HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Apr 24, 2012, 02:33 AM
Hungary, Borsod-Aba˙j-ZemplÚn, Miskolc
Joined Mar 2011
157 Posts
This peaked my interest. If it'll be at least as good as my ER9X radio, I'm surely getting one.
Sterby is offline Find More Posts by Sterby
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:20 AM
Poole, England
Joined Mar 2008
1,381 Posts
Have FrSky told you it is a STM32 processor? I have the other information from them you have, but not the processor make.

This will be interesting. We have er9x (and open9x) running on the ersky9x board, so have lots of code and drivers available. The ersky9x board could use the Atmel At91SAM4S device (it's pin compatible) that has the same amount flash and RAM FrSky specify.

For those that don't know, the ersky9x board is a drop in replacement board for the stock board in the er9x, but has an ARM processor and extra peripherals like SD card, telemetry interface, Bluetooth, audio.

Mike.
Mike Blandford is offline Find More Posts by Mike Blandford
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:42 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blandford View Post
Have FrSky told you it is a STM32 processor? I have the other information from them you have, but not the processor make.

This will be interesting. We have er9x (and open9x) running on the ersky9x board, so have lots of code and drivers available. The ersky9x board could use the Atmel At91SAM4S device (it's pin compatible) that has the same amount flash and RAM FrSky specify.

For those that don't know, the ersky9x board is a drop in replacement board for the stock board in the er9x, but has an ARM processor and extra peripherals like SD card, telemetry interface, Bluetooth, audio.

Mike.
But this is a Frsky product.
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
Old Apr 24, 2012, 04:08 AM
Poole, England
Joined Mar 2008
1,381 Posts
Yes, but FrSky talk to us. The PXX protocol is a co-development between them and Erazz and I.

Mike.
Mike Blandford is offline Find More Posts by Mike Blandford
Old Apr 24, 2012, 06:46 AM
Joined Mar 2011
157 Posts
No matter how good the ER9X is, the Turnigy/Flysky etc... 9X has quality problems. Most can be sorted out, but some are really pesky ones. For example, the material can be quite brittle, the sticks are not even sleeved, and the factory interface is quite limited (not to mention the lack of usable manual). Field equipment shouldn't be so brittle.
If FrSky can sort out the plastic quality, puts in bronze sleeves or ball bearings to the stick axis, makes throttle notches a built in option they already won.
If I had one wish, I'd put two potmeters on the side like on Hitec radios. That'd be cash. Also screen on top part of the radio instead of bottom portion.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:50 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,090 Posts
I would rather have a user select-able telemetry(pick what data to show where) on the top - small display for telemetry but with large fonts but have the programmable interface via a large screen on the bottom.

But I always ask for too much.......
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:16 PM
Joined Sep 2002
1,044 Posts
I would like to see Auto-GCAS in any new radio.
Pippin is offline Find More Posts by Pippin
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:39 PM
Aloft Hobbies
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippin View Post
I would like to see Auto-GCAS in any new radio.
= automatic ground collision avoidance algorithm

No thanks.
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Taranis Front Shell Swap
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:24 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
All I want is that this radio can use multi modulation without taking the module. Built in Frsky modulation plus a socket let say dms2 module for bind and fly. Very flexible system including able to be updated or flash firmware of good developer out there to get the most out Frsky radio when we get'em. User friendly, lot of switches. Would be great sliders to use for flaps. Telemetry built in instead using external lcd to view you're voltage and some what. Yes a special telemetry screen above the transmitter would be good but not external. Built in govenor menu would be nice but not important. Slider would be better at the side of the transmiter like my 9 cap super. Ton of settings. Couple nobs. Big lcd screen maybe color. Alot of feature for planes, heli and gliders like Futaba 8fg. Resolution 2048 or more. I'm pretty sure it'll have some type of program for mp3 play back if not that is ok firmware creators would add one due to the processor unit has hardware sound accelerator to play mp3. Or other sound extension format.

I'm not asking much am I? Just to have a Frsky radio that just work and good price to get everybody aboard and leave the old technology behind us good.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 04:50 AM
Joined Mar 2011
157 Posts
Why do you need color screen on a transmitter? You want to play Angry Birds on it?
Normal LCD is fine for most purposes, the rest is just "bling" factor
Old Apr 25, 2012, 05:02 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterby View Post
Why do you need color screen on a transmitter? You want to play Angry Birds on it?
Normal LCD is fine for most purposes, the rest is just "bling" factor
Don't be silly. Who doesn't want color lcd? Walkera known to be cheap but I give them credit they have a awesome beautiful color LCD on some of their transmitter. Do a research.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 05:59 AM
Joined Mar 2011
157 Posts
It would be a real pain seeing anything in sunlight. Regular LCD works in all light conditions.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 06:05 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Aug 2009
957 Posts
Yes and their UI looks looks like a cheaply made imitiation smartphone, no thanks...
pach is offline Find More Posts by pach
Old Apr 25, 2012, 03:03 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
i agree about the LCD, just look at 14mz users looking for a dark spot to read the LCD,
a resistive one for make it even worst.

i had an old casio agenda with dot matrix LCD that used 3 colors LCD (Casio sf 4650 )
thats the best and cheap sun readeable option i can think about for those complaining about the need of a color screen, but i am still quite happy with a monocrome one.
I just ask for a quality LCD, with quick time response for avoid ghost effect and good contrast maybe also dimmable backlight.
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Apr 25, 2012, 03:20 PM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Oosterzele
Joined Dec 2001
5,455 Posts
As long as the display is on top....
WimH is offline Find More Posts by WimH
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: That elusive thermal...
Closed Thread