HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2014, 01:33 PM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
on a boat on the river cam
Joined Jan 2005
617 Posts
I made up my mind a couple of weeks ago, the Airarms S400 is up for sale in one of the local gun shops.

It was too easy to hit the target with, and too pretty to worry about dinging up.
Its up for a lot, but the shop say it's in such good condition that it should go reasonably quickly.

In the meantime I bought a brand new Hatsan AT44-10 Tactical, in .22.

First thing, sling the included bipod as far as you can, its a couple of bits of plastic that are supposed to spring open and clamp on the Picatinny rail, it does after a fashion, until you actually try and aim the gun, then it slips off and

First session messed up.

Went online to get an adaptor so I could fit my Harris bipod, but found an adapter and bipod for 20 on ebay, it's not great, but it does the job and saves me taking the Harris off the Brocock.

Fitted a moderator, took it to the range, it was all over the place, then after filling the cylinder, it started to hiss and dumped all its air .

Brought it back to the club today, tried tro charge it up, air just blew straight out.

Took the cylinder off, checked the valve, tried to fill it off the gun, hiss........

At which point another club member called out "Is that a Hatsan?"

"Yes"

"Wind the cylinder in as tight as you can, pull the cocking lever back all the way, put the air in".

So, I gave it a go and low and behold it filled.

"How did you know that?"

"Mine did exactly the same thing a week after I bought it, it's worked great ever since."

I took the moderator off and was hitting an inch diameter spinner at 25meters every time and the 35 meter more often than not.

Once I got the drop worked out, I was reasonable at 50 meters as well, I hit a bottle top hanging from a string at 50 meter a few times.
Punkie is offline Find More Posts by Punkie
Old Nov 16, 2014, 04:58 PM
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Joined Nov 2006
1,468 Posts
I just read last night of a PCP that required being cocked to accept a fill. I can understand why. Glad to hear you are getting it sorted .
56S is offline Find More Posts by 56S
Old Nov 17, 2014, 01:20 PM
Beware the Axis of Weasel.
Plymouth, Devon
Joined May 2007
2,469 Posts
Damn you guys, like I really needed another hobby on top of photography and rc. Just got back from town with a cheapo green-gas powered Ruger, so far put about 50 shots through it and love it! I used to shoot a .22 BSA Meteor (still in the loft with a broken cocking arm and clogged barrel from when my cousin knackered it) and a springer .177 pistol - not sure what it was, I used to "borrow" it from my brother when he was out - and it's taken me straight back to being a kid, plinking tin cans in the garden.

This is the gun I bought, http://www.pullthetrigger.co.uk/epag...on=ViewProduct, and it's actually pretty good for the money. Too dark to dial in the sights (the main reason I chose this gun is the adjustable rear sights) or the hop-up, but I can hit a can at 7m pretty much every time already.

Not a proper air pistol by any means, but cheap and good enough for me to see if shooting does still appeal. Powerful too for what it is, it sends a 0.2g bb straight through an empty beer can.

Now to teach my daughter gun safety and how to shoot, fun fun fun
thewildweasel is offline Find More Posts by thewildweasel
Old Nov 17, 2014, 01:37 PM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
on a boat on the river cam
Joined Jan 2005
617 Posts
Airsoft, good fun, I have a few.
Punkie is offline Find More Posts by Punkie