Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:56 PM
Joined Sep 2011
81 Posts
Tax battery

Jim, I know the new radio is not going to ship out with a battery; will you offer a battery for the tx for sale or if not, will you recommend a battery or source to go to purchase a tx battery?
xfedex is offline Find More Posts by xfedex
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:12 PM
Joined May 2002
225 Posts
Jim, i just found out that the frysky modules have been rated at 100mw but only put out 60mw. What does the XPS-3216 put out and what does the XPS modules put out?
Grich is offline Find More Posts by Grich
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:00 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,708 Posts
Yes, more posting clean up. Please on topic for this thread.

In reference to all of the nay-sayers... take a look back through history and you will find the exact same comments said when I announced the world's very first 2.4GHz full range module system for R/C...
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:01 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfedex View Post
Jim, I know the new radio is not going to ship out with a battery; will you offer a battery for the tx for sale or if not, will you recommend a battery or source to go to purchase a tx battery?
There will be several options available, along with every possible solution I can think of for a power source.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:02 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grich View Post
Jim, i just found out that the frysky modules have been rated at 100mw but only put out 60mw. What does the XPS-3216 put out and what does the XPS modules put out?
The DivBee module outputs up to 165mw, but can be limited to just 100mw to comply with European regulations.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:09 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,708 Posts
Just as a reminder.... this thread is strictly for talking about features of the transmitter. Anything else will be deleted, so you will be wasting your time posting about anything else.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:54 PM
Joined Dec 2007
239 Posts
Jim, what did you decide on the memory? How many models can this new radio hold? And can you categorize/organize your planes in groups? or sort them on your own order or have some way to add a warbird to the list next to the other warbirds instead of adding at the end all the time. I know it was discussed a long while ago, but please refresh my memory. I hope there are definable categories. So I can have indoor airplanes, War birds, old timers, helis, sport, experimental, gliders or stuff like that.
Uff-Da RC is offline Find More Posts by Uff-Da RC
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:01 PM
Joined Jan 2005
50 Posts
Do you plan on including a manual with the transmitter or have that set up as a download?
If a download, any chance you could make it available before the release of the transmitter?
Do you plan on shipping these things in fancy packaging or just a plane brown box and some bubble wrap?
RICHARD3851 is offline Find More Posts by RICHARD3851
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:11 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uff-Da RC View Post
Jim, what did you decide on the memory? How many models can this new radio hold? And can you categorize/organize your planes in groups? or sort them on your own order or have some way to add a warbird to the list next to the other warbirds instead of adding at the end all the time. I know it was discussed a long while ago, but please refresh my memory. I hope there are definable categories. So I can have indoor airplanes, War birds, old timers, helis, sport, experimental, gliders or stuff like that.
The model memory is basically endless. You can keep your top 100 models in local memory and store/load about 1/2 million models on a 4GB SD media card.

There are up to 256 categories you can create/delete.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:14 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHARD3851 View Post
Do you plan on including a manual with the transmitter or have that set up as a download?
If a download, any chance you could make it available before the release of the transmitter?
Do you plan on shipping these things in fancy packaging or just a plane brown box and some bubble wrap?
There will be a .pdf manual initially, with a printed manual later. The manual on .pdf will become available at the same time as the release.

The agreement we have with the plastic supplier is for a full color printed box, so that is how they will come.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:56 AM
Joined Feb 2010
14 Posts
Can we add this transmitter to our Christmas list? Or will it be available next year?
Will it come with a cord so we can attach to our home computer or it wireless?
Are you going to sell a metal case for it in the future?
I am just hoping Santa will be putting this under the tree.

Thanks,

Darren
aarcwarbirds is offline Find More Posts by aarcwarbirds
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:57 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,708 Posts
There is no release date for the transmitter. Yes, it will come with a USB interface so you can connect it to your PC for backing up your data, doing firmware upgrades, etc. I do not know if a metal case is in the future, that would depend on the level of interest (although I think if there was a big interest in this, there would be aftermarket companies making transmitter housings).
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:08 PM
Pants on the ground
exit 26 Jersey
Joined Jul 2007
6,220 Posts
Is there a thread for the nano's
xsubsailor is offline Find More Posts by xsubsailor
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:25 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsubsailor View Post
Is there a thread for the nano's
Yes, there are several threads about the Nano. Please keep this thread for the specifications of this transmitter. Thanks!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:58 PM
Joined Sep 2011
81 Posts
Jim, if we use a lipo battery for power and have to remove it to charge it, which I have no problem with, will it have a latch or other type holder that is easy to open/close? That is, be able to handle many open/close functions and the cover still fit like it is supposed to. The old Airtronics tx had a slide on each side that had to be moved to open,
xfedex is offline Find More Posts by xfedex
Closed Thread