HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:06 PM
United States, NH, New Boston
Joined Jun 2012
84 Posts
I have never had any problems with the local post office where I live. I get orders all the time through e-bay and Amazon. Never had problem one until RCtimer.
chipsterflysome is offline Find More Posts by chipsterflysome
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:13 PM
Joined Jun 2008
41 Posts
rctimer is fantastic

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share some thoughts on rctimer; I've been a regular and loyal customer for well over 6 months and will continue to be. I have had a couple problems with receiving a defective product but Nina from rctimer was very helpful and all my concerns were more than fully satisfied. I did get a little upset with them as their communication could improve but in all fairness I was probably more impatient then rctimer not responding as quickly as I had wished. Also to be fair one of my replacement products was shipped out but took almost seven weeks to arrive; not their fault in the least. So be patient as rctimer will make sure you receive your shipment. Most of us should be accustomed to waiting just as we all must do in dealing with flight controllers and other open source technologies.
So to keep from rambling on and on, rctimer is a great and honest manufacturer/reseller, I have yet to see anyone that has better flight controllers and multirotor accessories for the money then them, plus their warranty policies can be slow but they will resolve it and keep you coming back. I am really happy with their products especially their motors, esc, AIO Pro, GPS, etc. I LOVE my AIO Pro and I am really looking forward to simonk escs from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsterflysome View Post
I ordered a motor from RCtimer about 2 months ago. I complained after 1 month went by without receiving my motor. After e-mailing Nina many times they shipped another over a month ago. Bottom line...still no motor. In the mean time I have received many orders from HobbyKing.

Tried to put a complaint in with PayPal but they will do nothing if the order is over 45 days. That's it for me with RCtimer.
jtpile is offline Find More Posts by jtpile
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:31 PM
Joined Jun 2012
84 Posts
Well jtpile, maybe you could suggest what I need to do in order to receive my motor. My last e-mail to Nina went unanswered. As far as I am concerned I wouldn't brag about their customer service.

I just received another order in the mean time from Australia.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:04 PM
Joined Jun 2008
41 Posts
rctimer

Hi chipterflysome,

I'm not necessarily bragging about their customer service but I honestly believe patience will prevail; I know it's not necessarily the best response but they will make good on their warranty or ordering problems.
They do seem to be quicker recently in communicating with me so don't give up and try to be fair as they can't control the postal services and customs. Like I said before I nearly lost my patience with them when a replacement multiwii SE controller took seven weeks to arrive but I seriously doubt it was their fault as I have had orders arrive from them in two weeks from Shenzhen to Orlando, Florida. The controller finally arrived and I seriously doubt it took so excruciating long because of rctimer, probably customs or our crappy postal system. No one can touch rctimer's prices and their new ublox gps receiver with EPROM is awesome!
Good luck!

Quote:
Well jtpile, maybe you could suggest what I need to do in order to receive my motor. My last e-mail to Nina went unanswered. As far as I am concerned I wouldn't brag about their customer service.

I just received another order in the mean time from Australia.
Last edited by jtpile; Oct 07, 2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: wrong verbage
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:11 PM
Joined Jun 2008
41 Posts
rctimer

Try sales@rctimer.com

-cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtpile View Post
Hi chipterflysome,

I'm not necessarily bragging about their customer service but I honestly believe patience will prevail; I know it's not necessarily the best response but they will make good on their warranty or ordering problems.
They do seem to be quicker recently in communicating with me so don't give up and try to be fair as they can't control the postal services and customs. Like I said before I nearly lost my patience with them when a replacement multiwii SE controller took seven weeks to arrive but I seriously doubt it was their fault as I have had orders arrive from them in two weeks from Shenzhen to Orlando, Florida. The controller finally arrived and I seriously doubt it took so excruciating long because of customs or are crappy postal system. No one can touch rctimer's prices and their new ublox gps receiver with EPROM is awesome!
Good luck!
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:50 PM
Joined Dec 2010
180 Posts
I have placed many orders with RCTimer.com, never had any problem, pretty fast delivery. But my last order is 2 months ago and it still hasn't arrived. I have send a few emails and on the first mail I got a response if I wanted to wait one more week, after that they would resend my order. I waited a week but no package! I send a mail to RCTimer, but after a week wait no response. Another mail but stil no response. I have now send 5 mails, but they don't respond anymore! Very strange, I hope that anybody of RCTimer reads this and responds to my mail. I want to order more items but I really won't until anyone answers my mails!
rvbcrs is offline Find More Posts by rvbcrs
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:58 PM
Joined Jun 2012
84 Posts
Join the club...They stopped responding to my e-mails also.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:04 PM
Joined Jun 2012
84 Posts
Just a warning. You only have 60 days from date of purchase to file a complaint with Paypal or your credit card company.

Another warning. Hobbyregion.com another Chinese supplier never shipped or replied to my e-mails even though I paid immediately through Paypal. I did get in a complaint to Paypal in time.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:12 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,842 Posts
Quote:
Just a warning. You only have 60 days from date of purchase to file a complaint with Paypal or your credit card company.

Another warning. Hobbyregion.com another Chinese supplier never shipped or replied to my e-mails even though I paid immediately through Paypal. I did get in a complaint to Paypal in time.
60???

Try 45 days.

https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/ma...486&isSrch=Yes

Oh. and I'm also in that "Ignore" club as well.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:17 PM
Joined Jun 2012
84 Posts
Sorry your in the club and sorry about the 60 days I said with Paypal. You are correct Paypal is 45 days, American Express is 60 days.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:45 AM
Joined Dec 2010
180 Posts
Hmm strange, they seemed to respond about a month ago.. I have another order at them which is a big one! I do hope they send the stuff correctly! My missing order is from more then 45 days to so I can't open a paypal dispute!
Old Oct 20, 2012, 05:20 PM
Joined Jun 2012
84 Posts
Well, I finally got an e-mail from Nina at RCTimer. She said that they would include the motor I never received if I put in another order. I'd love to do business with them but I am a little gun shy.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:06 AM
Lost in the wind
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jun 2012
205 Posts
Quote:
Well, I finally got an e-mail from Nina at RCTimer. She said that they would include the motor I never received if I put in another order. I'd love to do business with them but I am a little gun shy.
So you have to order a second order to get your first order? You are much more understanding then me.

KS
ksrimoungchanh is offline Find More Posts by ksrimoungchanh
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:11 AM
Joined Dec 2010
180 Posts
I too did have contact with Nina! She said many orders have been lost in July, they had to send many orders out again! So she asked me if I wanted to wait with resending when I ordered something else. As I wanted to order something else it was no problem, but I really hope it will arrive this time because my order is much more expensive then the one that was lost!
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:32 AM
SUPERB RC CRASH MASTER
Houston, Texas USA
Joined Aug 2004
987 Posts
Where are you, Nina? Why don't you help these people. Please reply Nina!

A while back you visited this thread regularly, always helping people with their orders.

There are 10 times more people that monitor this thread than those who have actually ordered from you.

Seems a shame to lose most of your prospective business customers because of RC Timer Customer Service non-participation on this thread anymore
rc crashburn is offline Find More Posts by rc crashburn