HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 09:45 AM
Centreville,VA,USA
Joined Apr 2001
3,915 Posts
Discussion
New Micro 12"WS Quick build Camel

In memory of a RC friend who passed away in 2010 I thought I'd build a quick 12"S micro Camel using the first generation 2.4 GHz PZ Cessna e-gear and TX his wife gave me. Using this system really limits the control of this bird and in order to get it to fly better I had to increase the horz & vert stab area a bit. Unlike my other 12WS Camel that fly's great using more up to date e-gear and is more scale.

I've test flown and adjusted it to fly with my friend Jin's help and suggestion to increase the tail area so now it's ready for some paint and minor details.

The scheme is that of RNAS, Lt. Brandon's "Wonga Bonga" B3834. I have to finish all the decals, pilot etc.

Pete
mtflyr is offline Find More Posts by mtflyr
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM
I love my ID.
Fairfax VA
Joined Aug 2004
631 Posts
Great progress in paint job. I think new hobbyking brick is smaller and you can get rid of that obsolete TX. If you go any smaller and you won't be able to see it. Glad to see you coming back to model building.
jingjingjing is offline Find More Posts by jingjingjing
Old Yesterday, 08:31 PM
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Mar 2013
56 Posts
Pete, sorry about your friend.

Why does this radio give you limited control?

Very nice build, particularly for a "quickie"

Dave
d wulff is offline Find More Posts by d wulff
Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM
Wilmington NC
Joined Aug 2010
240 Posts
Nice
C-ME-FLY is offline Find More Posts by C-ME-FLY
Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM
Centreville,VA,USA
Joined Apr 2001
3,915 Posts
Thanks guys.

d wulff,
There's no limiting of the rudder it's 100 % movement at the slightest touch of the stick. On this plane is a bit much even with a very light touch, so I may just put a little limiter on the stick so the rudder movement/ travel is limited. Other than that the toy TX still works fine.

I did a few more tissue decals as always applied with Elmers. Speedy01, Gene made me the sized 12"WS Camel decals from ROF skins for my other RNAS A flight micro Camel. (Thanks again Gene !) I still need to add the Sopwith tail decal, paint the pilot and add a few minor details and some weathering.

Pete
mtflyr is offline Find More Posts by mtflyr