HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: With the impending release of the Tempest, what Dynam Warbird would you like next?
Bristol Beaufighter 49 16.07%
Bf 110 49 16.07%
Curtiss P-40 38 12.46%
P-38 Lightning 46 15.08%
Mitsubishi Zero 36 11.80%
de Havilland Mosquito 41 13.44%
Grumman F7F Tigercat 46 15.08%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:10 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2012
1,857 Posts
I do wish that Dynam would stop using metal screws into plastic mounts for the wing to fuselage and find a better way. Repeated use removing and replacing the wing for storage/transport strips the plastic mount so the wing isn't secure. The 2x25mm screws are easily lost hard to replace.

Instead like in the Bf109 use nylon bolt but use four of them. Also not screws but better would be nylon thumbscrew wing bolts for convenience. The scale police could use flat heads and a screwdriver but personally I wouldn't bother.
4mm in the large models like the Bf110 certainly. The parts are cheap and the design requirement when planning the model I don't think would be too difficult.
Griphin is offline Find More Posts by Griphin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2014, 09:37 AM
United States, NC, Rocky Mt
Joined Oct 2003
1,103 Posts
Back when I had to remove wings for travel I did two easy things. One take CA and put a VERY light amount in the screw holes and let dry. That hardens the hole and then two I go hardware store and use larger screws. Those little screws aren't really that great anyway so I just upgrade and adapt when they are new.
P-51 flyby is offline Find More Posts by P-51 flyby
Old Jun 11, 2014, 03:30 PM
Just throw it up!
Joined Jul 2011
1,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51 flyby View Post
Back when I had to remove wings for travel I did two easy things. One take CA and put a VERY light amount in the screw holes and let dry. That hardens the hole and then two I go hardware store and use larger screws. Those little screws aren't really that great anyway so I just upgrade and adapt when they are new.
I used to do the same thing but with Epoxy with similar results. Worked a treat.
Merlin Power is offline Find More Posts by Merlin Power
Old Jun 11, 2014, 03:42 PM
Just throw it up!
Joined Jul 2011
1,318 Posts
Well for those Dynam people who haven't seen yet, here is few pics of my finished Dynam Spit on action from the weekend. After a bit of trimming it flew really well. I think that apart from the factory paint job on this bird, which left a bit to be desired, Dynam nailed the scale proportions pretty well. Looks like pretty much a real Spit to me. For some of the prices around the world that you can get the Spitfire for, it really is a bargain. Now I just need to fly my Tempest.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 08:44 PM
Joined Oct 2003
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin Power View Post
Well for those Dynam people who haven't seen yet, here is few pics of my finished Dynam Spit on action from the weekend. After a bit of trimming it flew really well. I think that apart from the factory paint job on this bird, which left a bit to be desired, Dynam nailed the scale proportions pretty well. Looks like pretty much a real Spit to me. For some of the prices around the world that you can get the Spitfire for, it really is a bargain. Now I just need to fly my Tempest.
Man that looks good MP! Yeah I did the epoxy on the bigger FMS birds too!
Old Jun 12, 2014, 04:50 PM
Australia, SA, Riverton
Joined Nov 2012
77 Posts
Great pics MP. There is something about a Spitfire that puts it apart from all other aircraft. Mitchell surely got it right all those years ago. I too, have the Tempest ready to test fly and now a Hurricane to put together. Regardless of a few minor things I think Dynam makes great models, size, flyable and price. They seem to be on the money.
RobMill is offline Find More Posts by RobMill
Old Jun 15, 2014, 09:24 PM
"Five Easy Pieces"
United States, IN, Terre Haute
Joined Sep 2011
1,405 Posts
I swapped the 500kv for a 650kv motor in my Dynam P-47D.
Hello Thunderbolt!
Thunderbolt 650kv Upgrade (7 min 5 sec)
bobdaeronort is offline Find More Posts by bobdaeronort
Old Jun 16, 2014, 03:35 AM
Just throw it up!
Joined Jul 2011
1,318 Posts
Quote:
Man that looks good MP! Yeah I did the epoxy on the bigger FMS birds too!
Thanks heaps P-51 flyby, it am pretty happy with the way it turned out. It looked even better than I thought it would at the field and especially in the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMill View Post
Great pics MP. There is something about a Spitfire that puts it apart from all other aircraft. Mitchell surely got it right all those years ago. I too, have the Tempest ready to test fly and now a Hurricane to put together. Regardless of a few minor things I think Dynam makes great models, size, flyable and price. They seem to be on the money.
Yeah there is something special about the way the Spitifre looks. It is a very well proportioned plane. It is a bit like James Bond. Classy and handsome, but pick a fight with it and you have problems.

The Dynam Hurricane looked great when I was looking at it at Hobbyzone. Seems a further improvement on the Tempest. It will be interesting to see whether you like the Hurricane or Temepst better on e you fly them both.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 02:06 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2012
532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdaeronort View Post
Hello Thunderbolt!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MulIj-2O9CU
What motor did you end up using?
Scamp73 is offline Find More Posts by Scamp73
Old Jun 16, 2014, 06:20 PM
Joined Oct 2003
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdaeronort View Post
Hello Thunderbolt!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MulIj-2O9CU
That 650 rocks that's what I ended up flying in my hellcat after the DOA 500kv proved itself to be a paper weight.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 07:25 AM
"Five Easy Pieces"
Joined Sep 2011
1,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp73 View Post
What motor did you end up using?
The Dyanm BM3720A-650kv
Last edited by bobdaeronort; Jun 17, 2014 at 07:31 AM.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 07:30 AM
"Five Easy Pieces"
Joined Sep 2011
1,405 Posts
Quote:
That 650 rocks that's what I ended up flying in my hellcat after the DOA 500kv proved itself to be a paper weight.
My Hellcat motor died after four flights.
Grayson Hobby replaced it.
I sent the defective one back.
Here are pics of the motor. Notice the loose motor windings.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 08:26 PM
Joined Oct 2003
1,103 Posts
I called them about mine and they gave me some tips one how to fix it and I did....three flights later it crapped out. I never called them about it. I should have just gotten it replaced and to make matters worse it took me almost a month to get around to putting it together and having time for it so...mine got about 6 flights and the windings were snapped..shorting and all over the place.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 09:21 PM
Newbe learning everyday!
United States, OH, Parma Heights
Joined Aug 2012
649 Posts
Subscribed
dbdukeboy is offline Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Old Jun 20, 2014, 09:35 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,303 Posts
Speaking of motors, I noticed that Dynam has a new line of motors called Tomcat...

http://www.tomcat-motor.com/

I seen them show up on Grayson Hobby but they aren't currently listed...

http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...s-c-9_249.html

Kman
kman24 is offline Find More Posts by kman24