HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:49 AM
France, IdF, Neuilly-sur-Seine
Joined Jan 2012
92 Posts
@LazyZero
Last day I used your tool to flash some ESC with a custom firmware, and I think I wasn't awake, because after uploading my custom firmware, I clicked on the wrong button, e.g. the one for repository firmware instead of the one for PC firmware.

So, do you think, you could separate the 2 choices, in two tabs (red and green parts in two tabs in the picture bellow) to avoid this problem, thanks.
airmamaf is offline Find More Posts by airmamaf
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:59 AM
Joined Jan 2012
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckSum View Post
Hi all-
Pre calibration, all motors started up at the same time. Post calibration, all motors start spinning up at different times with the increase of throttle. I have tried calibrating all together and all separately with no change. Anybody else have this happen?

Setup
Naza M
Futaba 9C w/DL
NTM 28-26A 1200kv / 250w
Hobby King 30A ESC 3A UBEC (SimonK)

-Thanks
What I did to avoid this problem is to build my custom firmware from Simonk sources, with the following parameters for Naza :
STOP_RC_PULS = 1100;
FULL_RC_PULS = 1900;
After uploading the firmware, no need to calibrate because good values are already set.
After this, I had to set the "Motor Idle Speed" in Naza Software to "Low" instead of "Recommend" position.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:46 AM
Philippines, NCR, Pasig City
Joined Mar 2002
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan View Post
F-20A for 20amps
F-30A for 30amps

and the BlueSeries ones, 12a, 20a and 30a.
Thanks for the reply. I see that the F30A is currently on back order. I'll just wait for.the stocks to arrive. :-)
erwinf is online now Find More Posts by erwinf
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:20 PM
Hexapilot
Germany, BY, Munich
Joined Mar 2012
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theo_mich View Post
Looks identical to Trust 45A with the sbec part removed..
Actually it is not identical to the Trust 45A ...
also not identical to the Pulso DLU40A+
another option could be the Maytech 45A, but could not find a board layout ...
Anyone another idea what it could be?
Btw. the Atmega on the Lipolice ESC is a 168 type, sorry it was not readable on the picture.
hexacop is offline Find More Posts by hexacop
Last edited by hexacop; Jan 30, 2013 at 05:24 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:47 PM
Joined Jul 2009
2,189 Posts
simonk,

i bought several RCTimer HVSK-40A to be used with tiger motor. I know that this RCTimer HVSK-40A is using SimonK Firmware: tgy_debug.hex

does it have any known problem? my friend with with 4 motors and with naza dji and during lift off in 10 meters and suddenly motors stop, look like power cut off. i understand that simonk esc does not have power cut off program.

do you have any known issue about this?

note: i went into simonk site and i am no longer see download link to download firmware any more. what happen?
noppita is offline Find More Posts by noppita
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:51 PM
Joined Jul 2009
2,189 Posts
simonk, i have this rctimer HVSK40 amp with firmware version SimonK Firmware: tgy_debug.hex and if i want to re-flashing this esc with your older firmware date 09/30. can i do that?
noppita is offline Find More Posts by noppita
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:13 PM
Joined Apr 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaBravo View Post
Hi all, I managed to flash 2 units of HK-SS30A-HW with tgy.hex. However unable to flash the balance of 2 units. I beleive it may due to RSTDISBL set.

Is there any way to solve this problem?
Anyone can help.........
AlphaBravo is offline Find More Posts by AlphaBravo
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:26 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmamaf View Post
@LazyZero
Last day I used your tool to flash some ESC with a custom firmware, and I think I wasn't awake, because after uploading my custom firmware, I clicked on the wrong button, e.g. the one for repository firmware instead of the one for PC firmware.

So, do you think, you could separate the 2 choices, in two tabs (red and green parts in two tabs in the picture bellow) to avoid this problem, thanks.
Yes, sounds like a good usability improvement. I will add that to one of the next versions. I am currently finalizing the next beta, which includes the ability to make your own ArduinoUSBLinker from within the flashtool. I only have to test is on Windows.

Best Christian
LazyZero is offline Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:25 AM
Hexapilot
Germany, BY, Munich
Joined Mar 2012
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noppita View Post
simonk,

i bought several RCTimer HVSK-40A to be used with tiger motor. I know that this RCTimer HVSK-40A is using SimonK Firmware: tgy_debug.hex

does it have any known problem? my friend with with 4 motors and with naza dji and during lift off in 10 meters and suddenly motors stop, look like power cut off. i understand that simonk esc does not have power cut off program.

do you have any known issue about this?

note: i went into simonk site and i am no longer see download link to download firmware any more. what happen?
I have got six RCTimer HVSK-40A and experienced a similar problem, on ESC get's stuck after few throttle changes and the motor is loosing power. Could reproduce this easily with 3 different motors. I'm using Tiger MT2814 motors.
After this experience I have decided to drop all of them and search for alternative ESC.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:31 AM
Joined Jan 2012
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexacop View Post
I have got six RCTimer HVSK-40A and experienced a similar problem, on ESC get's stuck after few throttle changes and the motor is loosing power. Could reproduce this easily with 3 different motors. I'm using Tiger MT2814 motors.
After this experience I have decided to drop all of them and search for alternative ESC.
I got no problem with my 6 MT2814-11 and Blueseries ESC controlled by DJI Naza
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:40 AM
Hexapilot
Germany, BY, Munich
Joined Mar 2012
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmamaf View Post
I got no problem with my 6 MT2814-11 and Blueseries ESC controlled by DJI Naza
How many Lipo cells?
I had the problems with the Bluseries 40A with 5S battery but did not experience an issue with 4S!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:41 AM
Joined Apr 2011
2 Posts
Hello,

does anyone have a controller software for a Atmega168

Thanks
Peter
KOPPI2 is offline Find More Posts by KOPPI2
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:33 AM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Feb 2008
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma View Post
Has anyone flashed the inbuilt ESCs from the Turnigy "Micro Integrated PCB w/ESCs Quadcopter Frame 235mm (KIT)" yet?

2-3S 8A. There's a best answer credit awarded to a reply saying the chips are atmega8.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...35mm_KIT_.html

Sorry if it been discussed, a search showed nothing.

Cheers.
Anyone here who knows which file I have to use for above Controllers?
critical_limit is offline Find More Posts by critical_limit
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:59 AM
Joined Jan 2012
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexacop View Post
How many Lipo cells?
I had the problems with the Bluseries 40A with 5S battery but did not experience an issue with 4S!
3s, this may indeed be the problem
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:11 PM
Joined Oct 2012
114 Posts
hello simonk and everyone
I use the AVR studio compile the file asm to file hex , my brushless esc use bs_nfet. ( hoppking 20a )
I want to ask, how to insert file bs_nfet. inc in AVR studio? it was appear error
future88 is online now Find More Posts by future88