SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:32 AM
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
Help!
Parkzone p47 thunderbolt aileron issue

I'm fairly new to RC so any help is appreciated. My P-47 started acting up today. When I plug the battery in all seems fine, but once it's bound to my DX6i the right aileron drops down. It still responds, but when I lift the aileron up it can only get level with the wing. Tried rebinding to a blank memory on dx6i but same thing. The left aileron is fine. What can I try to solve this issue? Could it be the dx6i or a settings issue, or the servo? Thanks.
EstebanRC is offline Find More Posts by EstebanRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2012, 07:36 AM
Georgetown IN
Joined Jul 2010
1,048 Posts
Did the aileron take a hit, maybe while transporting the plane? My advice would be to remove the servo and check the gears. It is quite easy to do if you are mechanically inclined. If not, your LHS should be able to assist. The gear set is only a few bucks. The whole servo is about $12.

gear set:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...f4f-PKZ1081#t4

Servo:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...00-f4f-PKZ1081
10AE is offline Find More Posts by 10AE
Old Aug 08, 2012, 07:39 AM
Georgetown IN
Joined Jul 2010
1,048 Posts
BTW, there is a huge Parkzone P-47 thread in Electric Warbirds section. If you have any further questions or need advice, look there first. Pretty much everything thing that can be done to a P-47 has been discussed.
10AE is offline Find More Posts by 10AE
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:12 AM
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
I suppose it could have been hit in transport, seeing as I just made a cross country move, although I babied the plane while packing it in my car. I'll take it into my LHS to be safe, I don't know what I'd even be looking for and I'm mechanically impaired. Thanks for the info, and I'll be sure to check the p 47 thread
EstebanRC is offline Find More Posts by EstebanRC