HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:37 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
New version of the V939 - "6-axis gyro"

I just saw a Chinese thread informing that the new version of WLtoys V939 is on sale! It comes with a 6-axis gyro for self-stabilization. And for the record, there is no such thing as 6-axis gyro, but this is just what the Chinese have been calling 3-axis gyro + 3-axis accelerometers, for months or even years.

I wonder if the 3-axis accelerometers will make it too stable, too easy to fly.

The thread in Simplified Chinese: http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/forum.php?mo...89&pid=8658639

Note: The seller pages warned the package comes with an improved transmitter, which will only work with the improved V939 ("6-axis gyro"). It will not work with the older version of the V939.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:57 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
I can confirm that this product will be released soon, but as of now there are only 2 prototypes. No idea how the TaoBao seller got his hands on one. WLToys is opening another production line due to the popularity of their products!
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:05 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,450 Posts
Let's see, my finance just spent 200 bucks at Victoria Secret's................Husban, 939V2, Mini Pet, MJX X100? Decisions, decisions, decisions............
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:07 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Looks like they're killing off the 9x compatibility as has been rumored Guess I gotta build my own to have 6DoF and 9x compatibility. Unless maybe they are using extra channels for gyro tuning. I hope that is it.

However even with that if they keep the same price as the current 939 it will probably still be a great deal.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:50 PM
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Let's see, my finance just spent 200 bucks at Victoria Secret's................Husban, 939V2, Mini Pet, MJX X100? Decisions, decisions, decisions............
Too... much... details. Somehow, I have this mental picture of a micro quad flying around the bedroom with a lacy thong below.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:07 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
Has everyone seen these?: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-4-...r-p-51434.html

Set of 4 for $3.09 delivered and perfect for those long winter nights.

Description:
Item Name: Helicopter Light Bar
Brand Name: San Huan
Weight of each light bar: Less than 1 gram
Length: 27mm

Can be used for:
6025 RC Helicopter
WLtoys V929 Quadcopter
WLtoys V939 Quadcopter

Package Included:
4 x Light Bar

If anybody wants to see these flashy boards mounted and in operation, my "Ladybird fw v1.0" is sporting a set.
the Ladies (1 min 14 sec)

Ladybird fw1 0 flasher testflight (5 min 6 sec)
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:28 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Good find! Question: can I charge just 2 batteries with this parallel balance charging harness?
Where were you in the "parallel charging wars"? Something similar was suggested back then for v929 batteries - just put your own JSTs on the end.

To answer your question: Yes...and No. You do need three batteries in the harness, but they don't all have to be equally discharged, so you could have a full, a half and an empty battery in there (Don't try this with a 'normal' parallel harness). First the half will be topped up, then the empty one, then your charger should beep and stop when the total voltage is reached for the 3 of them: 12.6v
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
Last edited by Brandigan; Oct 09, 2012 at 05:06 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:35 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
If anybody wants to see these flashy boards mounted and in operation, my "Ladybird fw v1.0" is sporting a set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvTXAR_eXX0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsZgVZfWxeA
The second video I understand, but what are we looking at in the first one? Are you able to select between the colours and flashing/non flashing in some way?

Because if you are, I'd like to set them up something like: flashing at the front and Green/Red at the rear. Got 4 sets on the way.
Last edited by Brandigan; Oct 09, 2012 at 04:49 AM.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:38 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,808 Posts
Quote:
I just saw a Chinese thread informing that the new version of WLtoys V939 is on sale! It comes with a 6-axis gyro for self-stabilization.
Note: The seller pages warned the package comes with an improved transmitter, which will only work with the improved V939 ("6-axis gyro"). It will not work with the older version of the V939.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
I can confirm that this product will be released soon, but as of now there are only 2 prototypes. No idea how the TaoBao seller got his hands on one. WLToys is opening another production line due to the popularity of their products!
So are we to guess that the 'less than eager' response to the v939 (compared to the v929) has prompted this and the original v939 will slip away in its sleep?
Last edited by Brandigan; Oct 09, 2012 at 04:50 AM.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:39 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
I'm not in the war but I followed the entire episode.

Sorry, it's nearing the end of my work day and my brain is fried - could not compute your explanation for now. The thing is I only have 2 batteries for my V939. I am using the non-balancing parallel charging harness, 2 batteries parallel connected to a JST each, then the other end to the charger. Set it to charge at 0.8A (0.4A each), 1S 3.7V. But before that, I would need to allow the batteries to self-balance, equalise for 10 minutes.

With this new found device, I would charge it at XA, 2S, 3.7V. There is no need to allow the batteries to equalise.

So back my question: This thing has 3 ports. I have 2 batteries. Will it charge? Or will the charger report battery error? Thanks.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:41 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
So are we to guess that the 'less than eager' response to the v939 (compared to the v929) has prompted this and the original v939 will slip away in its sleep?
Or, this is a good way to encourage people to buy another product. It's kinda like iPhones.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:58 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,808 Posts
Quote:
The thing is I only have 2 batteries for my V939. I am using the non-balancing parallel charging harness, 2 batteries parallel connected to a JST each, then the other end to the charger. Set it to charge at 0.8A (0.4A each), 1S 3.7V. But before that, I would need to allow the batteries to self-balance, equalise for 10 minutes.
Yes, that is the main difference.

Quote:
So back my question: This thing has 3 ports. I have 2 batteries. Will it charge? Or will the charger report battery error? Thanks.
OK, Nope: continuity error - or similar message.

I thought you had several Micro sized quads = lotsa batteries.

You can mix types: 250maH, 300mAh etc. as long as you charge at the correct current for the lowest. Don't multiply current up as you have (Actually not sure you should have done that in the first place, TBH): set to 0.4A (or whatever) as they each get that.
Last edited by Brandigan; Oct 09, 2012 at 05:04 AM.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:14 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Anyone use one of these for charging?

http://www.wowhobbies.com/hm-cb180-z...1-2-1-1-1.aspx

My ladybird charger seems a little finnicky and because of that I can't verify whether or not it's sometimes getting a full charge. I have a lipo voltage reader but it only works on 2s or more. Didn't realize when I picked it up last week as I was wanting it specifically for these little walkera lipo's to verify whether or not there getting fully charged.
I use these for ages now and I have thrown this in the discussion several times when people were throwing dirt at one another over which way to charge is the "right" way ....
... unfortunately with so much dirt flying around, nobody even EVER seemed to care

Anyway, those are in my eyes the ideal way to charge the batteries, as you can use a "real" charger (like Thunder AC6 for example) and CONSTANTLY monitor WHAT is going on with the charge ...
As for the 1S voltage meter ... I got MANY spares ... (ie, pm if interested ...)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:14 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Anyway, those are in my eyes the ideal way to charge the batteries, as you can use a "real" charger (like Thunder AC6 for example) and CONSTANTLY monitor WHAT is going on with the charge ...
As for the 1S voltage meter ... I got MANY spares ... (ie, pm if interested ...)
All you can do is inform people about available options as objectively as possible and let them make their own decisions.

As for checking, I've got several of these. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330730909870 and they're great. They autodetect the number of cells connected and cycle through the different voltages on the display. For larger batteries (or several joined together in a balance charging harness) you can also set the discharged voltage you want them to 'alarm' at. Perfect for my AR.Drone when flying with the full sized Tx, as I can't see the flashing lights warning at a distance. Video here (not mine) shows one in action.

Lipo Alarm Buzzer 1-8S / Memory of low level setting / ON-OFF buzzer (3 min 11 sec)
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:33 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,450 Posts
Banggood now has cheap 7mm replacement motors:

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-7m...0487522012019E
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor