HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 07, 2014, 07:17 AM
It's like an addiction!
NY, Rochester
Joined Oct 2003
1,507 Posts
Discussion
Epson Moverio BT-200 FPV smart glasses and DJI Phantom Vision 2+

Discussion regarding the usage of the Epson Moverio BT-200 smart glasses and the DJI Phantom Vision 2+.

Get ready for the next generation of augmented reality platforms — the BT-200 from Epson, the world leader in projection technology. These binocular, transparent smart glasses open up a whole new world in entertainment, manufacturing, medical science and more. Unlike competitive models, each lens has its own display, right in your field of vision, projected into your surroundings. And, the BT-200 boasts 2x the virtual screen size, at a remarkably affordable price. These lightweight glasses work out-of-the-box with Bluetooth and other technology, plus most AndroidTM apps. With a front-facing camera and motion tracker, the BT-200 is a premier development platform for apps of the future and hands-free scenarios, delivering large, 2D or 3D images, front and center — virtually anywhere!
Downwind3Zero is offline Find More Posts by Downwind3Zero
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2014, 07:25 AM
It's like an addiction!
NY, Rochester
Joined Oct 2003
1,507 Posts
You currently need to sideload the DJI Vision App or you can download the APK to the controller from here http://m.dji.net/djivision and install it.
Chris
Old Jun 07, 2014, 07:52 AM
Addicted to Foamies
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2006
60 Posts
For those brave souls prepared to root their device here's a link from the clever chaps at the XDA fourm.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2748574

It's about the third entry down where the steps involved to gain root access are explained and once rooted you can install and gain access to the google play store.

( The above link was posted earlier in the Vision+ thread - full credit to the original poster)
GasmanR is offline Find More Posts by GasmanR
Old Jun 07, 2014, 08:00 AM
Portugal, Coimbra District, Lousã Municipality
Joined Feb 2014
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downwind3Zero View Post
You currently need to sideload the DJI Vision App or you can download the APK to the controller from here http://m.dji.net/djivision and install it.
Chris
You are telling people to install an Ios app to an Android device!! NO
jaykay2PT is offline Find More Posts by jaykay2PT
Old Jun 07, 2014, 08:13 AM
Joined Jul 2013
540 Posts
what could possibly go wrong?
DParker is offline Find More Posts by DParker
Old Jun 07, 2014, 08:36 AM
Addicted to Foamies
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2006
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay2PT View Post
No.

He is saying to install the android app.

But this can not be done through the Google Play Store.

To install it you have to download the app's apk file. Then install the apk file. Any app installed in this manner is said to be "side loaded"

Hope this helps
GasmanR is offline Find More Posts by GasmanR
Old Jun 07, 2014, 10:31 AM
It's like an addiction!
NY, Rochester
Joined Oct 2003
1,507 Posts
The procedure of sideloading is actually described and recommended by Epson in their manual (inlay sheet) included w/ the Moverio.

Here's the description from the Google Play store regarding the APK:

"Description
Notes:
If you get the message shown "Your device is not compatible" while you install the apk from google play,
you can download the apk in mobilephone browser with the url http://m.dji.net/djivision"

Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay2PT View Post
Old Jun 07, 2014, 11:00 AM
Forensic Animation/Video/Photo
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Nov 2011
581 Posts
We have posted some tips that may be helpful for new owners of the BT-200: http://visual-aerials.com/bt-200-tips.html?m
vislaw is offline Find More Posts by vislaw
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 07, 2014, 11:07 AM
It's like an addiction!
NY, Rochester
Joined Oct 2003
1,507 Posts
Great tips!
Just to clarify; is that the same APK (Mobile1 site) as the link in post #2?
Chris
Old Jun 07, 2014, 12:06 PM
Faith.Happiness.Believe.3 D
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2013
661 Posts
subscibe
flymike1 is offline Find More Posts by flymike1
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pilot Edge 107" DLE 111
Old Jun 08, 2014, 12:25 AM
Tweaker
Corona Del Mar
Joined Sep 2005
7,458 Posts
Just dialed in my Vision+, posted about it and my first impressions on it and the Moverio's in the Vision+ thread, good fun!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3383

I did have some very minor issues, had to switch WiFi off and back on when changing networks as I was flying within range of my home network and went into settings in the goggles to "forget" the home network for my testing with the Vision network.

The built-in camera is so-so and to record audio I believe you must plug in a headset with mic as there isn't a built-in mic or speaker.

The Vision app does seem to be offset to the right, leaving empty space on the left.

Here are a couple of pic's, one from a camera pointed into the eyepiece to show the look of the vision app and the other is a snap from the goggles. I didn't see any way to set the storage location or picture quality of the Camera app, VERY basic it seems.

Looking forward to enhancements to these, they are keepers!
RemE is online now Find More Posts by RemE
Old Jun 08, 2014, 07:31 AM
It's like an addiction!
NY, Rochester
Joined Oct 2003
1,507 Posts
Great stuff RemE!
Does anyone have an idea why the image is off-center? Maybe a sizing issue? I wonder if the bottom android task bar has anything to do with it.
Old Jun 08, 2014, 11:22 AM
United Kingdom, England, Bognor Regis
Joined Feb 2011
354 Posts
I was having a play with the glasses earlier, and tried out Miracast/Moverio Mirror from my Galaxy Tab 3.0, and all worked well.
I then wondered if you could make use of DJI Lightbridge app with this, to mirror the Lightbridge display to the glasses ?

Anyone lucky enough to have both ?

Also loaded Google Maps, with the upcoming Vision Waypoints app, a map cache will be needed to make use of this.
Had a play with street view, tapped the gyro icon, and the head tracker worked great, up, down, left and right :-)

Been out for a fly, 2 batteries and I am slowly getting used to it, think I may need a few more :-)

Slight bit of lag at 640x380 15fps, and the radar screen seemed very inaccurate !

Managed to work out how to take a screen grab, but not until I got home
(volume down & power off together)

Dave
Mitchy123 is offline Find More Posts by Mitchy123
Last edited by Mitchy123; Jun 08, 2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old Jun 09, 2014, 02:48 AM
Tweaker
Corona Del Mar
Joined Sep 2005
7,458 Posts
Very nice, I was pushing everything and couldn't figure the screen grab, thanks!

Regarding the Miracast, so you streamed video from your Galexy Tab to the goggles?

Do you know if the app allows one to stream what the goggles are doing out to a Miracast device? I bought a Miracast dongle that plugs into a HDMI monitor. My thought is to stream from the goggles to a 7" Black Pearl display that has an HDMI input. I haven't had a chance to tinker with it yet.

I also loaded Google Maps, a bit tough to use with the touch pad, kind of a foreshadow for working with waypoints via the goggles.

I played with the GPS and compass on the goggles and paid attention to the radar screen when flying. The model heading and position did seem to track OK when I pivoted the transmitter heading from side to side while flying.

I know with iPhones you can calibrate the compass by waving the phone around in a figure 8 but haven't seen any way to do this on the goggles.
RemE is online now Find More Posts by RemE
Old Jun 09, 2014, 03:08 AM
United Kingdom, England, Bognor Regis
Joined Feb 2011
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE View Post
Very nice, I was pushing everything and couldn't figure the screen grab, thanks!

Regarding the Miracast, so you streamed video from your Galexy Tab to the goggles?

Do you know if the app allows one to stream what the goggles are doing out to a Miracast device? I bought a Miracast dongle that plugs into a HDMI monitor. My thought is to stream from the goggles to a 7" Black Pearl display that has an HDMI input. I haven't had a chance to tinker with it yet.

I also loaded Google Maps, a bit tough to use with the touch pad, kind of a foreshadow for working with waypoints via the goggles.

I played with the GPS and compass on the goggles and paid attention to the radar screen when flying. The model heading and position did seem to track OK when I pivoted the transmitter heading from side to side while flying.

I know with iPhones you can calibrate the compass by waving the phone around in a figure 8 but haven't seen any way to do this on the goggles.

Yes, streamed Galaxy tab to the goggles

Moverio is both a Miracast Tx and Rx, but switches to Wi-Fi direct when in use, bit like a Ad-hoc network,
but it will loose the Vision network when streaming out Miracast unfortunately.

The radar screen pointer was jumping about, a bit like some lag of not knowing where the craft was pointing,
I will have to have another try later today, I never realised I used it so much

Dave
Mitchy123 is offline Find More Posts by Mitchy123