mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:12 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
Well...Some help you were. All the same I'm over the thought of doing another, And back on track of KDS or goblin. You dont seem to be one to post pics. But i'll ask anyway..show-case that md500 wraped around a 450 you speak of.
Always glad to be of help . Me don't advertise "what are in the fleet." This is a one time exception ... be warned .... noticed the vertical fin ... it flies better this way . It has scorpion 8 and kontronic jazz esc. It collects more dust than seeing the air.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:32 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,786 Posts
Sorry I couldn't help myself lol! My airwolf
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 23, 2013, 12:31 AM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper62 View Post
Always glad to be of help . Me don't advertise "what are in the fleet." This is a one time exception ... be warned .... noticed the vertical fin ... it flies better this way . It has scorpion 8 and kontronic jazz esc. It collects more dust than seeing the air.
Why that there heli is some abstract Picaso / Van Gogh Art .
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Mar 23, 2013, 12:33 AM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,746 Posts
Been waiting for two weeks for heli-direct to have the 550 canomod green shrek canopy back in stock..Was due today only i see they have already sold out.

http://helidirect.com/canomod-shrek-...-e-p-21697.hdx

Tuff canopy to find thru a company that accepts pay pal. Somebody know an outfit I'm not hip to ? www.canomod.com has them but $35 to ship. screw that !

( If evltoy should see this post, I'm sure you will get a laugh..Inside "green" Joke ) lol
Last edited by Dejavu*Xion; Mar 23, 2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 03:52 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,746 Posts
Chopp-man : U still around ? If so have any experience with these ?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Receiver.html

All flights successful yesterday. Only battling these L.v spring winds is getting to be a .

Also doing a make over on my Align 550..Any one want a stock align canopy, And Align 600xl motor on the cheap, pm me.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:28 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
You know me ... am a "brand name" kind of guy. Me wear rolex and not rolexx, gucci and not gooci .

Kidding aside, after seeing my buddy's sail plane with HK's rx "sailed" away, I'm too leary to use rx, etc. from HK. If you going to use this system, make sure the servos are 1520 otherwise you will kill the servos.

If you want some thing better, try this one

http://www.headsuphobby.com/Hobby-Ea...izer-H-245.htm

A friend has one and he likes it.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:36 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
You know me ... am a "brand name" kind of guy. Me wear rolex and not rolexx, gucci and not gooci .

Kidding aside, after seeing my buddy's sail plane with HK's rx "sailed" away, I'm too leary to use rx, etc. from HK. If you going to use this system, make sure the servos are 1520 otherwise you will kill the servos.

If you want some thing better, try this one

http://www.headsuphobby.com/Hobby-Ea...izer-H-245.htm

A friend has one and he likes it.

Having been using the AS3X from HorizonHobby, I found that the stabilizing system is great for normal sport flying in windy condition and for harrier landing in all conditions. For 3D flying, I found my self fighting the gyro doing KE, KE spin, KE circle, rolling circle, etc as the gyro will try to correct the plane.

Planks are for old men ... I'm back flying heli exclusively.
Last edited by chopper62; Mar 26, 2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 11:24 AM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,746 Posts
"Planks are for old men ... I'm back flying heli exclusively".

Dont try and chase down your youth, lol. Yes Helis are #1 in our book. But you will be back. They ( us ) always come back to a plank now and then when their helis are down for repair.

This thread has been interesting with a bit of fun, But has run its course. Im not so sure the "large" heli section will jump back to what it was this time last year. I can still hear a "pin drop" with echo, echo, echo. See ya around .
Closed Thread