob
I did supply evidence in the other thread.
But will post them here again.
I can supply the log files as well if anyone wants a look.
And skype chat logs with support.

b1.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...h#post22745328
It does not switch to auto hover or gcs control.

b2.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...h#post22863249
If there was a warning in the GCS them maybe you would have a chance to take heed and land.
In daylight 30m+ away, the chances of seeing the led is slim.
When I fly keep my eye on the craft, not the GCS.
On playback there is no system warning in the PC GCS of any problems.
The warning signs were once I know what to look for.

b3.
I will make a video when I get my unit back.
Sometime auto take off will not work without disabling the radio.

I wish I was making this up but I am not.
Install/build issues, yes my problem. Part of the learning process.
Known bugs I can work around.
Unknown bugs are a pain.

b4/5
I will take those off until I can get video proof of them.
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:48 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
291 Posts
Quote:
You should give it another go. Take off in Manual 1 or Full GPS mode and you wont have a problem. I cannot take off in Manual 2.

If you have a look at the list of "bugs" at least one of them is hearsay and actually no proof, and I personally have had a look at some of the data files and IMO a lot of the other "bugs" are caused by vibration and bad installation.

I will list all the bugs here and go through them one by one

Rob
Totally agree with you Rob. I think this b4 shouldn't even be talked as a bug until it's proved to be true. (i think zero should still take it seriously as a suggestion to test it before it happens to someone if it appears to be true though).

Only bummer i've had with YS is really a takeoff in man1 when it is very easy to flip, but in GPS mode takeoff works like dream for me. At least have been working now maybe over 300 takeoffs in all kind of conditions.

I'm still impressed with YS as a system compared to wookong in my Cinestar 6, which last 5-6 updates has been buggy updates each and every one. I had to downgrade my wookong to old 5.02 fw to keep it safe and still had lots of white flash issues in wind. To not even talk about how much better YS flies in wind and with big props and heavy systems. Now i'm building new 120cm coaxial octo with CineStar 360 mount for bigger cameras and i'm quite sure i will end up using YS with that too.

Kari
KariY is online now Find More Posts by KariY
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:17 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Hi Fajar.....As long as we agree that switching to RTH while it is on the ground is not a valid test, as it will switch of the motors automatically, because when it has landed, that is what it does.

As for what ZeroUAV said. I posed the question to their support and, I have it on email that the only time motors will shut off on the return is if the angle is too high or the shake value is too high. "i want to tell you why about the motor is shut when the aircraft in the back landing .
if your aircraft Tilt angle is big than 60 Degree for one second , the ap will be shut the motors .
why the aircraft tilt for this too much defree ?
you need check the value of Vibration and shaking data
"

What I really cannot understand, is that people make these comments without any proof. Hearsay is not good enough.
I asked Peter of Zerouav about the motor shut off when gps is less than 6 sats and he confirmed about that "feature". It has never been an issue to me as all my RTH has been a successful one but it would be more convenient to replace motor shut off with auto land in that kind of situation.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:05 AM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
Hey guys,

As some of you probably remember, I had some problems a few weeks ago with my hexa flying the YS-X6 FC. I spoke with Zero support, and they suggested upgrading the firmware would solve the problem... Well, it hasn't.

With the firmware upgraded, I'm still have this random twitching problem. As you can see in the two video below, I'm flying in full GPS hold mode with both hands off the Tx. You'll notice this random twitch happening. I tried it in GPS, alt hold, and manual mode and all 3 modes exhibited the same problem. I also calibrated the compass on-site, and still not luck. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Ys-x6 twitching problem (0 min 29 sec)

Ys-x6 twitching problem (0 min 29 sec)

Thanks,

J
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:12 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
291 Posts
Quote:
Hey guys,

As some of you probably remember, I had some problems a few weeks ago with my hexa flying the YS-X6 FC. I spoke with Zero support, and they suggested upgrading the firmware would solve the problem... Well, it hasn't.

With the firmware upgraded, I'm still have this random twitching problem. As you can see in the two video below, I'm flying in full GPS hold mode with both hands off the Tx. You'll notice this random twitch happening. I tried it in GPS, alt hold, and manual mode and all 3 modes exhibited the same problem. I also calibrated the compass on-site, and still not luck. Anyone have any other suggestions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGT64ftZJ0A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGT64ftZJ0A

Thanks,

J
What esc:s, esc settings, timing and motors you're using?
KariY is online now Find More Posts by KariY
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:05 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Hey guys,

[
can you get a close up picture of your setup? List of problems can range from ESC settings, channel calibration to interference.

btw jdreitman, I'll send you a pm.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:12 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajar View Post
I asked Peter of Zerouav about the motor shut off when gps is less than 6 sats and he confirmed about that "feature". It has never been an issue to me as all my RTH has been a successful one but it would be more convenient to replace motor shut off with auto land in that kind of situation.
Funny...I spoke to Peter too and those were his comments.

Just for interest. Someone I know tried it yesterday. Spoke to him this morning about this and he said he used 5 satellites and RTH, and it returned to exactly where it took off from. Not sure I would have done that, but he was prepared to take over in manual and he is an expert pilot.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:29 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Funny...I spoke to Peter too and those were his comments.

Just for interest. Someone I know tried it yesterday. Spoke to him this morning about this and he said he used 5 satellites and RTH, and it returned to exactly where it took off from. Not sure I would have done that, but he was prepared to take over in manual and he is an expert pilot.
thats because he got enough sat locks to engage RTH and it didnt drop to <6 sats. I've never experiencing sat lock drops to below 6 but it would be nice if they change the protocol to auto land, just to add an extra layer of convenience and security.

Sometimes I had a bit of trouble understanding peter because of language barrier but my question to him about this issue was simple enough and he answered it, or rather provided explanation to me, plain and simple. I asked him, why does the motors shut off when I engage RTH? He was informed of my test condition and he's the one who gave explanation to me that motors will shut off if RTH is engaged when there's not enough sat locks.