SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 04, 2013, 09:38 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,122 Posts
Discussion
A30 8XL v2 broken magnets for the 2nd time

First off I want to be clear, I'm not abusing this motor, its powering a flying wing with a folding prop. A single 4s pack and total amps in the air are 45 at climb out. First time was just like the latest one: I powered to full and hand launched, then a terrible screeching followed by loss of power and motor seizure. It was about 8 months between the 1st and 2nd issue.

On the ground, I removed the can to find all the magnets on the edges were broken off.

I got the short end of the deal on the first round, as AeroModel wouldn't warranty it but happily sold me a new one (ugh).

I really don't want to drop another $80 on a new one but this motor is great efficiency and power for my wing.

What are my options at this point?

Matt
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bill Hempel Xtreme Decathlon
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2013, 10:38 AM
United States, AZ, Tempe
Joined May 2009
24 Posts
Matt,
We will be happy to look at this issue for you. Of course, without physically seeing the motor, it is difficult to evaluate what actually happened.

Since this is the second time this has happened, something may be causing this failure - possibly an out of balance (or tracking) prop, motor mounting, or just power output.

Please send in the motor so that we can take a look and figure out what is going on.

Thanks,
Mike
aeromodel is offline Find More Posts by aeromodel
Site Sponsor