SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by wamsy55, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 09:27 AM
Vineland, N.J.
Joined Sep 2003
764 Posts
Don't worry about background noise/music.
My preference is no background.
It gives me a chance to hear the plane, the throttle etc. and what
the pilot is doing.

Juss me...

Good flying by the way.
Love my 50" Addiction.
bob_nj is online now Find More Posts by bob_nj
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2015, 11:50 AM
Thumbs are overrated.
The Netherlands, NB, Sint-Michielsgestel
Joined Nov 2014
119 Posts
Thanks Bob, but i ment trees or buildings in the background. Then i can better see what i am doing (wrong), when i study them. I find it a great learning tool.
Poffertjesporem is offline Find More Posts by Poffertjesporem
Old Feb 17, 2015, 07:41 PM
Huck'in Addict
United States, FL, Crestview
Joined Feb 2014
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poffertjesporem View Post
Thanks Bob, but i ment trees or buildings in the background. Then i can better see what i am doing (wrong), when i study them. I find it a great learning tool.
Great flight Boris!!!! You are getting smooth on the sticks. And that Addy X is crazy floaty. It looks like it loved to slow down and not rock the wings.

Your RH circle is really good. But I agree the vid would look better with a background for perspective.

How does your balsa Addy perform compared to a foamie? It looks to me like it just flies much better than my VA.

Dee
gtzero is online now Find More Posts by gtzero
Old Feb 18, 2015, 05:37 PM
Thumbs are overrated.
Joined Nov 2014
119 Posts
Quote:
Great flight Boris!!!! You are getting smooth on the sticks. And that Addy X is crazy floaty. It looks like it loved to slow down and not rock the wings.

Your RH circle is really good. But I agree the vid would look better with a background for perspective.

How does your balsa Addy perform compared to a foamie? It looks to me like it just flies much better than my VA.

Dee
Thanks Dee, i am geting used to the high rollrate, and am spending a lot of time on the sim. Now mostly inverted harrier and torque roll.

Im to Rookie to give an decent comparison, but IMO its in a divrent league. Super stiff, high roll rates and stable. She eats wind and turbulance like its not there, this whit sufficant airspeed, a high AOA wil make it jumpie again. In low wind conditions, she alows me to really slow here down, nice clean stalls in iverted and upright attitude and knifedge is just to easy, same as hover. Nice low stress flying until you ad power, this is were she really pulls away from the foamies, just awsome!
Old Feb 22, 2015, 08:40 PM
Huck'in Addict
United States, FL, Crestview
Joined Feb 2014
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poffertjesporem View Post
Thanks Dee, i am geting used to the high rollrate, and am spending a lot of time on the sim. Now mostly inverted harrier and torque roll.

Im to Rookie to give an decent comparison, but IMO its in a divrent league. Super stiff, high roll rates and stable. She eats wind and turbulance like its not there, this whit sufficant airspeed, a high AOA wil make it jumpie again. In low wind conditions, she alows me to really slow here down, nice clean stalls in iverted and upright attitude and knifedge is just to easy, same as hover. Nice low stress flying until you ad power, this is were she really pulls away from the foamies, just awsome!
Thanks for the review! I'm about to start building my extreme flight edge 48". Finally my first balsa ! I really wanted to get an Addy X too, but I really can't afford both at the same time. Weather here is simply horrible, so I might as well get to building. -- Get some more vids posted as soon as you can. It's great watching you progress so quickly my friend! It keeps me motivated lol

Dee
gtzero is online now Find More Posts by gtzero
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:23 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
2,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtzero View Post
Thanks for the review! I'm about to start building my extreme flight edge 48". Finally my first balsa ! I really wanted to get an Addy X too, but I really can't afford both at the same time. Weather here is simply horrible, so I might as well get to building. -- Get some more vids posted as soon as you can. It's great watching you progress so quickly my friend! It keeps me motivated lol

Dee
I thought i kept u motivated;;;;;;;ha ha ha ;;;If U let me Maiden your edge 48 .i will Train it to fly Low and Slow for U
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Feb 25, 2015, 06:29 PM
Thumbs are overrated.
Joined Nov 2014
119 Posts
Lol dale.

@Dee, great to hear about your first balsa m8, that EF edge wil kick ass!
Wheater here is also bad, cant wait till its spring.
Nice to hear that my noob vids are appriciated
Good luck with the build, can't wait to hear about it flying Or a vid maybey
Old Mar 14, 2015, 07:15 AM
Thumbs are overrated.
Joined Nov 2014
119 Posts
I hope Wamsy does not mind me spaming his topic with noob vids

addiction x 21 knt gusts (13 min 1 sec)
Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:30 PM
KbKann
United States, MA, Barnstable
Joined Dec 2013
15 Posts
Wamsy, your tutorials are fantastic! Thank you so much for taking the time and making the effort to help the rest of us learn how to do some of this stuff. I'm a noob (1 year in), so looking forward to my second summer of flying and beginning to fly 3D. I've got 4 planes that are 3D capable. Thanks for the inspiration that someday I too may be able to fly like you do.
KbKann is offline Find More Posts by KbKann
Old Mar 16, 2015, 06:24 AM
Joined May 2014
158 Posts
Also a thank you from me. Watched your tutorials Flying about 4 years now and practicing in 3d for about a year. Love it Here how i fly today... have a lot to lern still but its okay for me ^^

Twisted Hobbys SU-29 Russian: Fun at 2 cells (4 min 26 sec)
Dermensch is online now Find More Posts by Dermensch
Old Mar 16, 2015, 09:04 AM
Fly Low
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KbKann View Post
Wamsy, your tutorials are fantastic! Thank you so much for taking the time and making the effort to help the rest of us learn how to do some of this stuff. I'm a noob (1 year in), so looking forward to my second summer of flying and beginning to fly 3D. I've got 4 planes that are 3D capable. Thanks for the inspiration that someday I too may be able to fly like you do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermensch View Post
Also a thank you from me. Watched your tutorials Flying about 4 years now and practicing in 3d for about a year. Love it Here how i fly today... have a lot to lern still but its okay for me ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV31Ec3w-5M
No problem! Glad you guys have enjoyed them and used them.
wamsy55 is offline Find More Posts by wamsy55