224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by etotheo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 View Post
Quote:
This is to the OP badpilotto,

Maybe you should change the title of this thread to the Official RCTimer Thread... or something.

Just a thought.
For one thing , this is a public forum, and online retailers are part of the public, they have a right to participate here. The interaction between customer and retailer can only benefit both parties. If RCTimer were my company I would strongly encourage active participation in these forums, that's just good business....nothing wrong with that. Kudos to the thread starter for opening up the dialogue, as he like the rest of us here just wanted to know something about RCTimer. And more importantly, if we can get a good deal out of the information we glean here, more the better.
This is exactly my point!

I only thought that by changing the title of the thread, it would be easier for others that are thinking about or already have used RCTimer to join in and participate. Something that stands out a little better... something that catches the eye a little better...
What about Unofficial RCTimer Thread

???
etotheo is offline Find More Posts by etotheo
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2009, 09:09 AM
The Great NorthWest
Joined May 2007
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctimer View Post
Dear Xwing,

Sorry for any inconveneince, this is our mistake, we can offer resend or refund.
Deeply appreciate for your forgiveness.
Thank you much !

Nina
Thank you for your attention to this matter. You are doing a very good job and I fully understand mistakes can happen, we are only human. I sent you another message.

I am pleased with the way you do business and I will return to conduct future orders!

Thanks,
Xwing
xwingnut is offline Find More Posts by xwingnut
Old Oct 29, 2009, 10:27 AM
CANA
upstate NY
Joined Oct 2009
8 Posts
I saw rc timer on ebay - did some research - and found their website and this forum. I'm new to electrics - but it seems that they have everything I need to get started! Are there some guidelines on motor sizes that anyone can offer?

I will build a trainer (like the foam blu baby), but am interested in any charts that might give general wingspan/weight guidelines for these motors. so, a 36" wingspan on a plane weighting 15 oz should have what for an engine?

Also interested in what might be an equivalent for an .049, .15 and .25 nitro motor...
Thanks in advance!
canaweb is offline Find More Posts by canaweb
Old Oct 29, 2009, 02:52 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,793 Posts
Quote:
This is exactly my point!

I only thought that by changing the title of the thread, it would be easier for others that are thinking about or already have used RCTimer to join in and participate. Something that stands out a little better... something that catches the eye a little better...
I misunderstood your intent; I stand corrected! I wish all the retailers would communicate with us like Nina, (RCTimer), has. Knowledge is power and helps in making purchasing decisions in hard times. My apologies for the ruffled feathers etotheo.

Sonny
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Last edited by sonny1; Oct 29, 2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 02:59 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaweb View Post
I saw rc timer on ebay - did some research - and found their website and this forum. I'm new to electrics - but it seems that they have everything I need to get started! Are there some guidelines on motor sizes that anyone can offer?

I will build a trainer (like the foam blu baby), but am interested in any charts that might give general wingspan/weight guidelines for these motors. so, a 36" wingspan on a plane weighting 15 oz should have what for an engine?

Also interested in what might be an equivalent for an .049, .15 and .25 nitro motor...
Thanks in advance!
Be patient, I'll give you some suggestions when I get a minute; probably this evening. A whole can of worms is associated with choosing an appropriate motor, but RCTimer has very good prices on their motors. Since they are a relatively new company, there are very few reviews out there on their motors; I just ordered a 28-30-850kv from them, but haven't used it yet....it looks good though. I especially like the construction, they use good heavy duty "C" clips to hold the shaft in place; a good sign I hope, we'll see.

Sonny
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Old Oct 29, 2009, 08:32 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,606 Posts
Received my order today and everything looks great--thanks Nina. I placed the order on the 18th and received here in Ohio on the 29th. 11 days for "free" shipping is fine by me

Now, what to order next......?
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Nov 02, 2009, 03:46 PM
Fly Low Fly Fast Fly Often
Glendale, Arizona
Joined Jul 2007
848 Posts
Order Information Please

Hi Nina, I have placed 2 orders and still have not received any shipping information.
Can you please check on these orders and let me know when they shipped and the tracking numbers.
Thanks in advance, John

Order number 1 placed via eBay
eBay Item 110414651976
Placed October 20th

5 Pcs New 6 x 4E Propeller Prop Motor Shaft Adaptation

Order number 2 placed via the rctimer web site:
Placed October 21st

3pcs 11x7E Propeller Motor Shaft Adaptation
1 $4.99 $4.99

3pcs 10x7E Propeller Motor Shaft Adaptation
1 $4.99 $4.99

BC 3536-8 Outrunner BL Motor
1 $16.99 $16.99

ESC 40A Speed Controller
1 $11.99 $11.99
jjr2001 is online now Find More Posts by jjr2001
Old Nov 02, 2009, 05:50 PM
United States, NY, Shirley
Joined Oct 2008
2,007 Posts
Hi Nina,

I was just checking my order using the order # 2009110172296 you emailed me and the address should read:

Southampton, NY 11969

NOT

United States, New York 11969

It might get to Southampton but it might get sent back to you.

