SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 20, 2012, 03:44 PM
made of fire and pop rocks
Richmond Virginia
Joined Oct 2009
1,711 Posts
Discussion
Could someone please send a boat to rescue the boat we sent to rescue that boat.?

opps.

bgnome is offline Find More Posts by bgnome
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:21 PM
Old wreck in Milwaukee
United States, WI, West Allis
Joined May 2007
3,819 Posts
What we have here is TWO learning moments, and allot of report writing.
Prins Willem is offline Find More Posts by Prins Willem
Old Jul 20, 2012, 06:09 PM
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,454 Posts
Now since we see (sea?) two rescue launches, where is the boat they were supposed to rescue? Or did they just wait till the tide went out and walked home?
Foo
fooman2008 is offline Find More Posts by fooman2008
Old Jul 20, 2012, 06:32 PM
United States, MA, Lowell
Joined Dec 2008
536 Posts
The most important part is they have secured a line to the other vessel .
Homeport is offline Find More Posts by Homeport
Old Jul 20, 2012, 06:53 PM
Big Boats Rule!
Wisconsin
Joined Jun 2007
2,051 Posts
That's in case the tide comes back in before they return from the pub.

Dave
boater_dave is offline Find More Posts by boater_dave
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:02 PM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,624 Posts
They did find nice, level places to park. Easy off, easy on.
420TEE is online now Find More Posts by 420TEE
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:27 PM
Richmond Virginia
Joined Oct 2009
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooman2008 View Post
Now since we see (sea?) two rescue launches, where is the boat they were supposed to rescue? Or did they just wait till the tide went out and walked home?
Foo
If I'm getting the story correct, the one with the cabin was out doing its patrol thing when it suffered an engine failure.. they got close to shore and radioed in for help. when the little guy showed up, the tide went out in the middle of the rescue operations, so they were both stuck.

so.. they tied off to each other and the shore to wait for the tide to come back in to float off.

so yes.. they're probably all back at the pub....
and you know what? why not at this point? its all Cornish pasties, stout, and outlandish tales of faerie folk, their king, his loaded bargains and the BANSHEEE! from here on out.

now.. while all this is going on, the local land baron of the village has gotten into a round of fisticuffs with the newcomer American expat (who has old family ties to the village), over the honer and dowry of the land barons feisty redhaired sister who the expat loves dearly and doesn't see what all the fuss is about because he has enough money of his own for the both of them!

well... suffice to say, I'm sure it will all work its way out in the morning.. the two captains will have taken their gentlemanly bets on the out come of the fight, the BANSHEEEE!!! will have come and squawked a little bit, but the kindly old man will still be there matching wits with the faerie king and as the the two ships captains kick off with the tide, Sean Connery will sing them off with a jaunty Irish isle tune, even though he is Scottish.

Then, to make things even MORE confusing... during the closing credits Tom Jones will come out of no where, and sing along with a modern pop version of "She's a lady" as performed by cafornia pop rock band. Smash mouth, while the villagers have a disco line dance off.
Last edited by bgnome; Jul 20, 2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 09:27 AM
N.E.Mass.
Joined Apr 2007
3,114 Posts
BG, Could the expat be John Wayne and the sister be Maureen O'Hara and oh yes could the brother be Victor McLaglen? If so then the village priest must be Ward Bond.
charlie eaton is offline Find More Posts by charlie eaton
Old Jul 21, 2012, 09:37 AM
N.E.Mass.
Joined Apr 2007
3,114 Posts
The Quiet Man!!!!!!!
charlie eaton is offline Find More Posts by charlie eaton
Old Jul 21, 2012, 04:41 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie eaton View Post
BG, Could the expat be John Wayne and the sister be Maureen O'Hara and oh yes could the brother be Victor McLaglen? If so then the village priest must be Ward Bond.
(sigh) Charlie, you went right over the heads of them young-uns with that, as they probably never heard of that movie---.

But I did like Beer Gnome's fanciful version of that embarassing grounding---.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Jul 21, 2012, 06:54 PM
Richmond Virginia
Joined Oct 2009
1,711 Posts
now, I also referenced Darby O'Gill and the little people and any Shreck movie. I would've brought in Petes' dragon as well, but that takes place in Maine.. or Rhode Island something like that..

Fanciful version? Isn't this stuff a daily occurrence in quint seaside villages like that?.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 06:59 PM
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,454 Posts
For those who think there were no movies made before 1976 the "Quiet Man" (directed by John Ford) Starred Maureen O'Hara, John Wayne, and Ward Bond. It has been on DVD and just remastered as part of the 'Republic Classics Series.' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Quiet_Man http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045061/ Yes children there were movies made before Tora Tora Tora!
Foo
fooman2008 is offline Find More Posts by fooman2008
Old Jul 21, 2012, 07:35 PM
Richmond Virginia
Joined Oct 2009
1,711 Posts
A great movie indeed, and miss O'hara was HAWT!!!
the sainted bride and I watch at least once a month. Im going to have to break down and get the remastered DVD, the copy I have right now is a digital transfer from VHS.

By the way.. I'm 38, and the missus 43, not a spring chicken anymore, but not that advanced in years earlier, well... a decade or so in the beer mines and making it past 35, the bod is getting a bit treacherous
but, I've been watching "old" movies all my life and have quite the collection of cheesy B grade sci-fi and horror..

Remember kids.. before there was made for video, heck, before there WAS video, you had the made for drive-in, and midnight screenings class of movies that no one was really watching anyways... if'n y'all know what I'm talking about and um... *wink* I think you do!
Old Jul 21, 2012, 09:24 PM
Keep a Steady Strain....
Orange County, CA
Joined Nov 2007
1,261 Posts
If you say "three," mister, you'll never hear the man count "ten."
capntroy is offline Find More Posts by capntroy
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:14 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgnome View Post
Remember kids.. before there was made for video, heck, before there WAS video, you had the made for drive-in, and midnight screenings class of movies that no one was really watching anyways...
Hee hee---, what else can I say---?
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan