New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2015, 01:39 PM
Find More Posts by mkpatrick
mkpatrick
Joined Mar 2011
2,064 Posts
I've been doing some research towards consideration of buying an Sbach.
I've looked at the reviews for the FMS Sbach and found out it is very underpowered according to reviews.

As I do just a quick look around for a possible candidate, I stop here on this thread and ask if there is any big flaws or problems with this Dynam Sbach? Its a bit smaller than I wanted but there doesn't seem to be much choices in electrics.
What are some of the major complaints on this one if any?
mkpatrick is offline Find More Posts by mkpatrick
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2015, 03:55 PM
Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Newbe learning everyday!
United States, OH, Parma Heights
Joined Aug 2012
917 Posts
I have the dynam sbach and it is a dog wouldn't recommend it. it has been a hangar queen for two years now
dbdukeboy is online now Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Old Jun 26, 2015, 05:33 PM
Find More Posts by erkq
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
9,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdukeboy View Post
I have the dynam sbach and it is a dog wouldn't recommend it. it has been a hangar queen for two years now
Yup. Mine's been hanging on the wall for a couple of years too.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Jun 26, 2015, 09:19 PM
mkpatrick
Joined Mar 2011
2,064 Posts
Well that settles that then....

Is there an Sbach you recommend? I've sort of looked at the Hangar 9 with an electric setup but that is a lot of build for my skill level and pricy too.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:14 PM
Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Newbe learning everyday!
United States, OH, Parma Heights
Joined Aug 2012
917 Posts
The air frame for the dynam isn't bad. You could swap out the motor for something better. A guy I fly with put a motor from heads up Rc in his dynam sukhoi and it really came to life. I don't think it will hover but it has plenty of speed now. He really likes it. I will probably do that to mine this winter. Sorry I don't remember what motor he used I do know it is a emax motor from heads up rc
dbdukeboy is online now Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:32 PM
mkpatrick
Joined Mar 2011
2,064 Posts
Hovering is what I wanted to do, LOL
Oh well, I'll keep looking...
Thanks!
Old Jun 27, 2015, 01:29 AM
Find More Posts by erkq
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
9,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdukeboy View Post
The air frame for the dynam isn't bad. You could swap out the motor for something better. A guy I fly with put a motor from heads up Rc in his dynam sukhoi and it really came to life. I don't think it will hover but it has plenty of speed now. He really likes it. I will probably do that to mine this winter. Sorry I don't remember what motor he used I do know it is a emax motor from heads up rc
My Sbach's motor was the best part of the whole plane! I had no complaint as soon as I swapped the stock prop for a better one. It easily has the power to hover and its vertical is completely ballistic. No... it is my airframe... the wings are warped with anhedral, the incidence is off. You pull up to do a hammerhead, slow down, hit the rudder and it ends up straight and level. Weird!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Jun 27, 2015, 07:36 AM
Find More Posts by hifinsword
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,806 Posts
4 inch tires for grass fields

I agree that the motor was/is the best part of the Dynam SBach. It's plenty strong for me. The majority of the problems I had getting it airworthy was the servos and servo control horns. The LG needed major reinforcement as did the motor mount. Most of it is documented in my blog here. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2353072

I recently put 4 inch wheels on my Dynam SBach so I could take off and land in a fairly rough grass field. In fact when the park maintenance crew cut the fields with their tractors in early spring, they left tire tread marks everywhere. It was impossible to use until the grass came back later this spring to help cover the tracks. The rain has helped fill them in some too.
4 inch tire ($8.99) link: http://www.lazertoyz.com/Foam-Wheels-4_p_541.html
Axle ($3.99 if added to tire order; $4.99 separately) to go with 4 inch tires link: http://www.lazertoyz.com/4-Axle-and-...set_p_542.html

LazerToyz.com also has 4.5 inch Tundra tires with mounting hardware if you wanted to go that large. ($14.99)
http://www.lazertoyz.com/Fenix-120-a...ear_p_597.html

I used #6-32 x 2in bolts with lock washers and #6-32 plain nuts. I wanted to use lock nuts but Fastenal didn't have them in stock. I was afraid the 1/4 inch bolt would take out too much metal in the LG and I didn't want to drill out that much of the wheel either. I ended up putting aluminum rods in side the wheels as spacers. I know. It's not very scale but you gotta do what you gotta do to fly where you can.
Don
hifinsword is offline Find More Posts by hifinsword
Last edited by hifinsword; Jun 29, 2015 at 05:10 AM.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 01:29 PM
Find More Posts by pulsar110
USA, UT, Provo
Joined Apr 2003
981 Posts
Iv had 2 sbachs and a sukoi. Guess Iv been lucky, all 3 hovered at half throttle or less. I agree the prop needs changed. When I tested about 3 years ago a 14x7 apc pulled the same watts as the stock 13x6 with far better performance in the air.
pulsar110 is offline Find More Posts by pulsar110