HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 18, 2015, 12:39 AM
Aaron qin's Avatar
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
1,046 Posts
New Product
RocHobby Bell P-39 Cobra II Racer 980mm Racing High Speed PNP

FMS has modified its design of the Bell P-39 into the Thompson Trophy racer, Cobra II. The 1946 race was won by Alvin "Tex" Johnston flying Cobra II. Being able to achieve a true airspeed of 420 MPH at sea level, it was unbeatable that day in banggood. If you love the warbird look and enjoy the excitement of heart-pounding speeds, this aircraft will satisfy both of your desires! With the stock 4 bladed prop, 3648 brushless Outrunner motor, 4 cell LiPo battery and 70A ESC, the Cobra II can obtain speeds of up to 100mph+.
Be ready to turn heads with the awesome 980mm Cobra II

Wingspan:980mm/38.6in
Overall Length: 912mm/36in
Material: Durable EPO
Flying Weight:1360g
Motor Size:3648-KV770
ESC:70A
Servo:9g servoX 7
CG: 70-75mm(From Leading Edge)
Recommended Battery: 14.8V 2200mAh 25C(not included)
Assembly Time: 20mins
Requires: PNP requires Radio System, Battery and Charger

http://www.banggood.com/RocHobby-Bel...-p-969913.html
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2015, 06:45 AM
Registered User
WarbirdFan66's Avatar
Germany, Berlin
Joined Feb 2012
277 Posts
aircobra in yellow?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin View Post
...FMS has modified its design of the Bell P-39 into the Thompson Trophy racer, Cobra II...
Holy mother ... what have they done with the beautiful plane is saw two month ago...im sure some guys love those airracers, but god yellow .
I hope they release the model in both versions, the airracer and the military version because for me the racer is an absolute no go...guess i have to unpack my airbrush again...
WarbirdFan66 is offline Find More Posts by WarbirdFan66
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2015, 07:38 AM
Registered User
TripleW's Avatar
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
7,002 Posts
Looks Great!
I'm just happy to see a P-39.
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2015, 09:45 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
Mikemynameis's Avatar
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarbirdFan66 View Post
Holy mother ... what have they done with the beautiful plane is saw two month ago...im sure some guys love those airracers, but god yellow .
I hope they release the model in both versions, the airracer and the military version because for me the racer is an absolute no go...guess i have to unpack my airbrush again...
Looks awesome, better then the other color
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2015, 12:26 PM
Registered User
USA, OH, Kent
Joined Feb 2011
208 Posts
If this plane was planned to be mainly marketed as a RocHobby air racer then why make it smaller than the other 1100mm RocHobby racers ? Hmm , or if this plane was planned to be marketed mainly as a warbird , why make the warbird customers wait a few months longer to get the warbird version ? Hmm , typical Chinese marketing strategy LOL !
spitfirebill is offline Find More Posts by spitfirebill
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2015, 04:07 PM
Registered User
WarbirdFan66's Avatar
Germany, Berlin
Joined Feb 2012
277 Posts
confused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfirebill View Post
If this plane was planned to be mainly marketed as a RocHobby air racer then why make it smaller than the other 1100mm RocHobby racers ? Hmm , or if this plane was planned to be marketed mainly as a warbird , why make the warbird customers wait a few months longer to get the warbird version ? Hmm , typical Chinese marketing strategy LOL !
Im so glad that im not the only one who finds that a bit confusing
WarbirdFan66 is offline Find More Posts by WarbirdFan66
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2015, 04:19 PM
Upstanding Member
Kurt's Avatar
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
2,275 Posts
Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfirebill View Post
If this plane was planned to be mainly marketed as a RocHobby air racer then why make it smaller than the other 1100mm RocHobby racers ?
980mm P39 is approx. the same scale as a 1100mm F2G Corsair.
If the P-39 was 1100mm it would look too big compared to the other Roc Racers.
Kurt is offline Find More Posts by Kurt
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2015, 05:37 PM
Registered User
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Feb 2012
56 Posts
Looking forward to this in its warbird livery.
GunnerV is offline Find More Posts by GunnerV
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2015, 05:52 PM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Ah Clem's Avatar
Joined Mar 2005
3,480 Posts
I want it either way (actually, both ways-1 Racer and 1 military)!
Ah Clem is offline Find More Posts by Ah Clem
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2015, 08:28 AM
Registered User
6Sally5's Avatar
United States, CA, Lincoln
Joined Jan 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarbirdFan66 View Post
Holy mother ... what have they done with the beautiful plane is saw two month ago...im sure some guys love those airracers, but god yellow .
I hope they release the model in both versions, the airracer and the military version because for me the racer is an absolute no go...guess i have to unpack my airbrush again...
I'm with you WBF! Well I know that if anybody can modify it to amazing scale, it is you! Definitely looking forward to that!
6Sally5 is offline Find More Posts by 6Sally5
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2015, 08:42 AM
Registered User
WarbirdFan66's Avatar
Germany, Berlin
Joined Feb 2012
277 Posts
scale...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
Love it!
980mm P39 is approx. the same scale as a 1100mm F2G Corsair.
If the P-39 was 1100mm it would look too big compared to the other Roc Racers.
....Or samler, considering the size of the real planes the Corsair has 12.5m wingspan compared to the way smaler P-39 with only 10.4m.
Which brings the Corsair to something like 11.36 : 1 and the P-39 to 10.61 : 1....so if they put the both to the same scale (using the Corsair as a template) the P-39 would have a wingspan of like 915mm, give or take (unless i miscalculated ).

