Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:31 PM
"FPV"er not a "LOS"er
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
Discussion
Looking for a Kit

Hi all,

I've recently gotten into nitro planes (I've flown electric for about 3 years and even done some fpv) I picked up an old NexStar style plane from a church yardsale and purchased servo's a .25 engine etc... Only to find out the wing spar was rotted and it folded up on me my 3rd or 4th flight.

I have all the components to put into the plane I just NEED a plane. I can't seem to find any .25 kits anywhere. I was looking at any version Cessna or just any kits that take a .25 engine!

Thanks for the help,
Reid
Wettfeat is offline Find More Posts by Wettfeat
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:47 PM
team sleprock
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
3,478 Posts
if I was gonna build another 25 size plane, I would look at the SIG KOBRA a 25 would be a sweet performer, or a http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUJ25&P=0

depending on what your preferench is!
whiskykid is online now Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: great day!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:30 PM
89" Kool Aid drinker.
United States, CA, Ventura
Joined Dec 2001
3,133 Posts
Check out the Sig website, a lot of planes to choose from. The Sig Kadet LT 25 should be close to the same as your NexStar, but there are a lot of other sport planes to choose from also, just find something to use the .25 engine...

Mike

www.sigmfg.com
Smash McCrash is offline Find More Posts by Smash McCrash
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:32 PM
"FPV"er not a "LOS"er
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
I was looking at the 1/6 scale Cub. Looks like a good choice for scale flight and aerobatics.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:17 PM
Joined Nov 2011
33 Posts
Have a look at these guys. These are Joe Bridi designs and they fly very well. These kits have excellent wood and top shelf hardware. Plus Bridi designs are easy to build. And the prices are more than fair for what you get.

For 25 sized planes look at the Krafty 25, Warlord 25 and the Aircruiser 25. I built the aircruiser and have the loadstar and krafty 60 in my attic waiting to be built.

http://www.bridiairplanes.com/
burlesontom is offline Find More Posts by burlesontom
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:01 PM
Fueled by Arabica Beans
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2008
4,037 Posts
I just built a Great Planes T-Craft... it should be a pretty good match for the .25 I put in it.
ChillPhatCat is offline Find More Posts by ChillPhatCat
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:50 PM
"FPV"er not a "LOS"er
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
I think I'm going to go for the 1/6 scale Cub. I might even post a build log? That would be my first ever. Thanks for the help guys.