HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 09, 2002, 10:15 PM
7up
,ɯǝ ʇoƃ ɐʎ ɟı ,ɯǝ ǝʞoɯs
USA, KY, West Liberty
Joined Jun 2001
1,154 Posts
Simulator with Wingo/Soarstar

Is there any simulators or add-ons to any simulators that emulate the Soarstar/Wingo?????
7up is offline Find More Posts by 7up
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2002, 10:45 PM
USA
Joined Oct 2001
5,163 Posts
There is a Wingo for FMS. Flies a bit slow, but is fun.
Mr.RC-CAM is offline Find More Posts by Mr.RC-CAM
Old Jun 09, 2002, 10:45 PM
Chemically Corrected
San Diego, Ca
Joined Apr 2001
682 Posts
Go to http://n.ethz.ch/student/mmoeller/fms/index_e.html
and dl FMS it is free and pretty good. Then go to
http://www.aeromodelisme.org/simulat...s/?page=avions
and dl the Wingo model. The model page is in french, but you will see the pic of the Wingo and click on it to dl.
Grapeape is offline Find More Posts by Grapeape
Old Jun 09, 2002, 11:11 PM
Chemically Corrected
San Diego, Ca
Joined Apr 2001
682 Posts
The Wingo addon will not loop. Open the wingo.par file in the FMS/models directory with wordpad or whatever and change the beginning of the second line from 2.5 to at least 3.0. This is the speed setting and at 3.0 it will loop after a bit of a dive. You can make it ballistic if you want to but 3.0 looks to be about right for realism, although I have never flown a Wingo.
Grapeape is offline Find More Posts by Grapeape
Old Jun 10, 2002, 09:52 AM
USA
Joined Oct 2001
5,163 Posts
Thanks for the wingo.par tip. I found that 4.0 was a good value to emulate the speed and climb of a SoarStar.

What do I edit in the .par to put the Rudder onto my Tx's aileron stick? I do not want to do it in the Joystick mapping/cal setup area since that will change all my other models. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jun 10, 2002, 06:28 PM
7up
,ɯǝ ʇoƃ ɐʎ ɟı ,ɯǝ ǝʞoɯs
USA, KY, West Liberty
Joined Jun 2001
1,154 Posts
Thanks for all the help, I have FMS but I didn't know that add-on planes were available......... TNX Again....
7up is offline Find More Posts by 7up
Old Jun 11, 2002, 05:25 AM
(aka Cliff Lawson)
United Kingdom, Essex
Joined Oct 2001
1,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.RC-CAM
What do I edit in the .par to put the Rudder onto my Tx's aileron stick? I do not want to do it in the Joystick mapping/cal setup area since that will change all my other models. Any help would be appreciated.
The 5th line down in a .PAR file is the amount of deflection for the ailerons. If you set this to 0 and the two values above (line 3 = rudder and line 4 = elevator) are non 0 then you should find you have rudder-only control.

Cliff
Wright Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Wright Flyer
Old Jun 11, 2002, 02:58 PM
Dayton, OH
Joined Apr 2002
109 Posts
Cockpit Master Backyard Edition

Cockpit Master Backyard Edition has the Soarstar.

http://www.cockpitmaster.com/

If you buy the tx cable, you can hook many radios to it, though it only supports Win 98 or lower and uses the parallel port.

It runs about $50 all told, but I recommend it.

Both I and my daughter taught ourselves to fly (a Merlin) using the various models in CM BE.

I know a lot of people are dedicated to FMS since its free, but CM is a pretty good value compared to other computer games.

GB
Ghostbear is offline Find More Posts by Ghostbear
Old Jun 11, 2002, 03:23 PM
USA
Joined Oct 2001
5,163 Posts
I reviewed the table descriptions to the PAR file. It looks like I will NOT be able to move the Rudder stick over to my Aileron stick by hacking the model characteristic parameter file. Using the joystick interface utility is the only solution that I can see.

For PAR file details, please see: http://kimagure-hikoki.hoops.ne.jp/p..._par-file.html