SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 04, 2015, 11:04 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Jan 2013
321 Posts
Discussion
What's happened to the crazy prices on UM's????

Is this only a UK thing....????

I had been contemplating getting another 1S bird. But other commitments meant I'd not got round to it.

Was looking at the Parkzone UM Mustang AS3X, Eflite UMX Corsair type of thing.

Last year, so maybe only 5-6 months back these where easy to find. The Mustang was going for £50 BNF and the Corsair for £70'ish.

Having a look today, not only are they harder to find. But the prices are totally nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Mustang is going for £90-100 And I've even seen one place asking £12 more for the BNF version over the RTF one although the BNF is out of stock.

Should 5 months or so really have hiked the priced by 90-100%?

And the Corsair -- can't even see it listed, even at places that had it previously. The only one I've found is on ebay from Germany and they want £124 for it

To put it in perspective. The UMX sBach is only £75 (2S, AS3X, brushless). And I paid £83 just over a year ago for a UMX Beast 3D.

Has Horizon had a massive price hike?? If so, I can't see myself buying much else from them.
ChickenDrumstick is offline Find More Posts by ChickenDrumstick
Last edited by ChickenDrumstick; Mar 04, 2015 at 11:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2015, 02:52 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
2,457 Posts
ChickeeDumpling,,,,,what is the reason for starting superflorisss threds ;;;HH has not gone up on there prices...................
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Mar 04, 2015, 03:34 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Jan 2013
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
ChickeeDumpling,,,,,what is the reason for starting superflorisss threds ;;;HH has not gone up on there prices...................
Please don't be condescending. I've explained my findings in the op. If you can't tell the difference between £80 and £50. That is your problem not mine.

The simple fact is. Prices in the United Kingdom are indeed higher than a few months ago. And for the record HH don't sell direct to the public here.
Last edited by ChickenDrumstick; Mar 10, 2015 at 03:58 AM.
Old Mar 04, 2015, 05:04 PM
Joined Nov 2014
719 Posts
Nope prices are definitely up a little. I'm kicking myself in the butt about not picking up the um P-40 it was around 70$ a few months ago
ApexpretadorGT is offline Find More Posts by ApexpretadorGT
Old Mar 04, 2015, 08:59 PM
Fox 1
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Jan 2013
668 Posts
RocketRobin is offline Find More Posts by RocketRobin
Last edited by RocketRobin; Mar 05, 2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old Mar 04, 2015, 11:33 PM View Post
dalecheek1
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). It is temporarily hidden while dalecheek1 edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Mar 05, 2015, 04:59 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Jan 2013
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
BACK AT U JERK OFF BOYS....When does ASKING a simple question mean for Some dodos to voment verbale attacks...................
Well looking at the posts in this thread, it was you that started the name calling. So why did me "ASKING a simple question" result in you answering with "Some dodos to voment verbale attacks"
Old Mar 05, 2015, 06:39 AM
Joined Feb 2014
141 Posts
Happy Full Moon, guys
Pile It is offline Find More Posts by Pile It
Old Mar 05, 2015, 07:28 AM View Post
pudizusb
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). Show it to me anyway.
Old Mar 06, 2015, 08:58 AM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
5,256 Posts
What a bright and cheery thread. It would have been useful if drumstick had inserted links in his OP so British fliers could avoid those companies hiking prices in the face of no price increases from Horizon Hobby. Instead it's just a cheerful and friendly thread. Have fun guys!
Rockin Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Mar 08, 2015, 05:11 AM
Joined Apr 2013
972 Posts
Play nice or people will not like you!! Remember - Forums are a place for helpful information!

Horizon has pretty much held the prices at about the same place. I wish they would come out with some new WWII planes like maybe a Hurricane or Zero?
pjdog350 is offline Find More Posts by pjdog350
Old Mar 08, 2015, 09:28 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Jan 2013
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjdog350 View Post
Play nice or people will not like you!! Remember - Forums are a place for helpful information!

Horizon has pretty much held the prices at about the same place. I wish they would come out with some new WWII planes like maybe a Hurricane or Zero?
Not meaning this offensively but are you blind or are simple sums too much for you? The prices have changed - fact. I posted the figures in the op. If you can find me places selling them at the old prices - please let me know so I can purchase from them.
Old Mar 08, 2015, 11:59 AM
COPENHAGEN DENMARK
Joined Aug 2007
337 Posts
Look at ROBOTBIRDS, Not so bad, not on sales

John
johnkielsen is offline Find More Posts by johnkielsen
Old Mar 10, 2015, 04:20 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Jan 2013
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkielsen View Post
Look at ROBOTBIRDS, Not so bad, not on sales

John
Thanks. Looks like they might have it in stock:
http://robotbirds.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=8434

Although it's still £70. Guess what irks me is, Nov time last year there were several places selling it for £49.99 and a couple even with free shipping. I know it's only £20 more, but seems a big percentage hike.

Can't see the the Corsair listed, although they have got the old Parkzone one listed as in stock. But they want £75 for it:
http://robotbirds.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=6156

But the best bit and if anyone needs proof of price rises take a look at this. Not only are they still selling the old discontinued UM Mustang along side the newer AS3X version, but they are the same price. Well the BNF is on a "special price" with a price increase of £19.95!!!

Old Mar 10, 2015, 10:14 AM
Joined Apr 2013
972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenDrumstick View Post
Not meaning this offensively but are you blind or are simple sums too much for you? The prices have changed - fact. I posted the figures in the op. If you can find me places selling them at the old prices - please let me know so I can purchase from them.

Chicken-stick:

I have 20/20 vision which is really great for my old age but I checked HH on the prices of UMX's I've bought within the last year. The F4U, B-17, P-51, Mosquito are all the same price that I paid for them last year. Maybe it's a British thing. You know the devaluation of the dollar to the pound type of thing.

Jack
pjdog350 is offline Find More Posts by pjdog350