New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 06:59 AM
Find More Posts by flightengr
Joined Mar 2013
487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripacheco View Post
A club member argued to me to the end-of-time that one of the positions of the SAFE system is Off.

Was there a time, on an older version of SAFE, that "expert mode" meant totally off?

the documentation clearly indicates expert mode is not OFF
In Experienced Mode, the SAFE functions - limits on pitch and roll angles - are in fact off. AS3X, the automatic stabilization system, is always on.

AS3X is different from SAFE and is common on most Spektrum receivers now. AS3X will automatically correct for unexpected movement such as wind. AS3X will not attempt to control the plane at all - it only helps to make sure the plane stays in the same position you told it to go to. For example, if you turn it upside down, but then the wind tries to turn it some more, AS3X will correct for only the wind. You'll still be upside down.
flightengr is offline Find More Posts by flightengr
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 11:32 AM
Find More Posts by "TIMBITS"
Nova Scotia, Canada
Joined Jun 2006
276 Posts
Inverted Hand Launch

Anybody done this ??? Saw a YouTube video awhile back of a guy doing it but can't seem to find it now. I'm assuming this was done in "Beginner Mode" and maybe with the "Panic Switch" pulled as he tossed it.
I'd certainly not do it til I was really confident in the plane, have a good head wind, and be assured of adequate full power.
If its doeable; a cool stunt for a FunFly event perhaps.
"TIMBITS" is online now Find More Posts by "TIMBITS"