HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 03, 2011, 10:33 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8 Posts
Help!
Skyartec Cessna 182 Transmitter Problem!

Greetings!

i recently purchased a Skyartec Cessna 182. After charging the battery and installing 8 AA batteries into the transmitter i powered everything up and tested all the servo functions and everything worked GREAT.

i decided to try out the FMS simulator that comes with the plane, Connected the USB cable to the TX and the computer and drivers were installed GREAT.
loaded the SKYARTEC CD and installed the FMS fine no problems.

Run the software, powered up the TX went to the control panel and selected "joystick Interface" as directed by the manual. Did the Mapping/Calibration and everything was GREAT.

Came out the Control Panel and loaded a model (Skyhawk 182) and started. The simulator started flashing so i turned the TEXTURES off (not a big deal).

Started flying TX responds perfectly with the simulator, plane flys perfect - NO ISSUES.

I power down the TX, disconnect the USB from the PC and the TX and went back to the RC. Powered on the TX and connected the battery to the RX (buzz buzz) goes the plane. Time to run a control test.

NOW the RC does not respond to the TX at all. I dont know what to do. Please Help
JamaicanRC is offline Find More Posts by JamaicanRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2011, 12:48 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamaicanRC View Post
Greetings!

i recently purchased a Skyartec Cessna 182. After charging the battery and installing 8 AA batteries into the transmitter i powered everything up and tested all the servo functions and everything worked GREAT.

i decided to try out the FMS simulator that comes with the plane, Connected the USB cable to the TX and the computer and drivers were installed GREAT.
loaded the SKYARTEC CD and installed the FMS fine no problems.

Run the software, powered up the TX went to the control panel and selected "joystick Interface" as directed by the manual. Did the Mapping/Calibration and everything was GREAT.

Came out the Control Panel and loaded a model (Skyhawk 182) and started. The simulator started flashing so i turned the TEXTURES off (not a big deal).

Started flying TX responds perfectly with the simulator, plane flys perfect - NO ISSUES.

I power down the TX, disconnect the USB from the PC and the TX and went back to the RC. Powered on the TX and connected the battery to the RX (buzz buzz) goes the plane. Time to run a control test.

NOW the RC does not respond to the TX at all. I dont know what to do. Please Help
As THE Factory Authorized USA Distributor we see many issues that need some service or advice. I don't recall a problem like this one. I would suggest you contact your dealer for a service call or return to them to have them check it out. There is something definitely wrong with the setup
Sorry we couldn't give you a "fast fix"

Max
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 04, 2011, 07:42 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
As THE Factory Authorized USA Distributor we see many issues that need some service or advice. I don't recall a problem like this one. I would suggest you contact your dealer for a service call or return to them to have them check it out. There is something definitely wrong with the setup
Sorry we couldn't give you a "fast fix"

Max
MAX, i am not in the USA, nor is there a dealer here. surely you can do some research or come up with some troubleshooting steps?
JamaicanRC is offline Find More Posts by JamaicanRC
Old Jun 05, 2011, 04:58 AM
Joined Dec 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
MAX, i am not in the USA, nor is there a dealer here. surely you can do some research or come up with some troubleshooting steps?
No research necessary. We have bench tested literally thousands of these units. There is something broken in your radio system. Without the units on our bench we can't tell you what is wrong. You found a dealer to buy it from and you should be able to find them again to return the unit for replacement or repair as this is what is necessary

Max
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 07, 2011, 04:20 AM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Aug 2011
985 Posts
hi. I had the same prob. I just re-bound the tx.(is that correct??). here is a step by step if you don't know.
1)turn tx off and un-plug battery
2)plug battery into plane.
3)press the little black button on the rx. the red light should flash for a couple of seconds
4) while the red light is flashing turn on the tx. the tx lights should flash then go solid. Your tx and rx are now bound.
scrubmonkey is offline Find More Posts by scrubmonkey
Old Sep 08, 2011, 03:47 AM
Joined Dec 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubmonkey View Post
hi. I had the same prob. I just re-bound the tx.(is that correct??). here is a step by step if you don't know.
1)turn tx off and un-plug battery
2)plug battery into plane.
3)press the little black button on the rx. the red light should flash for a couple of seconds
4) while the red light is flashing turn on the tx. the tx lights should flash then go solid. Your tx and rx are now bound.
Turn on Transmitter FIRST. Push the Rx black button in for a moment and RELEASE. Light on Rx will flash a few times then it will go solid red light. This is the proper procedure to rebind the Tx to the Rx.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 08, 2011, 03:51 AM
Joined Dec 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Try to reconnect the Tx to the computer and start the software program. Click the open Game Button like you would to use the Flight Simulator. When you are finished using the Flight Simulator always click the game button to turn OFF the Game port. Prehaps the Transmitter, was still in Game Port Mode when you tried to use it with the Actual Airplane Rx.

Also try my steps to rebind the transmitter if this does not work

Hope that helps

Max
Site Sponsor