HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 07, 2014, 12:41 PM
Joined May 2013
6 Posts
Good News !!! It did come with the guns / rocket pods !!!

Now I need the scale head.

Does the RC Aerodyne 450 size 5 Blade Head come with the the Swash Plate and Linkages? and What shaft size?

Again their website has very little info on this part.

Secondly I was able to build it with room for a scale cockpit.

I did a little bit of web searching but not really any good results so Does anyone know where I can get a 450 size MD500 cockpit and Pilot?
redandblue is offline Find More Posts by redandblue
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2014, 12:52 PM
3D and Scale RC Heli Pilot
Monroe, WA
Joined Jan 2007
834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
"...Secondly I was able to build it with room for a scale cockpit..."
Do you have the correct Center of Gravity?
BlackTitanium is offline Find More Posts by BlackTitanium
Old Jun 08, 2014, 09:01 AM
Joined May 2013
6 Posts
It is a little on the tail heavy side.

I have temporarily added weight to the nose, which I would rather not add any weight but I did until I can add a cockpit and pilot.

It flys pretty good right now.
Old Jun 08, 2014, 10:31 AM
3D and Scale RC Heli Pilot
Monroe, WA
Joined Jan 2007
834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
Good News !!! It did come with the guns / rocket pods !!!

Now I need the scale head.

Does the RC Aerodyne 450 size 5 Blade Head come with the the Swash Plate and Linkages? and What shaft size?

Again their website has very little info on this part.

Secondly I was able to build it with room for a scale cockpit.

I did a little bit of web searching but not really any good results so Does anyone know where I can get a 450 size MD500 cockpit and Pilot?
The 5 blade rotor head assembly does come with the swash, linkages, and it fits the standard main shaft.

There are cockpits and pilots available for 500 size and larger scale models, but nothing for 450 size. You will most likely have to fabricate your own cockpit and pilots.

Scale models are inherently tail heavy, and for that reason is why it is recommended to install all of the electronics up front and minimize adding extra weight needed to balance the Center of Gravity. Due to the lack of option for a cockpit, and all the electronics up front, that is why most people tint the windows.
BlackTitanium is offline Find More Posts by BlackTitanium
Old Jun 09, 2014, 07:40 AM
Joined May 2013
6 Posts
Yes your right.

In some way I like the tinted windows but after seeing all the scale cockpits I got excited and really wanted to go that route but if I have to tint then I will. Its just tinting the windshield on a all black Heli would be a little too much darkness.

Even being a little tail heavy it still flys pretty good but that may be Skookum 720 working.

Also I asked RC Aerodyne on there website about the head/swash/linkages but I have not heard anything by email or a reply on the posting I made on the webpage.

Thanks.

BTW, Black Titanium are you Kip who I have been emailing back and forth?
Old Jul 02, 2014, 08:55 AM
Joined Jul 2014
11 Posts
Hi and sorry for the thread hijack.. Can anyone tell me where I can get the weapons kit for the md500 ? not the rc aerodyne prices as importing to south Africa is way too expensive.
Jakkals_F30 is offline Find More Posts by Jakkals_F30