HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:58 PM
Lebanon,OH
Joined Oct 2002
381 Posts
Finally getting it down!! Burned up my stock motor again this evening, and I am out of spares!! Might be time to stick another Mcpx motor in!!

http://youtu.be/OPlyep3HJYk?hd=1
M3_matt is offline Find More Posts by M3_matt
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2012, 07:24 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAFly View Post
"Bob stop dreaming and land the heli before you crash"
I was dreaming I lived in a big house with high ceilings and I could flip the Genius and fly inverted.. And you want me to wake up,,,WHY... It was a great dream I was even a lot younger and had fast reflexes.. Back to the real world...
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Jan 04, 2012, 07:27 PM
Joined Oct 2010
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
yay por lo que ahora vamos a ver en 3D la noche al aire libre más volar porque me encanta tu vídeo que he publicado su nuevo video en la primera página lol Así que todo está funcionando bien ahora? Le encantará el poder

Saludos amigo

Farmer

¿Al aire libre?,,, mas tarde, de momento en el interior...

Genius cp devo12 motor mcpX 9t indoor GoProHero2 (6 min 0 sec)
txipicopter is offline Find More Posts by txipicopter
Old Jan 04, 2012, 07:52 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Hi Farmer, here are a few ideas for future videos if you are taking requests

Motors - Comparison of c05, hp03s, and mcpx main

Servos - hk282a (how'd you get them to fit, performance, etc.), stock w/ servo saver mod, other

Tail - kdbb blade vs stock w/ pitch mod vs extended boom w/ mcpx v3 tail

p.s. Your video on setting endpoints has likely saved me from stripping several servos. I hope you'll put it back up so others can learn this technique.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:11 PM
United States, CT, Berlin
Joined Jun 2011
238 Posts
OK, I have not been reading the entire thread, I miss a few pages hear and there, but I am pretty sure I didnt miss it.... FARMER what the hell is your secret servo saver technique!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can you do this to us! you know full well every minute you waste getting this information to us servos are being wrenched asunder! How can you allow the senseless destruction of possibly hundereds of innocent tiny little white gears? I had a lot of respect for you up untill now! Just in the time this post took to write I bet 4 more servos are pop pop clicking... I hope you sleep well tonight
helimaniac8 is offline Find More Posts by helimaniac8
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:35 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helimaniac8 View Post
OK, I have not been reading the entire thread, I miss a few pages hear and there, but I am pretty sure I didnt miss it.... FARMER what the hell is your secret servo saver technique!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can you do this to us! you know full well every minute you waste getting this information to us servos are being wrenched asunder! How can you allow the senseless destruction of possibly hundereds of innocent tiny little white gears? I had a lot of respect for you up untill now! Just in the time this post took to write I bet 4 more servos are pop pop clicking... I hope you sleep well tonight

Maybe he took his deep secret to the grave already. I sure hope not. I think he's still looking for the tripod.....

I agree this morning I thought it was a cheap trick to pull on us.. But now that my Hobby King order with the 6 282A's arrived in the mail I'm sure I'll never break another servo.. So who needs his secret??
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:52 PM
Joined Aug 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
That is how Walkera does things...use old parts to make new items
But really it does have one new item the double brushless esc.

I wont buy from oomodel but i was wondering if anyone who did if their kit shipped yet
walkera delay with the production of the upgrade parts.the latest news of the finished date is 6th Jan.
hobbyone.com.hk is offline Find More Posts by hobbyone.com.hk
Old Jan 05, 2012, 12:21 AM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,625 Posts
Finally got my HK 282's in the mail today. Same thought. Now I"m holding 4 orange servos. I'll probably never burn a servo again. (I've used Farmer's secret servo saving technique)!
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Jan 05, 2012, 12:28 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastamike View Post
Finally got my HK 282's in the mail today. Same thought. Now I"m holding 4 orange servos. I'll probably never burn a servo again. (I've used Farmer's secret servo saving technique)!
Mike
Which one? The endpoint setting one or the glue on the servo gear one?

Anyway, go ahead and deploy those hk282(a?)'s...you know you want to
Old Jan 05, 2012, 02:37 AM
United States, CT, Berlin
Joined Jun 2011
238 Posts
I swear on my life, I was just on the terrace after writing that and I striped a servo on the genius! Really, I rotated the gear and it is working for now, but I feel somehow FARMER owes me a 282a, I just think he bad karmad me. Last I checked HK was out of both of those orange servos.
The only way you can make it up to me is to find me a cheap replacement like the 282 for the new 02 "s" model. If you do I will let tonights stripped servo go.... but for the love f god, give us he damn secret jedi servo trick!!!!!
helimaniac8 is offline Find More Posts by helimaniac8
Old Jan 05, 2012, 07:55 AM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
Which one? The endpoint setting one or the glue on the servo gear one?

Anyway, go ahead and deploy those hk282(a?)'s...you know you want to
Glue WHAT GLUE,, he told you this in the secret servo mod video,, Darn you have good ears.. I couldn't even make out what he was saying or see much going on it was all top secret stuff to me..
Old Jan 05, 2012, 08:28 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Glue WHAT GLUE,, he told you this in the secret servo mod video,, Darn you have good ears.. I couldn't even make out what he was saying or see much going on it was all top secret stuff to me..
I think he said he put glue on two of the gear teeth...but yeah, I couldn't see a thing. Better to let him explain before you start shooting hot glue all over your servo gears

Because of you I ordered a hot glue gun today.
Old Jan 05, 2012, 08:35 AM
Joined Dec 2011
87 Posts
Quote:
Hi Farmer, here are a few ideas for future videos if you are taking requests

Motors - Comparison of c05, hp03s, and mcpx main

Servos - hk282a (how'd you get them to fit, performance, etc.), stock w/ servo saver mod, other

Tail - kdbb blade vs stock w/ pitch mod vs extended boom w/ mcpx v3 tail

p.s. Your video on setting endpoints has likely saved me from stripping several servos. I hope you'll put it back up so others can learn this technique.

I haven't got it.. Did someone suceed to place HK servos on the Genius ?
Flo38 is offline Find More Posts by Flo38
Old Jan 05, 2012, 08:43 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo38 View Post
I haven't got it.. Did someone suceed to place HK servos on the Genius ?
Seems some have. I tried today with hk-282a's (orange color) and failed. They looked okay on the ground, ele, ail, and pitch all working fine. As soon as I tried to lift off the heli would just nose dive like it was possessed. I tried turning the gyros down but didn't help. The wire switching part was easy, but mounting them was a pita. Quite possible I screwed something up but I'm not going to spend anymore time on it as my stock are fine...for now at least.
Old Jan 05, 2012, 08:53 AM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
I think he said he put glue on two of the gear teeth...but yeah, I couldn't see a thing. Better to let him explain before you start shooting hot glue all over your servo gears

Because of you I ordered a hot glue gun today.
Keep this in mind if your hobby funds run low.... You might have better luck than he did.. Hint,, wear a mask..

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...cover-glue-gun
Last edited by livonia bob; Jan 05, 2012 at 09:10 AM.