HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:10 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
There is a video of the new WL Toys CP. For some reason, I cannot get it to embed here.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDQ3MzU0NTQ4.html
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:12 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohbello View Post
Hello,
Can someone help me please, my v911 not working properly, when take of its spins like mad i have checked the tail motor looks fine and still strong, i have checked the flybar its ok, checked the blades the sawch plate everything looks ok even the servos and trimming, im worried if the pcb is gone, any one had a similar problem?
Thanks,
Sounds like the symptoms of a bad gyro, which unfortunately no one has found a way to easily replace/repair yet.
stonecutter is online now Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:12 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
v911 not working properly, when take of its spins like mad i have checked the tail motor looks fine and still strong, i have checked the flybar its ok, checked the blades the sawch plate everything looks ok even the servos and trimming, im worried if the pcb is gone
If spins nose-right (clockwise)
Push the tail boom into the main frame.
Push the Tail motor towards the main frame.

Gyro Test
Hold the helicopter in your hand
Apply throttle
Tail motor speeds up when helicopter rotated counter-clockwise (nose-left)
Tail motor slows down when helicopter rotated clockwise (nose-right)
Tail motor speeds up when throttle increased.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:47 PM
Joined Sep 2012
19 Posts
spins clockwise non stop, i have replaced the tail motor the same problem, i cant control it any more.
mohbello is offline Find More Posts by mohbello
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:00 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
spins clockwise non stop, i have replaced the tail motor the same problem, i cant control it any more.
Look at your transmitter LCD display.

Rudder left and right should show on LCD display.

If the helicopter does NOT get off the ground, then could be LiPo battery.

Does the tail motor change speed. If not then Printed Circuit Board (PCB) has a shorted rudder FET (motor control transistor) or a shorted Snub Diode. Look on the PCB where the tail motor wires are soldered. Anything burned up there. If you soldered on new tail wires, try removing the wires and solder back on.

V911-PCB-Parts V911-PCB-Parts
The parts, left to right...
Main motor FET
Antenna hole
16MHz crystal
Electronic Gyro
Gyro mixer ??
Tail motor FET
Tail motor snub diode
Last edited by Ribble; Sep 14, 2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:08 PM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Always been told to never assume so I gotta ask. Is the tail rotor on the right direction?
Killer Bee is offline Find More Posts by Killer Bee
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:42 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
There is a video of the new WL Toys CP. For some reason, I cannot get it to embed here.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDQ3MzU0NTQ4.html
wow that one guy crashes just like I do in less than 10 seconds.
I hope when this comes out that they keep the settings secret for the 9x.
thanks
tonytester
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:54 PM
Joined Sep 2012
19 Posts
I have checked the gyro no problem its responsive tail motor respond to the heli movement on my hand, checked the ruder on the tx left goes left right goes right, and the rotor on thr right direction, the problem that i have notice is the tail motor is on constants speed on low throttle or max throttle same speed, the problem started when i hit a wall. thanks for ur help.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:01 PM
Joined Sep 2012
19 Posts
hi, i have took the small cover of the gyro applied throttle, put my finger on the gyro and the tial motor increase speed with the throttle and decrease speed when i put less throttle, so i have a bad gyro, i will sort something out, as u put ur finger its works fine.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:09 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
I have checked the gyro no problem its responsive tail motor respond to the heli movement on my hand, checked the ruder on the tx left goes left right goes right, and the rotor on thr right direction, the problem that i have notice is the tail motor is on constants speed on low throttle or max throttle same speed, the problem started when i hit a wall. thanks for ur help.
Guess the gyro mixer on the helicopter PCB has lost the throttle input. You may find a bad solder connection or a copper trace is shorted. Could try a small amount of pressure on the integrated circuit wire leads. I think the gyro mixer is next to the tail motor FET. and has 5 leads.

Not much left except replace the helicopter PCB. A new V911 BNF is a better buy.

Quote:
hi, i have took the small cover of the gyro applied throttle, put my finger on the gyro and the tial motor increase speed with the throttle and decrease speed when i put less throttle, so i have a bad gyro, i will sort something out, as u put ur finger its works fine.
You may be flexing the PCB causing something nearby to make good contact. Or static electricity from your finger is changing something.
Last edited by Ribble; Sep 14, 2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:14 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,569 Posts
It's a bad gyro then. I did some research into this when a forum member sent me their board with a known bad gyro. It's hard getting the gyro off without a rework heat iron. One of the traces will inevitably break. In fact, it feels like it breaks very easily. Perhaps that one reason why it's always gooped down with adhesive.

Second thing is, I could not find a suitable replacement gyro for sale. Or even discussion on anyone doing it. So the only solution is to get a new board or a new BNF unit. Luckily both are cheap for the v911.

I bet on your board, if you reheat each of the four contact points (actually, only three is used) for the gyro, you may likely get it fixed. It does seem like one of the solder joint broke. It means you would have to clean off all the white adhesive to get access to those solder joints. It runs from each corner and under the gyro itself. A good iron, steady hand will allow you to reflow the solder joint and fix any breaks in the joint.

Good luck. Let us know if you succeed. In the mean time, place an order for a BNF v911.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:17 PM
Joined Aug 2012
71 Posts
My Yellow v911 just came.
At first I thought i was being a baby about it taking over a month to arrive.

Am i justified in being disappointing that one of the blades was bent, along with the balance bar to the point that the heli vibrates.. luckily I had a spare set to put on it.

I am impressed that it fly much more smoothly and quietly than the old v911

but does banggood do anything about warped pieces in shipping?

* it looks like there is a little band or clip that connect the tail boom to the frame...i didnt get one of those
totse is offline Find More Posts by totse
Last edited by totse; Sep 14, 2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:26 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by totse View Post
Am i justified in being disappointing that one of the blades was bent along with the balance bar to the point that the heli vibrates.. luckily I had a spare set to put on it.
The flybar is easy to straighten unless it's bent really bad. Heat some water to almost boiling then take it off the heat and put the flybar in. Let it sit in the hot water for some seconds then take it out and bend it back straight. Be careful and don't bend it too much, the plastic will be softer. Let it cool while holding it straight, it might revert some and you'll have to repeat the process and/or keep it in the hot water longer.

Not sure about main blades, you could try to do the same thing but they're made of a different more brittle plastic that might break if you try to straighten it.

If I had to guess I bet Banggood would replace them for free.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined Sep 2012
19 Posts
problem is that the small metal bar inside the gyro broke in half, nothing i can do about it as a new pcb is the only option, the seller told me to return it to china its not worth the hassle, thanks guys for ur kind support.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:31 PM
Spain, Valencian Community, Burriana
Joined Mar 2012
119 Posts
mi ultima modificacion, flybar tipo trex y baterias de 150 mah...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Geso is offline Find More Posts by Geso