HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:36 AM
Joined Jul 2008
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah View Post
HK released one about 2 weeks ago:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mpatible_.html

It's buggy, but they'll likely solve that. There wasn't a confirmation yet whether the 9XR would have an integrated or module-based DSM transmitter, but one of HK's answers saying they "tested it thoroughly on 9XR which is what it was originally designed for" seems to point towards the module solution... even if probably a slightly different version to use the internal antenna connection.
I think it was confirmed, that it will have module based DSM transmitter.
dziedrius is offline Find More Posts by dziedrius
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:32 AM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
... anyway sd is another one of those things like 3rd joystick that some minority demand but little real benefit. nice to show off at the field but few practical advantages for model memory storage over internal flash..
My 20 memory DX7 ran out long ago. If SD is way too expensive, then flash for 50 to 100 would be nice.

By the way, I'd gladly pay $100 for this 9XR if it has all of the goodness touted from the mod'ed 9X.
dude_109 is offline Find More Posts by dude_109
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:46 AM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,787 Posts
You can have > 20 models, but want a $50 radio? Interesting...

Again, you'll probably want to look at FrSky if you need more than what the 9XR offers.
Kilrah is online now Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:54 AM
Joined Jan 2011
416 Posts
here is another $100 radio -> http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...ly-md2-SPM5510

you can see what hobbyking is up against, they don't have to do anything except make a more user friendly and better advertised 9x and it'll sell like crazy. like the 9x already has.
npre is offline Find More Posts by npre
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:44 AM
Joined Mar 2012
365 Posts
Everyone is talking about the frsky transmitter, but WHERE is it?
volumax is offline Find More Posts by volumax
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:44 AM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah View Post
You can have > 20 models, but want a $50 radio? Interesting...

Again, you'll probably want to look at FrSky if you need more than what the 9XR offers.
Read again, I said I'd pay $100 for this.
dude_109 is offline Find More Posts by dude_109
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:46 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Joined Sep 2006
4,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by volumax View Post
Everyone is talking about the frsky transmitter, but WHERE is it?
Here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=745

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_109 View Post
Read again, I said I'd pay $100 for this.
In the thread for a $50 radio
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:21 AM
Joined Feb 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by npre View Post
here is another $100 radio

you can see what hobbyking is up against, they don't have to do anything except make a more user friendly and better advertised 9x and it'll sell like crazy. like the 9x already has.
That's a $100 Tx/Rx combo, so you're looking at a $50 dollar radio. Not many features, but it doesn't have to be ordered from China ($$) and has great support. I'm no big DX5/6/7/8 fan -- I gave my DX5 away -- but support is really nice when you need it.
wingz is offline Find More Posts by wingz
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:29 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,950 Posts
You don't fly with support, but with a featured radio... what kind of support you need for such limited radio ?
How do you think can live/fly the customers in Europe without this great support ?
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:49 PM
Joined Feb 2012
56 Posts
What kind of support? Seriously? When your 9XR arrives and doesn't work or has significant defects (not uncommon with HobbyKing), who do you call or write?

I don't know about Europe, but with Spektrum here in the States (or just about anything purchased from someplace like Horizon Hobby) you can just call and they will send a replacement immediately or fix the radio promptly at no cost. And it's less likely to be defective to start with.

People value different things. It's silly to compare one $50 radio that has no support and poor quality control to another radio at the same price that is cheaper to obtain, has better quality control, and much better support if something goes wrong. These are not directly comparable.
wingz is offline Find More Posts by wingz
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:03 PM
United States, CA, Brentwood
Joined Jun 2012
451 Posts
It's all about the receivers when I bought. How much are spectrum units 50-60 each? That's why I chose turnigy, 9 bucks per, I can put one in every plane, and have a couple just in case. I have not had a problem with my radio, just 2 defective receivers out of the dozen or so I own, and hobbyking approved return, just wasn't worth my time.
Underthetire is offline Find More Posts by Underthetire
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:17 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Joined Sep 2006
4,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingz View Post
What kind of support? Seriously? When your 9XR arrives and doesn't work or has significant defects (not uncommon with HobbyKing), who do you call or write?
If it's a general defect (like right now with the DSM module) you moan with everyone else until they compensate you, if you just have a one-off defective unit you just buy another one, it still comes out cheaper and you've now got a bunch of spare parts at hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingz View Post
I don't know about Europe
For something imported like Spektrum and with no "official" representation from the brand (Spektrum / Horizon Hobby don't have offices here) you bring/send it back to where you bought it, but it's just an outlet so they'll have to send it to the importer, who might be able to exchange / repair it or not, in which case they'd send it back to the manufacturer - and you'd get your repaired radio after a 4-6 weeks if you're lucky. Oh, and you'll have paid it twice the US price in the first place.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:33 PM
Joined Mar 2012
365 Posts
Where can I buy the frsky transmitter and see the specs?
volumax is offline Find More Posts by volumax
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:34 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Joined Sep 2006
4,787 Posts
Check the thread I linked to for info. It's not available yet, should be there very shortly... pretty much like the 9XR
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:35 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2011
648 Posts
The FrSky transmitter is under development with no release date as yet.
BrettAltea is offline Find More Posts by BrettAltea