SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 27, 2014, 02:54 PM
Joined Feb 2012
877 Posts
I built a version of Tonys dual axis head today from bits lying around on the bench. The ball joint seems to be remarkably tough and as this head does not require a delta mix it is possible to get loads of back throw to aid spin up in low wind conditions. I fitted two anti yaw plates made from FG , the finished head has no play and the roll arm length is adjustable via a long threaded hex nut.
Tom Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tom Wright
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2014, 09:00 AM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Sep 2011
3,377 Posts
I have been using mine on my EPP Tadpole Tom and it seems to be holding up very well, am very pleased with it

Simple, easy to make and as you say, gets lot more movement with independent servos rather than delta mixing

Lockey
Lockey is online now Find More Posts by Lockey
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Lockey; Nov 28, 2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:52 AM
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Jun 2010
132 Posts
Tom I am using 1/16 ply shims on the two blade CF which is about what I always seem to end up with, anyhow before I switch motors I will try a few different props to see how it goes this weekend, regards
Kevin
PS love Tony's head design well done.
sepcter is offline Find More Posts by sepcter
Old Nov 28, 2014, 04:55 PM
Joined Feb 2012
877 Posts
Hi Kevin

How far back from the bolt hole outer edge is the shim? If its around 6 mm then you have double the shim thickness I use.
Tonys head design does seem to be practical and easy to build from all sorts of materials

Tom.
Tom Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tom Wright