Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:54 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
Discussion
lock out the rudeness

Is there a way to lock out people that I don't want responding to my threads. Ignore doesn't do it; people on my ignore list still reply, it just collapses the replies.
Ignore is really nothing more than putting your hands over your ears and going 'LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA"
karlik is offline Find More Posts by karlik
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 03:06 PM
Joined Dec 2007
6,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlik View Post
Is there a way to lock out people that I don't want responding to my threads. Ignore doesn't do it; people on my ignore list still reply, it just collapses the replies.
Ignore is really nothing more than putting your hands over your ears and going 'LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA"
You cant stop them from posting in the regular forums. All you can do is ignore or report post that break the rules.

You do have control of your blog and For Sale threads and can delete unwanted post there, but that's about it.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:33 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
That's sad because ignoring them is a sign of weakness, and that just seems to attract more.
I'm a balloon, I try to contain myself as long as I can, and then explode. I will eventually reach the point of "ignoring" all the I can and then get myself banned.
karlik is offline Find More Posts by karlik
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:30 AM
Joined Dec 2007
6,529 Posts
Quote:
That's sad because ignoring them is a sign of weakness, and that just seems to attract more.
I'm a balloon, I try to contain myself as long as I can, and then explode. I will eventually reach the point of "ignoring" all the I can and then get myself banned.
I know it can be hard to resist getting emotional sometimes, but this is supposed to be fun and not stressful. It's funny how the anonymity of the Internet will cause people to behave in ways they would never behave if they were standing in front of you.

You cannot control what others do, but you can control your response to it. By reacting negatively, you are allowing them to have control of you as well, and when this happens, they win.

A the end of the day, this is just and internet forum and what goes on here really doesn't matter that much in the big picture. There are plenty of things in life that we we all have to worry about every day and cause stress in our lives......a hobby forum shouldn't be one of them
Old Nov 08, 2012, 09:34 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
I know it can be hard to resist getting emotional sometimes, but this is supposed to be fun and not stressful. It's funny how the anonymity of the Internet will cause people to behave in ways they would never behave if they were standing in front of you.

You cannot control what others do, but you can control your response to it. By reacting negatively, you are allowing them to have control of you as well, and when this happens, they win.

A the end of the day, this is just and internet forum and what goes on here really doesn't matter that much in the big picture. There are plenty of things in life that we we all have to worry about every day and cause stress in our lives......a hobby forum shouldn't be one of them

Superbly put, fantastic perspective. Thanks for this.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:45 AM
Joined Dec 2007
6,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
Superbly put, fantastic perspective. Thanks for this.
If only it were as easy to live by my own words all of the time I'm just as guilty of getting down in the trenches with those who tick me off sometimes, and then regretting some of the things I post later.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:53 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
If the ignore function doesn't work for you then just say what you have to say and if your thread get's invaded by people that can't discuss your topic in a mature manner close your thread.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Last post Nov 09, 2012, 10:45 AM

Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:03 AM
United States, NC, Robbins
Joined Jul 2008
659 Posts
Valanti looks like you have a new friend.
deerfreak is offline Find More Posts by deerfreak
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:14 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerfreak View Post
Valanti looks like you have a new friend.
Porcia, looks like you have a new friend.

Mark

(this could get long winded)
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:24 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post

Mark

Mark,
It looks like you have a new friend.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:48 AM
United States, NC, Robbins
Joined Jul 2008
659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post

Mark

Absolutely I'm a big fan of Tom's
deerfreak is offline Find More Posts by deerfreak
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:42 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerfreak View Post
Absolutely I'm a big fan of Tom's
aw shucks. Must have missed that "friend" invite.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:31 PM
United States, OK, Catoosa
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
Last post Nov 09, 2012, 10:45 AM

I agree, this is kind of weird, this member closed out his account, last year. Almost like, finding a cemetary, giving advice to stranger buried in the ground beneath you, on how to live a longer healthier life. I'm sensing, someone is having a meltdown?
Sites is offline Find More Posts by Sites
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:30 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Whatever happened to Fishycomics? That guy was a riot. I loved watching his hilarious Champ videos. I see his posts occasionally on the Honda forums.
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation