SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 24, 2015, 01:57 PM
Find More Posts by iadamz
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2009
235 Posts
Loving the black case look over the grey. I have both radios. Black and red just look badass.

And for "funny fingers" remember the Aorora 9 has a very robust touch screen, but it is not like a phone or a tablet that's reading the capacitive heat/electricity in your finger. Rather think of is as the older style "press screen". You really need to give it some direct force in the touch. I prefer it this way. My original Aurora 9 is still functioning perfectly. Just wish my Aurora X was also black. Hmmm. Maybe the third generation?
iadamz is offline Find More Posts by iadamz
Last edited by iadamz; Jun 24, 2015 at 02:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2015, 02:39 PM
Find More Posts by Charley38
United States, TX, Kerrville
Joined Oct 2003
2,490 Posts
Latest Firmware?

Hi guys,

What is the V # latest module firmware? That scan mode info sounds good.

I have 1.09 on my Xmitter.

CR
Charley38 is offline Find More Posts by Charley38
Old Jun 30, 2015, 02:41 PM
Find More Posts by Warjet1950
RC Warjet
United States, CA, Jamul
Joined Mar 2013
1,212 Posts
That's it, 1.09
Warjet1950 is offline Find More Posts by Warjet1950
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 30, 2015, 03:40 PM
Find More Posts by The Tug
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
2,589 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but the earlier firmware had "scan mode" that was true frequency hopping by pressing the module button.The newer version has it in a different format where you have to rebind the Rx every time, not so cool.
The Tug is offline Find More Posts by The Tug
Old Jun 30, 2015, 05:37 PM
Find More Posts by Xpress..
Hitec RCD CSR
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
21,918 Posts
Basically, the SCAN functionality was designed to scan for 20 new frequencies in an RF rich environment- it does not disable the AFHSS functionality of our 2.4Ghz aircraft systems. It would automatically select the 20 cleanest frequencies.

SCAN MODE was an actual mode that was enabled and had to be physically turned off. The new SCAN FUNCTION scans for the new frequencies and automatically reverts back to normal non scanning mode. In either instance, you will lose link to your receivers.
Xpress.. is online now Find More Posts by Xpress..
Last edited by Xpress..; Jun 30, 2015 at 06:22 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 05:47 PM
Find More Posts by 4*60
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
3,899 Posts
Yes, the updated firmware without the scan mode is an improvement. If you used or use scan you need to rebind all receivers whereas if you just use the system it keeps the bind and is a very solid rf system.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Last edited by 4*60; Jul 01, 2015 at 04:09 PM.
Old Jul 03, 2015, 04:38 PM
Find More Posts by The Don
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,543 Posts
I have a used Optima 7 I bought and channels 6 and 7 do not work. Any ideas as to why? Is is possible to disable them somehow with the programmer? It is not the radio settings as if I use a different Optima 7 everything is fine. Did I buy a dud receiver?
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2015, 04:45 PM
Find More Posts by 4*60
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
3,899 Posts
I don't think it can be set. The person who sold it may never have used 6 or 7, You could check to see if the power or ground is missing from the pins and you could use y's if that's the case.
This was mentioned by someone else lately. Like a batch were bad?? Or someone else talked about servos drawing too much and buggering 6 and 7??

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post31946589
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Last edited by 4*60; Jul 03, 2015 at 04:53 PM.
Old Today, 04:30 AM
Find More Posts by Speed_Freak
Joined Oct 2004
44 Posts
Guys with the A9 and an optima 9rx. Can i get an RSSI feed from the RX to feed back in to my OSD?

I miss not knowing my pack voltage when i have my fpv gear on
Speed_Freak is offline Find More Posts by Speed_Freak
Old Today, 06:45 AM
Find More Posts by VideoKing
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_Freak View Post
Guys with the A9 and an optima 9rx. Can i get an RSSI feed from the RX to feed back in to my OSD?

You can certainly get your pack voltage over the telemetry link, but NOT the RSSI data. These are two entirely separate things and the Hitec system does not return RSSI and never has.
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Old Today, 09:39 AM
Find More Posts by Xpress..
Hitec RCD CSR
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
21,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I have a used Optima 7 I bought and channels 6 and 7 do not work. Any ideas as to why? Is is possible to disable them somehow with the programmer? It is not the radio settings as if I use a different Optima 7 everything is fine. Did I buy a dud receiver?
It's possible something may be going on with the receiver. Have you tried contacting the seller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_Freak View Post

Hitec AFHSS systems do not have a RSSI feed- for FPV purposes, it's best to keep it relatively LOS, though we have seen our systems tested to well beyond 7 miles LOS. If you want to know what your pack voltage is then it's pretty simple: take a standard servo extension of the length you need, and remove the signal wire and the female socket- keep the positive, negative, and male lead on the extension (the part that plugs into the receiver). Solder the bare positive and negative leads into your flight pack connector on your control board, and plug the rx lead into the SPC port on your Optima 9. It will automatically transmit your pack voltage back to your transmitter when you plug the battery in. From here, all you need to do is set a low voltage threshold in your transmitter, the transmitter will then alert you when your pack voltage is dropping.
Xpress.. is online now Find More Posts by Xpress..