SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:27 PM
United States, NC, Rocky Mt
Joined Oct 2003
1,110 Posts
Just maiden my today great plane. Can anyone please tell what your up and down throws are on your elevators. I seem to get more down throw than up throw no matter what I do on my elevators. Meaning when I pull back on the stick she barely climbs yet it is neutral in the trim center postion as it should.
P-51 flyby is online now Find More Posts by P-51 flyby
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:30 AM
Comin' in HOT!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Dec 2012
2,259 Posts
I'm opposite, I have more up then down. So I have no problems climbing (or stalling lol).

If radio and servo horn settings are all neutral like you say, then try offsetting the horn to give more up throw and readjust radio??
tdford is offline Find More Posts by tdford
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-18 v2
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:37 PM
Willmar, Minnesota, United States
Joined Sep 2004
160 Posts
I noticed this same question on another post
I'm still not sure I understand your question.. are you saying your elevators physically move more from center to full down than they physically move from center to full up?

OR

do you mean when you are flying along and pull the elevator stick up, the airplane does not climb very well?
(if the latter is your issue, the airplane is likely nose heavy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51 flyby View Post
Just maiden my today great plane. Can anyone please tell what your up and down throws are on your elevators. I seem to get more down throw than up throw no matter what I do on my elevators. Meaning when I pull back on the stick she barely climbs yet it is neutral in the trim center postion as it should.
Jim Buzzeo is offline Find More Posts by Jim Buzzeo
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:09 PM
Joined Oct 2003
1,110 Posts
I mean no matter what hole combo I try on this bird when on the ground or in the air I get almost an inch more of down throw than up throw and it moves free by hand when not connected on all my mustangs....or other planes for that matter I can if I wanted too that is...yank bank on the stick during landing and balloon this plane on the other hand seems to with 10 percent or less of power on final drop the nose and ive got the right stick all the back....this bird is bitcher to land than any of my 5 mustangs.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:28 PM
The wind caused that!!
United States, OK, Poteau
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
first thing i would check for is servos binding. i would bet the servo arm is off center.
hoghead5150 is offline Find More Posts by hoghead5150
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:04 AM
Willmar, Minnesota, United States
Joined Sep 2004
160 Posts
yup. do this with the airplane in the shop, FIRST (for safety) REMOVE THE PROP.
next, do whatever you need to do to be able to SEE the elevator servo arm.
make sure (with the radio powered up) and the elevator stick at neutral, that the servo arm is at 90 degrees in relation to the servo (the servo arm should be pointed perpendicular to the servo itself, not pointing more forward or more rearward)
if it's not at 90 degrees, then make it 90 degrees and adjust the pushrod so the elevator surface is in it's original position. (this is very likely the issue)

assuming this did not fix the problem: move the elevator stick UP and check that the pushrod does not bend / flex. if it does, fix it so it doesn't (eliminate any binding, support the pushrod midway)
to get the MAXIMUM travel possible: attach the pushrod at the servo to the OUTERMOST hole, attach it to the elevator surface to the INNERMOST hole (the hole closest to the elevator itself)

now you should have the same amount of throw on the elevator.

I'm going to assume your radio does not support 'adjustable servo travel' (the ability to set the amount the servo travels from center to end point in either direction)
if it DOES support that, you should be able to program the transmitter to move more for the same elevator stick 'up' input. (but I don't think that's the issue)

if you still don't have 'enough' up elevator to flare for landing, the airplane may be nose heavy.
check / confirm the Center of Gravity (CG)

Hope that helps
Jim Buzzeo is offline Find More Posts by Jim Buzzeo
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:26 PM
Joined Oct 2003
1,110 Posts
Ah on all my birds never had this one before...the rod was flexing...actually getting hung up on the cheap decals that are coming off...as I would pull back the sticker peeling up near exit of pushrod would get caught on the rod and when I pushed down it would push away from said decal...funny how I spent about an hour doing all the other stuff suggested at the field the other day and its always the simple crap that bites you.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 06:40 PM
H.D. Video and Photo Aviation
United States, NV, Carson City
Joined Mar 2012
115 Posts
Kemy yes i know its old

I have a G-Kemy FMS and it flies darn good for a foam chinese pos. Does what ever I ask as long as you land on a perfect runway and go easy on the nose wheel you will be fine. I blew my nose wheel right off really a crummy setup on that. So I just saw the link someone put up and I will slap in the good stuff. Great plane to train some newbee on although I like my nitro 60 size trainer better sometimes its easier to lug this cheapo.
koss1000 is offline Find More Posts by koss1000
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Candid Sky Productions for 2015