SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 22, 2015, 07:05 PM
Joined Aug 2013
367 Posts
crash

Well, won't be posting again for a while
DJI NAZA Mv2
took off in ATTI mode and control was lost from launch. Radio had no effect. NAZA would not respond to throttle or shut down commands.

LED was blinking double amber, no reds, as is normal. Because I was in the door of the garage I did not take off in GPS mode even though it had satellite lock of plus 7.

I was in gimbal PID tuning mode and this was the last of several flights in the same spot. At this point I have not ascertained a reason for the loss of control.

After stepping on my craft like a tarantula and pulling its plug, I checked the Radio switches which were all in normal take off position. Gopro wireless was not activated.

Taranis radio is set up with voice warnings for signal loss, low battery, RSSI. There were no warnings.

This was the first anomaly in over a year of flying this craft.

I pulled the remains of the broken props off and fired up the beast on the bench. All is functioning normally. Initialization, power up and power down all working as normal with the same settings as when the crash occurred.

Gimbal, landing gear, props, vtx toast.

When I plug in the controller, I get constant beeping. I can read and write to the board but there is no motor activation and the battery indicator in 2.40b7 gui is reading zero. I can see no visible damage to the board, calibrations do nothing. I pulled the third axis off and disabled it and still no power to motors.

crash (0 min 24 sec)
katman1260 is offline Find More Posts by katman1260
Last edited by katman1260; Mar 22, 2015 at 07:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts