Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:59 AM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Apr 2012
1,505 Posts
Quote:
you want it cheap, you want it fast, you want it good
Aye. I've been using multis on and off for a while now, and it's the same thing there.

I should've been referencing relativity a bit more than I did. I'm under the impression that the simpler units cost less (think KK2.0 vs. Naza)... I'm looking for a KK2.0 equivalent. I think that the Ardupilot will be my best bet.
acetech09 is offline Find More Posts by acetech09
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:41 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acetech09 View Post
It's still recreational... Flying it around parks and high schools and not being paid is still recreational... it just happens that my hobby recreation happens to tow a banner related to the event in the middle.

Unless I'm wrong about something.
Here in the UK model aircraft are classed as SUAS flown for sport or recreation. As soon as there is some other gain involved it all changes. Someone is benefitting from the advertising on the banner? As a result it would be commercial flying. US rules appear somewhat more confusing.

Not sure how the above differs from me putting a sticker on my plane for my favourite brand of radio control equipment. Surely that is advertising :-)

Slightly back in topic. What about a second hand autopilot? They have been around long enough now that there must be a market for selling older ones. Probably not this forum but DIY Drones maybe.

Dave
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
Last edited by wildpalms; Oct 22, 2012 at 11:46 PM.