HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:13 PM
Joined Aug 2009
167 Posts
Discussion
New Cinetank Mk. I

Introducing the CineTank Mk I.

This quadcopter frame is designed and made in-house with the goal of getting you flying without the fuss. We took everything that frustrated us about all the other options out there and we engineered something better.

From our innovative vibration isolation system to our cylindrical carbon fiber mounting system, we made a product that the FPV\AP connoisseur would lust after.

FREE SHIPPING IN THE CONUS

Available at - http://flyingcinema.com/cinetank.html

FlyingCinema CineTank Mk. I (1 min 36 sec)

Assembly Manual Download Here

Features
  • No Jello or vibration in your video
  • No props in view even with GoPro Wide settings
  • Carbon Fiber Arms that provide better aerodynamics and vibration dampening
  • G10 Phenolic frame with honeycomb design to add strength and drastically reduce weight, also RF transparent for better range
  • All hardware is hex 3mm stainless steel, only one tool needed to assemble the frame
  • Wera hex driver included with every frame kit
  • Flight controller mounting holes to support cc3d, Revo, Naze32, KK2, ArduPilot and many more
  • Integrated Motor Mounts support universal 16mm x 19mm bolt pattern motors
    Motor Mounts support inverted motors for X8-Octocopter layout (in Development)
  • The dirty section (bottom) has walls to increase strength and tortional rigidity of the copter and also protects your ESCs
  • Camera plate adjust fore and aft to change CoG and help you balance your craft
  • Wires from motors can be routed via the carbon fiber tubes to protect them in the event of a crash
  • The motor mounts are designed to protect the motors and the motor wires in the event of a crash
  • Low profile landing gear pads
  • Every part will be available for replacement individually
  • The quad frame is manufactured in-house in the USA!

Recommended Power System

afinegan is offline Find More Posts by afinegan
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:14 PM
DragonLINK UHF only!!!!
Joined Feb 2011
1,220 Posts
Nice Quad,
what is innovative about this FPV quad compared to all the other "FPV" quads on the market?

Can you give me a sales pitch?
LexusFPV is offline Find More Posts by LexusFPV
Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:47 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,883 Posts
The interesting features I think I see are:
- Large diameter round crossweave carbon arms which should be very strong.
- Arms are clamped to frame and motor mounts clamped to arms instead of through bolted
like most arms. That allows for some give in some types of crashes (the mounts can rotate
taking some of the shock load off the arm), and if you do break an arm, you just
loosen the clamps, and throw a new tube in its place (have to unplug/replug the motor wires
but that should be it). This clamp together construction is something I used on my wood
tricopter to make it mostly crash proof and easily field repairable.
- Can't tell if the inner clamps are through bolted in more than one place, or if they
can swing back on a single bolt, making them move in a crash.
- Clean and dirty sides of the frame (not a new feature) but I see a clever way to keep the
clean side with all its mass (battery+cameras) from ripping the isolation mounts off
in a crash, while not impairing their ability to soak up normal vibrations.
- Dirty side has some nice cross bracing so should be more rigid and strong.
- Short feet pads integrated into the center frame instead of out on the arms. In
my own experience on my wood tricopter I found that long feet on the ends of the
arms made them more likely to break the arms in a hard vertical "landing".

Someone's going to want to mount a 2 axis gimbal on the front asap.

Just my observations. Not affiliated.
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2013, 12:15 AM
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Jul 2012
195 Posts
I really don't think I could top what Daemon said.

One of the features that gives this quad its tank-like toughness is how we interface the inner-mount with the g10 chassis. As you can see in the picture below, the mount keys into the frame. And then you run 4 screws that sandwich the frame, the clamps, frame, and landing gear all together. There are 6 standoffs in the middle of the dirty section as well for good measure, for a total of 22 fastening points that go through the dirty section.

That reminds me. We used 16mm tube so if you are in a pinch and you broke an arm you can go to the LHS and buy a tailboom for a trex 600 and make your own. Arm Replacement Template
terabyte is offline Find More Posts by terabyte
Last edited by terabyte; Dec 14, 2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 12:57 AM
Joined Jul 2012
195 Posts
Here is the template for replacement arms. Make sure your tube measures 16mm OD
Replacement Arm Template
Old Dec 14, 2013, 11:45 AM
DragonLINK UHF only!!!!
Joined Feb 2011
1,220 Posts
Thanks for the answers! Good information here.