The order says it has not shipped yet. Could you please check this and make the correction to the shipping address?

Thanks
Rick
reacher10 is online now Find More Posts by reacher10
Old Nov 02, 2009, 08:49 PM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Need advice from Nina

Nina, does RC timer have servos that are comparable to these???

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=5709

xie xie

Nav
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Old Nov 03, 2009, 03:42 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare View Post
Nina, does RC timer have servos that are comparable to these???

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=5709

xie xie

Nav

Dear Nav,

Thanks for your message, I cann't open this link, because IP limited, may you send the information to: rctimer@gmail.com ?

Thank you very much.

Nina
rctimer is offline Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 03, 2009, 07:32 AM
Fly Low Fly Fast Fly Often
Glendale, Arizona
Joined Jul 2007
848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjr2001 View Post
Hi Nina, I have placed 2 orders and still have not received any shipping information.
Can you please check on these orders and let me know when they shipped and the tracking numbers.
Thanks in advance, John

Thanks for checking Nina, I just got your email and see that the order was shipped on the 22 and is on the way. Since it left HK on the 30th I figure it will be next week before it gets here.

Thanks again, John
jjr2001 is online now Find More Posts by jjr2001
Last edited by jjr2001; Nov 03, 2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old Nov 03, 2009, 08:25 AM
Saskatoon, SK.
Joined Oct 2009
224 Posts
Quote:
I'm a Canadian resident and the RCTimer website gave me an error when I tried to enter my Postal Code (Zip) in the receiving address section of the "My rctimer" section.

It seems there software only recognizes 5-digits (zip) and not the 6-digits required for a Postal Code.

Anyway, I sent Nina an email and she responded quickly, saying that the package will be sent to the address that I gave her in my initial email. Since then I've logged-in and my receiving address has not been updated and I can't check out what I've got in my "cart" until it is.

I will keep the community updated though!

Looking forward to purchasing a ESC's, motors, deans, ect.

Also Nina, it would be great if RCTimer could find and supply a few choices for a balancing charger with an AC Adapter for 1-6 Cell Lipo's!!!
Nina,

I'm still unable to input my postal code into your website, which will enable me to make my order.

Let me know if this is something that you can change (add) within my account and I will PM you my shipping address.

Thanks.
Old Nov 03, 2009, 08:29 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
568 Posts
Quote:
Nina,

I'm still unable to input my postal code into your website, which will enable me to make my order.

Let me know if this is something that you can change (add) within my account and I will PM you my shipping address.

Thanks.
Dear Sir,

Thanks for your enquiry.
You can input default "000000" in Zipcode, and input right information in shipping address.
Nina
rctimer is offline Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 03, 2009, 09:29 AM
That boy ain't right.
Austin, Texas
Joined Nov 2005
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reacher10 View Post
Hi Nina,

I was just checking my order using the order # 2009110172296 you emailed me and the address should read:

Southampton, NY 11969

NOT

United States, New York 11969

It might get to Southampton but it might get sent back to you.

The order says it has not shipped yet. Could you please check this and make the correction to the shipping address?

Thanks
Rick
This appears to be a common problem. I checked my order, number 2009102514300, and I see that my city was left out as well. It should read:

Austin, TX 78750

Not

United States, Texas, 78750

In general, delivery addresses in the United states should take the following format: Link
*shrug* is offline Find More Posts by *shrug*
Old Nov 03, 2009, 01:33 PM
Saskatoon, SK.
Joined Oct 2009
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctimer View Post
Quote:
Nina,

Thanks.
Dear Sir,

Thanks for your enquiry.
You can input default "000000" in Zipcode, and input right information in shipping address.
Nina
Thanks for the reply Nina,

The postal code work-around seems to be OK. I've sent my order in, so we'll see...

Thanks.