HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 15, 2014, 07:07 PM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined May 2014
15 Posts
Discussion
Blade 450 3D proper tail setup help needed.

Hello fellows, recently i changed my cracked tail case of my blade 450 3D and i need help to properly adjust the tail.I found one video by blade itself in which the guy says that you need to adjust the tail pitch slider to center (no pitch on tail blades)to get equal amount of movement towards left and right while the gyro is in rate mode.

But i read somewhere too that its better to adjust the length of linkage o that connects tail servo and the pitch slider or move the whole tail servo so that you can hover it in a rate mode.So going with this route,the pitch slider wont be centered while in a rate mode and blades will have some pitch.So which way is the best?

Another question.I am using Dx9 and when i decrease my gyro gain to about 0~8 % then the red light on gyro turns off.So is that the point when gyro switches to rate mode from heading hold mode? thanks
ninja_zx11 is offline Find More Posts by ninja_zx11
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:08 PM
WJH
United States, FL, Spring Hill
Joined Aug 2005
365 Posts
Can't answer all your questions, but you should center the throw as the video suggests. I am simply amazed by how much better the Quark gyro is than the stock one on my heli. You may want to consider it too. My tail servo just died, ordered a new hitec digital tail servo that works with the quark well.
WJH is online now Find More Posts by WJH
Old Dec 19, 2014, 01:30 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,992 Posts
Usually not much difference.

On most properly designed tail linkages, you will get almost the same results if you centre the slider between it's limits, or set it to give about six degrees of tail pitch against the main rotor torque.

Since most people don't fly rate mode, it doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Any good HH gyro will be able to hold the tail even if the linkage is slightly out.

If you do want to fly in rate mode, you might need to make a small adjustment to the tail rod length or servo position on the boom to get rid of drift.
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Dec 19, 2014, 02:22 PM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined May 2014
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
On most properly designed tail linkages, you will get almost the same results if you centre the slider between it's limits, or set it to give about six degrees of tail pitch against the main rotor torque.

Since most people don't fly rate mode, it doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Any good HH gyro will be able to hold the tail even if the linkage is slightly out.

If you do want to fly in rate mode, you might need to make a small adjustment to the tail rod length or servo position on the boom to get rid of drift.
Thanks for your reply...So its not a bad idea to set a appropriate pitch on tail blades to hold the tail while hovering in rate mode while keeping the servo arm at 90 degrees.right. thanks...
ninja_zx11 is offline Find More Posts by ninja_zx11