Its either the New "FLIP" (latest) or this Cine Tank Quad for me.
I'm getting lazy reading through 1000 pages of information.
I like straight to the point answers (lazy) and I like less fix time when I crash it.
LexusFPV is offline Find More Posts by LexusFPV
Old Dec 17, 2013, 12:06 AM
Joined Jul 2012
195 Posts
International customers, we fixed our shipping rates on the site. Please come check out shipping to your country.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 02:39 AM
Joined May 2012
223 Posts
I must say this does look quite nice, and so does the price. Will you be offering an ARF package?

Are you able to provide a list of everything required to finish the motor? Props, motors, what servo extension you would typically require, etc? I find that this is a huge downfall of many websites/manufacturers - for example, on aircraft, all you need is a motor, esc, and 4 servos... neglecting all the other bits and bobs and fasteners and wires you really need to finish the system. By the time you figure all that out you've blown your budget 4x over and spent 2 months waiting for parts you have to keep adding - versus being able to see how much it will really cost to get airborne and being able to order all your parts at the same time so you can build your system as soon as all the parts arrive.
Issus is offline Find More Posts by Issus
Old Dec 18, 2013, 03:01 AM
Joined Jul 2012
195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issus View Post
I must say this does look quite nice, and so does the price. Will you be offering an ARF package?

Are you able to provide a list of everything required to finish the motor? Props, motors, what servo extension you would typically require, etc? I find that this is a huge downfall of many websites/manufacturers - for example, on aircraft, all you need is a motor, esc, and 4 servos... neglecting all the other bits and bobs and fasteners and wires you really need to finish the system. By the time you figure all that out you've blown your budget 4x over and spent 2 months waiting for parts you have to keep adding - versus being able to see how much it will really cost to get airborne and being able to order all your parts at the same time so you can build your system as soon as all the parts arrive.

Hey there Issus,

While we wont be offering this for a while to come, some of the resellers we have partnered with will be offering this service. Please check multirotorsuperstore.com and look at the accessories tab those are the exact parts we suggest.

SunnySky 2216 1250kv or Tiger 2216 1100kv
30amp ESCs running SimonK
Any flight controller will work, we personally have CineTanks with Naza, CC3D and Naze32. We will be posting PIDs for all of them soon.
The sport battery option would be 4s 3000-3300 and the long flight time option would be 4s 4000-4200.

8x4.5 props are what i like 9x4.5 props are what bllama likes, both fly awesome. If you like graupners go right to the 9x4.5 the 8 inchers wont have the pop we like.

So wont need any servo extensions but you will need to know how to solder. Stay tuned for a series of videos where we show every build step from the ground up.
http://www.youtube.com/user/flyingcine

We include all the hardware you need to build it, a few extra of every component, and even a Wera hex driver
Last edited by terabyte; Dec 18, 2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 03:27 AM
Joined May 2012
223 Posts
Any idea if it will take a 5800mah 4s? This is what I fly my quads on at the moment (usually two in parallel.)

What is the flight time of the 4s 4000mah?

Do you have the all up weight?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 10:45 AM
Joined Jul 2012
195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issus View Post
Any idea if it will take a 5800mah 4s? This is what I fly my quads on at the moment (usually two in parallel.)

What is the flight time of the 4s 4000mah?

Do you have the all up weight?
It would take a little "massaging" but we can guide you on how to fit your batteries. Can you get me some dimensions and weight so I can think about it.

I have gotten 10 min hovering with a 4s 3300 and consumed only 2700mah. AUW was 1400grams with that battery.
Last edited by terabyte; Dec 18, 2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 08:13 PM
Joined May 2012
223 Posts
I have one of these left functioning:
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...arehouse_.html
Weight: 569g (including wire, plug & case)
Dimensions: 162x46x34mm

and 3 of these (one getting puffed):
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...arehouse_.html
Weight: 568g (including wire, plug & case)
Dimensions: 145x50x38mm
Old Dec 19, 2013, 05:24 PM
Joined Jul 2012
195 Posts
Over the next week or so we will be working on a series of detailed build videos, if there is something in particular that you guys would like to see please post up and let us know. We hope you enjoy this introductory video.

CineTank MkI Kit (7 min 18 sec)
Old Dec 20, 2013, 11:15 PM
Joined Jul 2012
195 Posts
I finally had enough down time to weight the frame, 478.14 grams with hardware.
Last edited by terabyte; Dec 21, 2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 09:38 PM
Joined Jul 2012
195 Posts
You guys asked us for flight videos and we listened.
Cool Morning (4 min 59 sec)