HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:39 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
PotShot, that is well said.

Another 6 minutes of floating in the prop wash, under control. Awesome!!

I have the Bug on my flight list for tomorrow, weather permitting.

Tim
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2012, 08:13 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,145 Posts
Yahoo, that makes me wish I could get my Blade 450 in the air again. There is one part (tail rotor pitch control slider) that has been on back-order for 6 months now. They just came out with a new flybarless model, so who knows how much support they are committed to on the old one.

The glue worked it's magic and the Mustang was back in the air today. How did that throttle to elevator mix work out on your Bug?
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:32 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Here's your part, I think, http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CDEQ8wIwAw

I like the mix. I shot video of the Bug yesterday. I will finish it in a little while.

Meanwhile here is a heli flight from yesterday..

TRExi 19Feb12.wmv (4 min 51 sec)
Old Feb 21, 2012, 07:38 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Here is the promised Bug Video. I took out my TRExi with its new head all was not right. I am going to have to recheck the pitch at 50%. I think it will show to be negative. Another lesson learned

Bug3 19Feb12.wmv (3 min 45 sec)
Old Feb 22, 2012, 08:45 PM
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,145 Posts
Very nice flying, Tim. I can see that you have that bird figured out and can make it go where you want. That video shows your flying skills more than the other ones I have watched. Was that a 3S battery? What size of 3S do you use.

That is indeed the part I need for the helicopter. My main supplier and a few other stores I checked out is out of stock, and also the distributor, Horizon Hobby has had them back ordered for a long time. What is this "Google shopping" all about? Do you end up making the transaction through Google, or is it just a way of finding things?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 05:31 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Thanks Doug. That is a 3S battery, I use GensAce 3S450mah25C, http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-450-3s1p.html.

Google shopping lets you put in a name or part number and google will search for it and give you options. As I am 3 to 6 hours from a hobby shop, or much of any thing else, I shop a lot online.

http://www.redrockethobbies.com/Blad...tm?Click=30985 Stock

http://www.heliproz.com/prodinfo.asp?number=148468 aluminum

http://www.atlantahobby.com/Store/pc...-787p15954.htm Stock ,but out of stock. It indicates that they are due on the 20th of March.

I have dealt with RedRocket happily. Good luck
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:32 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
a new video,

Bug3 24Feb12.wmv (3 min 55 sec)
Old Mar 08, 2012, 09:00 AM
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,145 Posts
Lately I've been trying out some on board video with the Radian Pro. I still fly the Bug almost every day at least one battery. The other day I clipped a tree and ripped the wing a bit, and managed to recover before it hit the ground and keep on going. I didn't notice the 6" rip until the end of the flight. Easy fix. It would have been nice to get a video of that.

Here is a video (not one of mine) that is absolutely amazing. Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=xDtqUg8R6Jw
Old Mar 09, 2012, 12:23 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Sweet video.

I have been chasing bugs in my heli. Hopefully I will get to fly some this afternoon. and weekend.
Old Mar 09, 2012, 11:07 PM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,706 Posts
Been absent from this thread for a while but I still fly my bug, I braught it with me on my vacation to Gatlinburg TN this past week..here is some vids! I had great fun but my bug is near death after the playgroud vid so i'll be ordering a new one asap!!

BUG@Waterfall (5 min 30 sec)

BUG@TheRiver (2 min 51 sec)

BUG@CadesCove (2 min 44 sec)

BUG@TheCabin.MP4 (8 min 2 sec)

BUG In The Bedroom (5 min 34 sec)

BUG@Playground (5 min 51 sec)
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:59 AM
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,145 Posts
Great stuff Jake. My favorite one was The River. What battery and prop are you using? One of the things that inspired me to get this plane was watching a couple of your videos. Do you also fly regular aileron-type 3D planes? I am curious to know what it would be like flying one of them, compared to the Bug.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 03:43 PM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,706 Posts
The setup is all stock from lightflite. 3s 500mah blulipo batt and gws 10x6HD prop. The perfect outdoor setup the power is balistic!! 2s 450 for indoor with the same prop.

The bug is an awesome fun fly and 3d plane but compared to a real 3D plane like a profile 3D slab there is no comparison. The bug can't really knife edge and is somewhat limited with the kind of maneuvers it can do because it only has elevons. If you want to try a real 3D plane get a value hobby sabre or spaz cap. Check out the rest of my YouTube channel for sabre vids! And I'm glad I could bring you to the dark side.... I mean the bug
Old Mar 10, 2012, 03:56 PM
USA, MO, O'Fallon
Joined Dec 2003
2,088 Posts
If I can get mine going fast on a calm day it will knife edge. It is ugly, but there is enough rudder throw to 'make it happen'. It does have a habit of rolling out if I am not 'on top of it'.
martimer is offline Find More Posts by martimer
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:14 PM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,706 Posts
It can hold a high slip with little problem but not true ke. Not enough fuse and way too much wing.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 09:02 PM
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,145 Posts
It is obvious that in the last 2 videos, you were determined to put it to a final state of rest so you would have an excuse to buy a new one. What I am wondering is... why do you want a new one? There must be something it can do that the other planes cannot. What exactly is it that makes this plane so special?