SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:22 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
speaking of bafoonery

Both parties left each other improper feedback ratings....nice going. They each need to report them as improper given the fact that no transaction ultimately occurred. Spare the indignation as to if it happened or not, site rules and precedence clearly indicate otherwise.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:42 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,419 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
What thread are you reading? Did you not see how the seller came in and tried to explain what happened and his reasoning? Are you intentionally NOT trying to see what the seller had to say, or did you just miss it? Because it's there.

And speaking of ethics, is it o/k for the buyer to call the seller a scammer when he has absolutely NO proof of that?

Yeah I read where he stated the check looked fishy. The rest the seller was jumping up and down those lambasting him for the way he chose to handle it.

I absolutely agree that it is wrong of the buyer to call the seller a scammer, there was no scam. The seller is returning the buyers funds. Other than a deal falling through and both peoples reputations being damaged what good has come of it?

You are right, I for some reason immediately sided with the buyer. I'm not even sure why.

I do hold fast that I will not do business with either. Though the seller has not shown anything other than coming in to try and defend himself from a damaging accusation.

I also think I owe ibcinyourc.com an apology. I immediately jumped to a conclusion about your business practices without knowing a thing about them, for that I am sorry.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:43 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,100 Posts
Trader Rating: 83
Quote:
Both parties left each other improper feedback ratings....nice going. They each need to report them as improper given the fact that no transaction ultimately occurred. Spare the indignation as to if it happened or not, site rules and precedence clearly indicate otherwise.

So true. Scammer? Where did he try to steal from you? Liar? For what? I dont' see it from what has been posted. I do see other issues as I said before but not these. Seller talks about the experience. Well I'm not even going to comment on that one till he answers the one main questions that was asked about 20 times so don't even ask me seller cause I won't answer
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:47 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
I agree the OP shouldn't have started off calling the seller a scammer and should probably change the title of the thread. I understand his frustration but from my experience if he would have just put the facts people would have still drawn the same conclusion without the OP damaging his own reputation.

I also think that the seller probably got a higher offer and decided to go with that, as others that is just my thought of what possibly happened and unless the seller tells us what actually happened with the sale of the engine then we are only left to draw our own conclusions.

Edit: I just read the feedback left by both parties. Like others have said saying he's a scammer and liar has yet to be proven, his actions may be a little unethical in my eyes and aren't how I would conduct business. The feedback left for the buyer just comes across as retaliation to me for receiving negative feedback from the buyer.
Nin3rsAllDay is offline Find More Posts by Nin3rsAllDay
Last edited by Nin3rsAllDay; Sep 28, 2012 at 10:58 AM. Reason: adding to post
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:22 PM
United States, LA, Baton Rouge
Joined Jan 2005
567 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Quote:
What thread are you reading? Did you not see how the seller came in and tried to explain what happened and his reasoning? Are you intentionally NOT trying to see what the seller had to say, or did you just miss it? Because it's there.

And speaking of ethics, is it o/k for the buyer to call the seller a scammer when he has absolutely NO proof of that?

ARE YOU KIDDING? What more proof do you want? I posted all THE PMs we had, Gave the seller a chance to explain over the phone, only after he said TOO BAD for you that I decided to make a thread about him.

He can explain himself at any time, but clearly doesn't have a consistent story which is why this thread is still on going.

Enough proof has been posted, and I still don't have anything back and waiting to hear back form my bank to see whether or not the check was cashed or not, I still don't have any thing back form him.
Alkaline is offline Find More Posts by Alkaline
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:43 PM View Post
Alkaline
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while Alkaline edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:47 PM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,528 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
Scammer is good with me until receipt of the letter and cheque. Then ethics will be the term. Until then....
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Last edited by 4*60; Sep 28, 2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:55 PM
Heli Nerd
Joined Feb 2012
8 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Dizzante is offline Find More Posts by Dizzante
Last edited by Dizzante; Oct 14, 2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:02 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkus View Post
I'll call him out.Someone offered $1200 and you took the extra $200 and left the original customer high and dry and did not even email or PM him that you called off the deal and sent the check back. HUNKUS
Exactly..........
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:03 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzante View Post
Go tr*ll someone else. You spend far too much time t*olling this section. Find something better to do.
Exactly
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:27 PM
Fast is good
USA, IN, Hagerstown
Joined Oct 2003
366 Posts
Trader Rating: 248
I will agree with the trolling, there are a few on here that have to post on every post that comes along, when they have reason to do so.
They need to go out and fly!
jrplane is offline Find More Posts by jrplane
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:29 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
awwww......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzante View Post
Go ... someone else. You spend far too much time ....this section. Find something better to do.
And I see you spend a fair amount of time following me around? I'm honored. Sorry if you don't like my opinion bud, somehow I'll get by.
Last edited by porcia83; Sep 28, 2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:33 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,978 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrplane View Post
I will agree with the trolling, there are a few on here that have to post on every post that comes along, when they have reason to do so.
couldn't agree more
elvill is offline Find More Posts by elvill
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:40 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
physician heal thyself

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrplane View Post
So what did you fly today?

I'll pop up in most if not all of these threads that start with someone screaming accusations and hurling names around. If you don't like it, move on. These threads almost NEVER succeed in doing what the OP wants, they often come off just as bad as the party they are accusing. My suggestion is almost always to cut out the name calling and state facts and present evidence. Sometime mob rules mentality wins over, even more so when the accused party isn't as responsive as they could be.

Would it have been that difficult to WAIT until the OP got his money back to post a thread about his experience. For most responsible, reasonable, and professional people, no...not really. These threads are often started by folks with little self control, looking to vent and scream and call names. Sometimes they are great at pointing out a real scammer, but it's usually not the case. The seller in this case has 100% feedback over a year, all from buyers. While his communication style is lacking, and his business practices are not customer centric, I don't see "scammer" being appropriate at this time. Nor the bafoon title. That has a real 5th grade school yard feel to it no?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:43 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvill View Post
couldn't agree more
welcome to the club.