315 Posts
thanks for the pics !
GetToDaChopper is offline Find More Posts by GetToDaChopper
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:07 PM
Joined Dec 2007
197 Posts
Hi

I have Tarot zyx-s with Sbus cable and Robird G31 with the sbus/dsm cable that came with G31.

Does Tarot Sbus cable work in G31?
Does G31 sbus/dsm cable work in Tarot?

Im selling the tarot..
JiriK is offline Find More Posts by JiriK
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:50 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,472 Posts
How soon till gyro governor is released??

Still waiting for the new governor software to be released ,anyone heard any rumors when this might happen????
Steve
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Old Jul 22, 2012, 04:09 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHeliPilot View Post
You got it sir. I have switched out the first G31 with a new one and attached all ofthe leads. I have updated it to version 0.97a. I'll do the setup programming in the next few days and let you know how it goes.
Thanks. Lucky you had two G31's. It's always nice to be able to use a process of elimination, by changing each part.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:43 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriK View Post
Hi

I have Tarot zyx-s with Sbus cable and Robird G31 with the sbus/dsm cable that came with G31.

Does Tarot Sbus cable work in G31?
Does G31 sbus/dsm cable work in Tarot?

Im selling the tarot..
I don't see any reason why not. The G31 sbus/dsm cable just has an extra power connector.

Someone has already reported that the tarot sat lead works on the G31. In their case they had to use a Y connector to get the power to the rudder servo.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:10 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,223 Posts
i totally forgot to post on my blackwidow fbl controller. its is exactly like 3gyv2 , all the way down to the setup .
i am using cheap mg90 s non digital servos , and a 9258mg emaxx servo for the tail on the 450 pro with the DFC ALIGN HEAD , and green dampers for the dfc head . flys really good , its a bit slow on the cyclic but thats because of the servos used . it still handles and flys like its on rails , alot smoother than the flybar , but i still like the flybar because i am a cheap bastard . i am glad i tryed it , but dont think i will get another . i will probably put this on the 500 , just because there is more rooom to hide the wires , but does tame the 450 down alot .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Last edited by jombo; May 29, 2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:25 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,223 Posts
here is a more recent shot of the 450 , i changed the blades from the CF blades which are light , to heavier fiberglass blades . it tames the cyclic down alot and left all my expo and other settings to 0 and 100.
Last edited by jombo; May 29, 2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:59 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,969 Posts
Thanks for the info about the Black Widow and your heli, jombo. Good to hear your 450 flies well with the Black Widow.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 03:14 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,969 Posts
The weather has been pretty bad since I got back late Friday night. Saturday was very windy but I still took the 450 Pro with the 3GY outside for a test flight. I was amazed how well the 3GY coped with the wind, but it was too windy to see if I liked it better with the increased collective pitch range.

I also flew the 500ESP with the ZYX-S. I know it's a bigger heli, but again the ZYX felt much smoother, less robotic than the 3GY. Perhaps I have the 3GY gains too high now.

Sunday it rained and it's not supposed to clear until Wednesday. I'll try to fly the 3GY again then, if the wind is light.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:43 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,472 Posts
Crash tested my Kstds215mg servos!

I did a move to close to the ground and slammed my heli into the ground skids down.The damage wasn't to bad considering, one broken skid,two blades cracked but never hit anything and two broken servo arms.The servos still feel as smooth as before and after repairing the damage it flys just as well.I guess I should be great full that I didn't damage the shafts or Dfc head!Anyone ever break blades without hitting the ground, I think the impact was pretty violent , but flat on to concrete.I'll start flying three mistakes high again for awhile!The Robird has given me alot of confidence!edit: mainshaft was bent, after replacing my main shaft the vib graph is almost zero for tail and main (way below 200)even better than before and with Hobbyking $3.50 blades!
Steve
Last edited by Kauaiguy; Jul 23, 2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:13 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,969 Posts
Gosh, Steve, that must have been a hard, perfectly flat one, to break blades without them touching. Great to hear it's flying well again and even better with the new shaft.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:24 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,223 Posts
beenflying , your welcome . from all the cheap fbl systems out there this has got to be one of the less painful ones to setup .
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:24 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,472 Posts
Beam calls there landing gear near unbreakable ,( broke one side only) the tail hit hard enough to bend the tail up a few inchs and crack the carbon fin but the tail blades never hit.I think I might have bent my shaft earlier because my vibs where higher but with the new shaft no vibs, wasn't sure how low was possible!
Steve
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:35 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
beenflying , your welcome . from all the cheap fbl systems out there this has got to be one of the less painful ones to setup .
Yes, they've made the setup very easy and the PC app is nicely done, also.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:43 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy View Post
Beam calls there landing gear near unbreakable ,( broke one side only) the tail hit hard enough to bend the tail up a few inchs and crack the carbon fin but the tail blades never hit.I think I might have bent my shaft earlier because my vibs where higher but with the new shaft no vibs, wasn't sure how low was possible!
Steve
I do the same thing all the time on the sim, but tend to fly higher with the real thing.

I'm surprised it didn't take out the main bearings, and thank goodness for belt drive.