SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 10, 2010, 07:23 AM
Choice Bro!
Melbourne-Australia
Joined Apr 2007
152 Posts
Discussion
Nitro ARX-540 for sale in Melbourne

The sad time has come to let go of my ARX-540.

This is a first generation bike which I bought in kit form and built up with a brushless 2S set-up. AR Modelling replaced one fork lower legs (due to the chrome wearing off) and my gyro gear set (premature wear as they did not originally come with bearings) under warranty, I should have had the other fork leg replaced as it's since lost a bit of chrome although this doesn't noticeably affect performance.

I installed the nitro conversion kit along with the HPI G3.0 pull start in March last year, wasn't happy with the throttle linkage setup so ordered some linkage parts and put the bike on the shelf. I then discovered 1:1 4WDing and began to devote more time and cash to the new hobby hence the bike hasn't been touched since. I have run the engine for around 100ml of 25% nitro both idling and with some light revving so basically once the throttle linkage is sorted and assembly is finished the run in can be continued with the wheels on the ground. I made up a receiver pack from 5 900 mAh AAA batteries which hasn't been charged for over a year but should be ok with a couple of cycles. I have also installed a throttle return spring in the shape of a spring wrapping around the frame spacer (seen in the pics with a piece of green garden hose around it), this works well so should prevent runaways.

I will initially be listing the bike with no radio gear or servos although can supply servos, Spektrum Rx or even the stock 2.4 GHz radio from my DX 450 at an additional cost. The bike will include numerous spares both new and used as I will list below. I should also mention that the rear tyre on the bike is unused and there is another new spare. The dodgy looking yellow air filter was only used for testing, I have a new Motor saver filter which will look much tidier.

Overall condition of the bike is good, I have replaced a number of bearings (wheels and layshaft from memory) although there is some pretty standard scratches from use, I've included a picture of the worst scratch which is on the swing arm. All parts will be included (except motor pinion) to convert back to brushless.

I have listed parts prices as taken from the AR Modelling site less tax then converted to AUD, I paid significantly more thanks to the exchange rate.

The bike kit (roller kit) $740
Nitro conversion kit $171
HPI G 3.0 engine $100

New spares:

X-037 Steering connector rods $14 x 3 $42
X-045 Body (unpainted) $58
X-008 Rear tyre $26
X-025 Spur gear $10
X-005 Rear sprocket $17
X-031 Gyro gear set $34
X-007 Handlebar $17
X-023 Front sprocket $15
X-048 Chain $14
X-121 Nitro brake shoe/pad $10
Motor saver filter $14
Deans micro plugs x 2 pairs $5
OFNA linkage kit $10

Used spares:

Rear tyre, about 70% tread with some tread damage
9T front sprocket
Fork tube missing some chrome
Original pull start handle from G 3.0 as a smaller handle was fitted
Handlebars
Parts to convert back to brushless except motor pinion

Original rider doll will be included as will documentation and original box.

Value of everything over $1300 even at our fantastic current exchange rate, I'm chasing $700 plus postage, will only ship within Australia sorry.

nzdans is offline Find More Posts by nzdans
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2010, 07:34 PM
Choice Bro!
Melbourne-Australia
Joined Apr 2007
152 Posts
Bike is now sold.
nzdans is offline Find More Posts by nzdans