HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 24, 2015, 11:31 PM
DF65/No Excuses, Just Sailing!
United States, TX, Richardson
Joined Feb 2011
1,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planeur View Post
Could someone who's ordered from fastballs give me an idea how long it took to fulfill the order? I order a set of sails for my DF65 on Feb 24th and they haven't shown up yet.

Thanks,
Hugh
i have, it is usually 4-6 weeks, email Neil and ask him ...

and I assume you are talking about Fast Sails... not Fast balls
Windward RC is offline Find More Posts by Windward RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2015, 03:29 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Mar 2014
76 Posts
FAST Sails for Fastballs lol

My FAST Sails took approx. 3 weeks. (around 2 weeks build time, 1 week shipping by Canada Post). I'm in the same province as the builder (Kelowna to Vancouver, within BC, Canada). Depending on where you are, it would be about 4-6 weeks total.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windward RC View Post

denisoni1 is offline Find More Posts by denisoni1
Old Mar 25, 2015, 05:56 PM
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2013
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windward RC View Post

Thanks, autocorrect got me.

I tried the email form a few times but didn't get a response. I'll just relax for a couple more weeks now that I know this isn't unusual.
Planeur is online now Find More Posts by Planeur
Old Mar 25, 2015, 06:00 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Mar 2014
76 Posts
Best to go to the Facebook site for a quicker response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planeur View Post
Thanks, autocorrect got me.

I tried the email form a few times but didn't get a response. I'll just relax for a couple more weeks now that I know this isn't unusual.
denisoni1 is offline Find More Posts by denisoni1
Old Yesterday, 08:10 AM
Gringo42
United States, MI, Canton
Joined Jul 2014
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by denisoni1 View Post
Best to go to the Facebook site for a quicker response
Neil builds great sails! But lack communication skills! I waited 6 weeks for my set!
Gringo42 is offline Find More Posts by Gringo42
Old Yesterday, 09:53 AM
Minnesota, USA
Joined Aug 2002
2,542 Posts
Unless every DF One Design owner placed orders, 6 weeks seems a bit extreme - considering the sails for the one-design version are flat cut (no seams) and size is established by manufacturer. Thus a cut from a pre-made template, luff tape, head, clew and tack reinforcements, and a set of plastic battens should not take that long (in my personal opinion).

Of course, it is up to the owner/buyer to consider ..................
Dick L. is offline Find More Posts by Dick L.
Old Yesterday, 10:28 AM
RB
Joined Nov 2012
131 Posts
deleted
R Baker is offline Find More Posts by R Baker
Old Yesterday, 03:54 PM
DF65/No Excuses, Just Sailing!
United States, TX, Richardson
Joined Feb 2011
1,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick L. View Post
Unless every DF One Design owner placed orders, 6 weeks seems a bit extreme - considering the sails for the one-design version are flat cut (no seams) and size is established by manufacturer. Thus a cut from a pre-made template, luff tape, head, clew and tack reinforcements, and a set of plastic battens should not take that long (in my personal opinion).

As you say every sail maker is different. But then again we dont know what his back log is etc.

Plus these days many guys are doing RC business on the side and dont have full time to commit to their venture, Not everyone has the luxury of being retired and doing an RC business full time!

All I know is Ive used them, I like them, and they are a VERY reasonable price
Windward RC is offline Find More Posts by Windward RC
Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM
Minnesota, USA
Joined Aug 2002
2,542 Posts
Chuck - I understand your points and like everything else, doing one or two is different than doing a dozen or so - but when one "advertises" the buying consumer tends to have expectations. As a builder for myself, I could care less how long it takes, but someone placing an order would (and should) get a reasonable expectation of wait.

I have a complete sail set that I built for my Force 2-60 in which I have approximately 2-1/2 hours time devoted. While I still have to do the corner grommets and mast attachment points, I am guessing about 45 minutes to 1 hour for completion. The sail graphics are all done by hand (and which took up the majority of the time) but you can bet that if I were advertising, my business plan would include a point of noting wait times that could be updated depending on backlog - and complexity of the graphics. It's kind of like a business (Grrrrrr) that says "Contact Us" and has an email address but no one reads or responds. Reading about supplier issues in a forum doesn't help the supplier's business - or a new buyer. Just sayin' !
Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM
Australia, TAS, Penguin
Joined Mar 2012
654 Posts
We built a standard DF A rig from Mylar in a couple of hours last week.
Not too hard once you have made a few and have the gear.

Maybe the six week delay is caused by having a life other than sailmaking ;-) I know if it were me, I would be too busy sailing to be making sails to sell....
mrpenguin is offline Find More Posts by mrpenguin
Old Yesterday, 06:42 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2014
17 Posts
It took 8 weeks for mine to arrive and that was after some encouraging emails were sent. The class symbols were marked on the wrong side of the sails, but otherwise they set well and are sensitive to adjustment. Don't know if I'd buy again.
papafoxtrot is offline Find More Posts by papafoxtrot
Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM
Gringo42
United States, MI, Canton
Joined Jul 2014
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick L. View Post

Need a DF first dude !
Gringo42 is offline Find More Posts by Gringo42
Old Yesterday, 09:43 PM
Minnesota, USA
Joined Aug 2002
2,542 Posts
Do I know you ---- ?

What exactly is the point you are trying to make with your post?