So i think choosing 980mm as a wingspann was a good choice unlike the color...well at least yellow is easy to paint over , anyway its nice to see that the P-39 finaly made in to the rc-world.
WarbirdFan66 is offline Find More Posts by WarbirdFan66
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2015, 09:45 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
Mikemynameis's Avatar
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,819 Posts
Rochobby 980mm P-39Q Aeracobra Racing (3 min 3 sec)
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2015, 11:35 AM
Upstanding Member
Kurt's Avatar
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarbirdFan66 View Post
So i think choosing 980mm as a wingspann was a good choice unlike the color...well at least yellow is easy to paint over , anyway its nice to see that the P-39 finaly made in to the rc-world.
nah the racer color scheme is great. Most factory camo/OD green foamies don't look much at all like the true colors anyway plus are terrible for visibility/orientation. Super cool to see a real racer's colors, which happens to be great for visibility as well.
Surely you guys will do a "proper" job painting it like the warbird versions

edit: just watched the video above, and flying it like that in wartime colors would look stupid. At least the "racer" version is supposed to be ridiculously fast!
Kurt is offline Find More Posts by Kurt
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2015, 11:46 AM
Der Schaum-Krieg-Vogel Piloten
FLTRI's Avatar
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2013
1,318 Posts
Subscribed, and thanks for the video. Looks like it will handle grass okay. Waiting for the Hells Bells version though...
FLTRI is offline Find More Posts by FLTRI
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2015, 01:51 PM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
2,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
nah the racer color scheme is great. Most factory camo/OD green foamies don't look much at all like the true colors anyway plus are terrible for visibility/orientation. Super cool to see a real racer's colors, which happens to be great for visibility as well.
Surely you guys will do a "proper" job painting it like the warbird versions

edit: just watched the video above, and flying it like that in wartime colors would look stupid. At least the "racer" version is supposed to be ridiculously fast!
I have to admit that the yellow's growing on me, for the very reasons you mention, even though I'm pretty much a dyed in the wool warbird guy. This may be my first racer!
GradyLee is offline Find More Posts by GradyLee
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale RocHobby Strega P-51 High Speed 1070mm (42") Wingspan - PNP LPU vrex Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Mar 13, 2015 01:01 PM
New Product FMS/ Diamond Hobby 980mm P-47 Razorback High Speed Diamond Hobby Electric Warbirds 1167 Mar 09, 2015 07:10 PM
Discussion RocHobby F2G Super Corsair High Speed 1100mm (43.3") - PNP Ray Manhart Electric Warbirds 2 Sep 03, 2014 11:45 PM
Wanted Looking for a P-51 Strega by FMS/Rochobby or high speed racers coolgg Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jun 05, 2014 02:25 AM
Sold RocHobby F2G Super Corsair "Race 57" Reno Racer by RocHobby - High Speed Version Rec Air Candy Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Apr 26, 2014 12:18 PM