Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:29 PM
United States, NV, Alamo
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
Discussion
i need some good ideas

Im trying to rewind a motor (outrunner) and have no clue on where to get my power supply from i would like to fabracate up my own ESC but dont know which way to go i been researching an im not find any direction that make any common sense to me i dont know which parts i need an where to get them i want to try an get them from some of this dissassembled electronics i have laying around so if anyone with some good advise that is in the form for a dummie such as myself please help
frizzlefryd is offline Find More Posts by frizzlefryd
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:01 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2010
1,596 Posts
Go and buy an ESC, they are not simple devices to make and any screw-up (software or hardware) will likely destroy the electronics (and/or motor).

They can be obtained from a variety of places much cheaper than you could build one, its just not worth the effort.
desertstalker is offline Find More Posts by desertstalker
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:37 AM
Manufacturer
Joined Sep 2012
277 Posts
As desertstalker says, the electronics is not so easy. In fact the semiconductor manufacturers have reference designs to try to make things easier, but you then need to make PCBs and solder small surface mount devices (reliably) etc etc, all rather tricky. Standard ESCs is the way to go.
IceManPro is offline Find More Posts by IceManPro