HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2008, 05:39 PM
Joined Dec 2007
2 Posts
Discussion
Does plantraco monolith have mixing?

I have an old futaba skysport and was thinking about using it with my plantraco planes. The TX doesnt have any kind of v-tail mixing and i was wondering if the monolith had this function built in ?
andermike is offline Find More Posts by andermike
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2008, 05:59 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
No it does not. There is an 8UH super down in the for sale forum that would do most of what you wanted. There are also a couple of Hitec radios for sale down there too.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Nov 06, 2008, 10:34 PM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot
No it does not. There is an 8UH super down in the for sale forum that would do most of what you wanted. There are also a couple of Hitec radios for sale down there too.

Yep, with the Monolith, you do all the mixing functions on the host transmitter.

The standard HFX900 transmitter has elevon-Vtail mixing and negative expo built in - but Monolith still gives you more freedom when used with a good HiTec or Futaba. This is particularly the case if you want to use servo's, then you can do EPA and reversing from the Tx which is really nice for micro stuff.
Plantraco is offline Find More Posts by Plantraco
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 06, 2008, 10:50 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
The ultimate is currently the Futaba 10C radio. I would say 12/14MZ but they no longer have power on the trainer port, so it makes them much harder to use.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Nov 07, 2008, 11:57 AM
Joined Dec 2007
2 Posts
Thanks for the info
andermike is offline Find More Posts by andermike
Old Nov 07, 2008, 12:04 PM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,236 Posts
HiTec Eclipse is very good for Monolith
Plantraco is offline Find More Posts by Plantraco