SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 27, 2013, 04:58 PM
scotland uk
Joined Jan 2005
1,430 Posts
Discussion
Robotbirds and Brchobbies Beware!!

I stupidly bought another motor from Brc hobbies this time and after returning the motor I have had to open a case on paypal (awaiting outcome), due to them talking BS and making stuff up.

The information on thier websites is so misleading and inaccurate. I have used this guy for many years and not really had any issues up until about a year ago.
They have fast delivery, but I have got to say thats it!
The owner Andi Sethi is very rude and abrupt and is not inetersted in listening.

So.......................
If you buy from any of these companies and want to return anything for any reason all I can say is Good Luck!

Be intersted if its just me or has anyone else had deaings as I will be emailing other parties.

Thanks
wishawhunk is offline Find More Posts by wishawhunk
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2013, 03:03 AM
Atleast It's in one piece
United Kingdom, North Weald Bassett
Joined Nov 2008
408 Posts
I second what you say above and want to add their postage seems to be the most expensive.
I'm trying not to buy from them but some times they seem to be the only ones with stock of what I need I assume all the others are sold out because of the postage charges and customer service problems.

Arcright
Arcright is offline Find More Posts by Arcright
Old May 28, 2013, 01:26 PM
scotland uk
Joined Jan 2005
1,430 Posts
About 6 months ago I bought a spektrum brick and linear servos. I changed my mind and returned them. I had to open a PayPal dispute and accept a 5 handling fee which is a lot of crap, to get my money back. Last month I ordered a motor. Got the prop saver with no motor! When I contacted Andy he basically called me a lair, but to his dismay he sent me another motor. Now this. I just want people in the UK and overseas I guess what to expect when dealing with this guy.
Old Jun 04, 2013, 09:45 AM
scotland uk
Joined Jan 2005
1,430 Posts
Just won my case from paypal. Andy s loses!. Wont be buying anything from these companies again EVER!

Thanks
Old Jun 04, 2013, 02:58 PM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,652 Posts
I think he may be the only stockist of the mini Pitts, mark has already said he won't be getting it.
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
Old Jun 04, 2013, 03:27 PM
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2000
3,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo320 View Post
I think he may be the only stockist of the mini Pitts, mark has already said he won't be getting it.
Thats bad news, but I guess Electricwingman will stock it, he also has the nice Gening micro digital servos and does a deal on them when you buy them with the model.

Mike
Mike Smart is offline Find More Posts by Mike Smart
Old Jun 04, 2013, 05:36 PM
scotland uk
Joined Jan 2005
1,430 Posts
Is this a new plane? Got a link jimbo. Like I said stay clear of this guy. It's no worth it IMO
Old Mar 31, 2014, 05:56 AM
RedWing
Joined Jun 2012
2 Posts
RobotBirds - bad service continues

I bought a product from RobotBirds which failed on first use. This was a spray head for a bottle of ZAP kicker, which I bought at the same time.
I emailed RobotBirds and had no reply after a week. I phoned them today. He claimed to have replied to my email (no reply had been received). After a polite lecture on how to use kicker spray heads, he refused to replace the faulty item. Said that if I placed another order and happened to have a spray head lying around, then he would include it with the order!

When he realised that I bought it in November (it has been in a drawer since then waiting until I needed it), he told me that 7 days is the limit for sending items back. I said what about warranty, and he repeated the 7 day statement (which is about mail order law, not product warranty). I asked him what sort of review he thought he would get, and his reply was 'do what you like'.

So I spent 18 for ZAP kicker that I can't use, unless I can find a spray head somewhere else, or fix the one that I had.

Having had excellent service from so many suppliers in the UK and China, this was a shock and left me reeling.

On the positive side, I have learned never to buy from RobotBirds again! It seems that they have not improved over the years, since the other reviews in this thread were written.
Pinkaxe is offline Find More Posts by Pinkaxe
Old Apr 07, 2014, 02:36 PM
United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, Belfast
Joined Nov 2013
20 Posts
I am afraid I have had a similar experience with Andy Sethi of Robotbirds. On two occasions there has been a problem with my orders, and he left me with a bad feeling afterwards. He just tried to fob me off and was abrupt and rude. He did not reply to many of my emails, told me I was wrong that a part was faulty, and did not want to understand what I was saying. For a low value component I decided it was not worth the effort and aggravation to continue the discussion - which I think is what he is trying to achieve!

They have stocked most of the items I have wanted and the prices seem good and postage did not seem more than other suppliers so I have continued to buy from them. I thought that it was just that I had rubbed him up the wrong way. Perhaps I should think again before buying anything else from them.
John NI is offline Find More Posts by John NI