Old Feb 04, 2016, 11:34 PM
Find More Posts by tdford
Comin' in HOT!
United States, CO
Joined Dec 2012
3,684 Posts
I don't know what radio gear you're running, but it should probably be fine. I've ran wires parallel before without issue. A proper range test is always recommended.
tdford is offline Find More Posts by tdford
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2016, 06:47 AM
Find More Posts by strykerf27q
Joined Mar 2012
219 Posts
i'm running a futaba 6ex with an fr sky receiver
strykerf27q is online now Find More Posts by strykerf27q
Old Feb 16, 2016, 09:09 PM
Find More Posts by deltaKshatriya
Joined Aug 2014
138 Posts
Hey guys, I saw in motionrc that they flew the 4s F-22 on 3s. I'm curious if this has been done by anyone? Or if even in theory this should work?
deltaKshatriya is offline Find More Posts by deltaKshatriya
Old Feb 17, 2016, 09:18 AM
Find More Posts by gooniac33
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
6,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaKshatriya View Post
Hey guys, I saw in motionrc that they flew the 4s F-22 on 3s. I'm curious if this has been done by anyone? Or if even in theory this should work?
It will work but it will fly best on 4s. If you don't want to go fast then throttle back. You will actually get better flight time on 4s as a result. On 3s you will be straining to stay in the air....
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Feb 17, 2016, 12:50 PM
Joined Aug 2014
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33 View Post
It will work but it will fly best on 4s. If you don't want to go fast then throttle back. You will actually get better flight time on 4s as a result. On 3s you will be straining to stay in the air....
I ask because I won't be able to use my 4s (probably) this weekend.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 01:40 PM
Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jun 2009
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaKshatriya View Post
I personally wouldn't hand launch my 4s version on 3s, however from a landing strip I don't see why not, mine flies pretty good at 1/3 throttle once up in the air.
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Feb 17, 2016, 04:48 PM
Joined Aug 2014
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
I personally wouldn't hand launch my 4s version on 3s, however from a landing strip I don't see why not, mine flies pretty good at 1/3 throttle once up in the air.
I don't do hand launches, so this is good news for me.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 06:41 AM
Joined Aug 2014
138 Posts
So I'm getting pretty limited elevator movement from my receiver. About how much elevator movement should there be?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 02:41 PM
Joined Mar 2012
219 Posts
Lost radio control a few seconds after take off on first flight 😡😡😡😡😡
Old Feb 27, 2016, 09:57 PM
Find More Posts by mitch 1
United States, CA, La Quinta
Joined Feb 2014
315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerf27q View Post
Lost radio control a few seconds after take off on first flight ����������
Happened to me also on my first one. I had to use extensions to mount the receiver up further and never knew about servo extension "lockers". I think my servo extension came unhooked. Lock servo extension ends together with heat shrink or ready made plastic tabs. I think this is what happened with mine.
Anyway, after that crash, i made sure I had servo extensions secured and also make sure the lipo cannot move at ALL. If the lipo moves forward, it can place stress on the servo extensions and pull them out or make CG feel like you have lost all control.
Hope this helps you,
I bought a 2nd one and made sure I followed these plans and have over 300 flights on second one.
Mitch.
mitch 1 is offline Find More Posts by mitch 1
Last edited by mitch 1; Feb 28, 2016 at 09:23 AM.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 07:42 AM
Joined Mar 2012
219 Posts
I think I discovered what issue I was having yesterday and why this plane crashed along with losing control of my other plane. I accidentally changed the stick setting in the radio which caused some of my controls to be different -_- now I know. Ordering another plane. lol
Old Feb 28, 2016, 07:46 PM
Find More Posts by tdford
Comin' in HOT!
United States, CO
Joined Dec 2012
3,684 Posts
Quote:
i'm running a futaba 6ex with an fr sky receiver
Quote:
Lost radio control a few seconds after take off on first flight 😡😡😡😡😡
So two questions. Is that receiver considered a "long range" or "parkflyer" type? And did you do a proper range test? I'm assuming you know what a range test is.

Even my old Spektrum AR6000 receivers I left wires inside. That's a DSM (1) receiver.

Good luck on the next one.
tdford is offline Find More Posts by tdford
Old Feb 29, 2016, 05:48 AM
Joined Mar 2012
219 Posts
I believe it is a full range receiver. It has 2 antennas. I did a range test on power down mode and was able to walk a good 50 paces or so before it lost signal (manual specifies 30-50 paces is good). The problem I think came when I tried going into power down mode, i accidentally changed the stick mode and didn't realize until I was in the air. I think my ailerons were controlling the "rudder" function (front wheel on this plane) hence the crash.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:25 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
6,178 Posts
Quote:
I believe it is a full range receiver. It has 2 antennas. I did a range test on power down mode and was able to walk a good 50 paces or so before it lost signal (manual specifies 30-50 paces is good). The problem I think came when I tried going into power down mode, i accidentally changed the stick mode and didn't realize until I was in the air. I think my ailerons were controlling the "rudder" function (front wheel on this plane) hence the crash.
Doing a range test is one thing. You need to make sure to move the plane in all directions as well though. Put yourself between the plane and the transmitter as well and see how it responds. But it could have been the ESC cutting out as well. I don't like how they have the esc configured in this plane and will be moving it into the intake stream. I have been having issues with cooling which will also make a BEC fail. Thankfully I use a UBEC so when mine shut off due to high heat I was able to land with no problem. It isn't over amped at all its just not getting adequate cooling. It doesn't take long for it to heat up either. The stock on has very poor cooling fins and could have been the issue.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:26 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
6,178 Posts
I flew mine with my fellow wingman at my field this past weekend and had a blast!! With out current set up this plane flies a lot like the real thing! It is such a blast and very efficient! it cruises well at half throttle but when we open it up there is a nice howl that comes out of the exhaust and it just rockets skyward! Great flying plane!