HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:42 AM
Foam is good.
Tucker, GA
Joined Dec 2007
2,406 Posts
Put him in a hover and flip the switch! Kinda like teaching someone to swim by throwing them in.... Kidding.

How much for the new crack yak?
HomeDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HomeDaddy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 03:14 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,353 Posts
I just gave him the remote and plane and told him to have fun. Its hard to hurt that plane.

The new crack yak lite is the same price but the electronics are a little more expensive due to light weight digi servos
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:04 PM
Foam is good.
Tucker, GA
Joined Dec 2007
2,406 Posts
Man. Foamies are too expensive. I'm still flying a Flash. They were cool like five years ago. Glad to see American made planes but sheesh. I think about 80 bucks is more than fair for foam. I'd even pay 85!
HomeDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HomeDaddy
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:01 PM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Sep 2012
325 Posts
Hey, I agree that the foamies sound like a lot of money, but Korey's 3D EPP was a lot of fun, very floaty and agile, and seemingly indestructible compared to all the other foam I've managed to destroy...

I didn't realize they made EPP pattern models until recently and think the EOT Models Strega might make it onto my Christmas list.

You flying at Noonday tomorrow Korey?
justinlee1 is offline Find More Posts by justinlee1
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:44 PM
Thermal Seeker
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Feb 2011
4,541 Posts
Hobby king has some decent epp 3d planes from the us warehouse. Check it out.
electrich is online now Find More Posts by electrich
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:48 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinlee1 View Post
Hey, I agree that the foamies sound like a lot of money, but Korey's 3D EPP was a lot of fun, very floaty and agile, and seemingly indestructible compared to all the other foam I've managed to destroy...

I didn't realize they made EPP pattern models until recently and think the EOT Models Strega might make it onto my Christmas list.

You flying at Noonday tomorrow Korey?
i doubt it, had a 23 hour day today so i am beat and i have to work tomorrow (working 10days in a row). I think craig and randy are going to head up to JJ Biello if your looking to fly in the morning.

Never heard of that model have a link?
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:39 AM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Sep 2012
325 Posts
Ugh, sorry you've been working such long hours... Here's the link to the EOT Strega: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1543381

I'll have a look at the Hobbyking models. Speaking of which, are most of their ARF models Spektrum compatible, or do you buy Orange receivers from them if you plan on using a Spektrum transmitter?
justinlee1 is offline Find More Posts by justinlee1
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:13 AM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,805 Posts
Orange receivers work fine for simple foamies. I don't know that they have any ARF Spektrum models. Most of their planes are also not the best deal, however some of their EPP foamies are well priced. For example, I priced out the 48" Yak I believe it is and another 36" or so one delivered from the USA warehouse at right around $100. Can't beat that.
rpstar is online now Find More Posts by rpstar
Old Nov 04, 2012, 12:45 PM
Thermal Seeker
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Feb 2011
4,541 Posts
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=26475

It's looks like a durable 3d trainer that you can get in the air for under a hundred bucks.
electrich is online now Find More Posts by electrich
Old Nov 04, 2012, 01:56 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,821 Posts
I want another 32 inch epp but i hate building em, this one got from home daddy got lots use out of it but needs replaced
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc