HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:32 PM
figuring it out...sort of!
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,030 Posts
Discussion
Phoenix Model Sea Bee Sport/F3A Pattern

Howdy Y'all. I just traded some old Nitro car and a small elec. car for one of these beauties. I have been building my own scratchbuilt Foam planes and a Multicopter. I have always wanted a larger Plane and this just about fell in my lap. Now whether or not this will be the right plane I'm not too sure. This Is a brand unopen still in plastic in the box! One thing I know after dealing with that Nitro car is that I don't like the hassle of combustion engines. I appreciate the versatility of electrics. Now I will have to join a Club to have a field to fly this but as its winter time I figure I might as well start this thing.

I want to go Electric unless someone can convince me to go gas which I'm not opposed to but I figured I'd pursue both routes on the Economic Basis. So I guess what I'm asking is for suggestions on how to figure what Brushless setup I need or if you think Gas is the way let me Know what all that entails. Thanks.

Marc
goodhumormarc is online now Find More Posts by goodhumormarc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:01 AM
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,030 Posts
Okay so i need some advice on this conversion please? I am getting a Suppo 4120/6 from Altitude Hobbies and I'm not for sure on the ESC? Garret suggests an 85A. I just haven't powered anything this big before and with standard servos. What do I need to run a separate Lipo for the Servos? This will eliminate the need for A BEC right? Thanks

Marc
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:14 PM
I have no friends
United States, MI, Holland
Joined Dec 1996
3,388 Posts
Don't use a lipo, use a 2 cell LiFe. They are closer to the voltage of a 5 cell nimx pack and are great.
mt_100 is online now Find More Posts by mt_100
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:46 PM
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_100 View Post
Don't use a lipo, use a 2 cell LiFe. They are closer to the voltage of a 5 cell nimx pack and are great.
Good to know! thanks!