HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:56 PM
United States, CA, Industry
Joined Jan 2011
592 Posts
New Product
Nitroplanes.com Airfield Blazer 1280mm

Take a look at our newest Airfield Blazer Trainer! The Blazer is perfect for any beginner. One really awesome feature about the Airfield Blazer is the dual wing choices included in the package. One set of wings has a flat profile allowing for livelier sport flying. The other set of wings has slight dihedral and air foiled wing tips that allows for precision slow speed flying and exceptional stall characteristics. This feature allows the plane to be configured and tuned to suit different skill levels of flight. The wings can be swapped out in a matter of minutes. No gluing or rubber bands required.

Specifications:
Wing Span:
1.Trainer version: 1280mm/50.40in;
2.Sport version: 1200mm/47.25in
Length: 942mm/37.09in
Weight: 1152g
Thrust rate: 1:1
Propeller:12x8

Configuration:
Motor: Outrunner Brushless 3511 KV750
Battery: LI-PO 11.1V,2200mAh 20C
ESC: 30A Brushless Outrunner ESC
Servo: 9g*4
R/C System: 2.4Ghz 4ch E401 radio
Lipo charger:1pc
Balancer:1pc

Required to Fly:
AA Batteries for the Transmitter
Assembly of plane

Get it here:

RTF:http://www.nitroplanes.com/95a283-bl...e-rtf-24g.html
Nitro_Nancy is offline Find More Posts by Nitro_Nancy
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:15 AM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
4,601 Posts
And spare parts availability is?..........

If Nitroplanes ever gets serious about quality construction, customer service, guaranteed parts availability for every part of every plane, and honesty in advertising, where every plane is not ideal for the beginner and expert, THEN after a number of years sticking to that commitment and building some customer credibility, I'm on board.

But that's not the situation today. And I'm not on board.
Rockin Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:19 PM
Joined Jan 2013
219 Posts
I thought I posted this question yesterday but do not see it. Will the Blazer be available as a PNF. Looks like a fun relaxing flyer and should be a good camera platform.
daughtry50 is offline Find More Posts by daughtry50
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:28 PM
No place like cloud base......
United States, VT
Joined Aug 2012
444 Posts
This is an advertisement, however cleverly disguised. There is a better place to put this.
SuperBarlow is online now Find More Posts by SuperBarlow
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:44 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBarlow View Post
This is an advertisement, however cleverly disguised. There is a better place to put this.
I don't think it's disguised at all, it's obviously an ad. Not necessarily a bad thing though.

Back to the plane, it looks nice but I would have to see a video of it to judge how it really flies.
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:29 AM
Joined Jan 2013
219 Posts
You can go to youtube and search Airfield Blazer Trainer. There are two videos of this same plane, one with the sport wing and one with the trainer wing. The videos are two or three down on the list. This appears to be the same plane. It also appears to fly very well, especially the sport version. I am also waiting for a video on NP site and would like to know if it will be offered as a PNP.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:09 PM
The high desert of Southern California
Joined Jul 2002
1,227 Posts
Now I may be wrong here, but the nose wheel spring looks like it is backwards? Should the wheel trail the spring?

Buzz.
blvdbuzzard is offline Find More Posts by blvdbuzzard
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:56 PM
Joined Jan 2013
219 Posts
I've seen nosewheels set up both ways. It should work OK either way. I admit that I like the sort of backwards look.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:56 PM
Joined Jan 2013
219 Posts
Blazer

I ordered the Blazer and received it in 4 days. I unboxed it and so far I am impressed, especially at the price I paid. I should be able to fly it this week-end. I will post a mini-review here.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:00 PM
Joined Jan 2013
219 Posts
Nitro Planes Blazer Trainer

I maidened the Blazer this past week-end. We got lucky and had some pretty good weather on Sunday. I un-boxed the Blazer and had it ready to fly in about an hour. I used my own Transmitter and Receiver (a Turnigy 6T with an orange rx). The first flight went well. The plane has good power and lifted off easily after a 100 foot run up. I flew with the Trainer wing first. Very stable in flight and more responsive to control inputs than I though it would be. In all, I flew the plane twice with the trainer wing and twice with the sport wing. Changing to the sport wing makes the plane a little more responsive to control input and it is a little faster with that wing.

Pros- Good Price, easy to assemble, clever way to attach the wing. No hardware to attach rudder and elevator, held in place by compression and magnets, good plane as a trainer and as a fun relaxing flyer, nice looking plane.

Cons- Battery hatch is too small, awkward to get battery in and connected.

Minor gripes- Landing gear and wheels really noisy on grass runway, no servos in sport wing, wing and elevator and rudder are easy to attach but will the attachment methods hold up over time and many flights.

Overall- Nice looking, good flying plane at a good price.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:28 PM
rrg
USA, KY, Edgewood
Joined Dec 2007
1,275 Posts
The whole plane sits kinda high.....
rrg is offline Find More Posts by rrg
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:08 PM
Joined Jan 2013
219 Posts
It does sit high, that is one of the reason I wanted it. Makes a good camera platform. Also, a plane on tall gear handles better on the ground and I think it is easier to land with tall gear.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 02:21 PM
Comin' in HOT!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Dec 2012
2,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrg View Post
The whole plane sits kinda high.....
I think thats the point for a beginner. Beginners dont use paved runways. They use the grass or dirt field next to their house.
tdford is offline Find More Posts by tdford
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-18 v2
Old Mar 10, 2013, 06:38 PM
Joined Jan 2013
219 Posts
Warning, Warning, Warning!!

I was enjoying the Blazer this week-end. This is really a fun flyer, especially with the sport wing. If only the wing would stay on. On my third flight of the day and at a point where the plane was in LEVEL flight, the wing came off. Off course the fuse came down like a lawn dart. On the plus side, there wasn't as much damage as you might think. On the minus side, the wing came off because the plastic dowels in the wing came unglued. Upon closer inspection, it appears that there wasn't much glue placed at the factory on this critical area. If you have a Blazer, be sure and test the plastic inserts for the wing dowels. To be safe, I would pop these off and re-glue them using epoxy. Better yet, I would replace them with the correct sized wooden dowels, glued into the wing. The photo isn't great but you can see where both of the dowels have pulled out, this is what the wing looked like when we picked it up off the field. The fuse wasn't damaged too badly but the nose gear is broken and the motor shaft is bent.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 09:48 PM
The high desert of Southern California
Joined Jul 2002
1,227 Posts
Well considering what it just went through, it looks pretty good. Looks like a Timex watch. I would say a little glue and you are back in the air.

Buzz.
blvdbuzzard is offline Find More Posts by blvdbuzzard